The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2022, 11:21 AM   #61
Wartortle
Mouser

Right before 5k reopened pre-orders for Leo, they posted on instagram showing concept art for wave 2 which looks to be Donny and Splinter.
Wartortle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:09 AM   #62
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartortle View Post
Right before 5k reopened pre-orders for Leo, they posted on instagram showing concept art for wave 2 which looks to be Donny and Splinter.
Just checked their Insta, couldn't see any Donnie shots? EDIT: Nothing Google image search couldn't sort out. Think I'll just stick to getting Leo.

I've pre-ordered Leo, and seeing the latest images makes me even more excited. This is potentially going to be my personal TMNT crown jewel, he looks so damn awesome. THIS is what live action TMNT should be based on (without the samurai stuff)! Damn you Michael Bay!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:56 AM   #63
Dask
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Just checked their Insta, couldn't see any Donnie shots? EDIT: Nothing Google image search couldn't sort out. Think I'll just stick to getting Leo.

I've pre-ordered Leo, and seeing the latest images makes me even more excited. This is potentially going to be my personal TMNT crown jewel, he looks so damn awesome. THIS is what live action TMNT should be based on (without the samurai stuff)! Damn you Michael Bay!
While I agree with you, the snubbing of Michael Bay is uncalled for. His designs were appropriate (and no he didn't ruin anyone's childhood, there's like a zillion looks for the TMNT bros) and the most realistic to date, he captured the essence of turtle personalities (which is core to any successful film revolving around them) and redeemed himself by the second movie. It's a shame that mob mentality can ruin the prospects of franchises with potential. Folks are superficial, they didn't like the fact that the script was based on their alien roots and that they looked awesomebro-ish. No substantive gripes.

Last edited by Dask; 06-09-2022 at 12:32 PM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:36 PM   #64
Robogeek1973
Random Punk

Looks like it's a race to see who gets released first....Leatherhead or Leo.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:50 AM   #65
Robogeek1973
Random Punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PspKfjn5mM

Splinter.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #66
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

That Splinter is simply incredible.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:53 PM   #67
Otter
Stone Warrior

I wonder if the swords (?) at his hip are going to be more fleshed out.

I pre-ordered "Leo"... and cancelled.
Pre-ordered "Leatherhead"... and cancelled.

But, if "Splinter" comes with those four turtles, I can totally justify this as a standalone piece.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:46 PM   #68
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Until they are in hand, anything can happen. But as of this preview, I could not possibly be more happy with that Splinter. And the four baby turtles and ooze canister are fantastic bonuses. I really love it.

Leo was $5 deposit on a $50 item, very reasonable if you ask me. I hope Splinter is closer to that price than the Leatherhead price, but I'll pay either price point.

Here is hoping that Leo ships soon so people can start getting this line in hand and forming impressions and expectations for the rest of the figures before we have to plop down too many 5 notes for pre-orders.

Don pre-order next, I hope?

After the fantastic looking Leo, Don, Leatherhead and Splinter... I am really curious what they have in store for Mikey and Raph... not to mention Shredder and so many others. Really like the art design on these.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:32 AM   #69
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Until they are in hand, anything can happen. But as of this preview, I could not possibly be more happy with that Splinter. And the four baby turtles and ooze canister are fantastic bonuses. I really love it.

Leo was $5 deposit on a $50 item, very reasonable if you ask me. I hope Splinter is closer to that price than the Leatherhead price, but I'll pay either price point.

Here is hoping that Leo ships soon so people can start getting this line in hand and forming impressions and expectations for the rest of the figures before we have to plop down too many 5 notes for pre-orders.

Don pre-order next, I hope?

After the fantastic looking Leo, Don, Leatherhead and Splinter... I am really curious what they have in store for Mikey and Raph... not to mention Shredder and so many others. Really like the art design on these.
I agree on the getting the first order in hand. Hope they request the 50USD soon, I'm not planning on getting any more preorders on this line until I see Leo.

If he turns out as good as I hope then he might become my favourite TMNT figure I own...

Old 07-07-2022, 06:51 PM   #70
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

that splinter is fantastic.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:42 AM   #71
mikey0
Foot Elite

Crocker in box: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgs99TfptnZ/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:43 AM   #72
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I sent Fury Toys an update request, they came back to me saying Leo (Assassin Spring) should be ready around October ~ November time.

Old 08-01-2022, 07:18 AM   #73
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I sure hope so. We have been waiting some time now.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:38 AM   #74
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I sure hope so. We have been waiting some time now.
I'm sure they originally stated Summer 2022. I know these things fall behind, it happens with "the best" toy manufacturers.

I would just like to get this in hand before ordering any more Fury Toys. Splinter looks great, but I'll hang on until I see Leo first.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:14 AM   #75
Robogeek1973
Random Punk

Hoping that the in package pics mean that I'll have a gator-man in my hands soon.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #76
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Oh man the box got me excited really hope they have some good quality and can stand up right lol. Some NECA figs tip over pretty easy especially some of the top heavy characters I.E. Krang, triceratons, pizza aliens, etc etc
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote