The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Can John Bishop carry a TMNT film?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2017, 05:22 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Can John Bishop carry a TMNT film?

The title asks the question. Can John Bishop, as he was in the 2003-2009 series, carry a TMNT film as a main character (if you throw in some Krang-Kraang, Triceratons or Utroms)?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:47 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

In a sequel, yes, but in a reboot's debut, not so much.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Sure, he's a great threat to the Turtles, having a branch of the American military as the enemy is a much better concept for a movie than poison scam and... Whatever the hell was going on in the second PD movie, artifact fetch quest to summon something ill-defined?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Sure, he's a great threat to the Turtles, having a branch of the American military as the enemy is a much better concept for a movie than poison scam and... Whatever the hell was going on in the second PD movie, artifact fetch quest to summon something ill-defined?
I guess we must have a spacecraft with some Triceratons inside at least crashing onto Earth first.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Hell yes! I would love a TMNT movie with him as the main villain.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh, definitely, imo, if done right. Even if not someone directly after the Turtles, could still be some hate from him and conflict with the Turtles getting in his way (of his ulterior motives), and visa versa.

Had there been a 3rd PD film, I wouldn't have minded also seeing the police force who are aware of the Turtles have some involvement, with further conflict between them being very much in alliance with the Turtles yet here's this nut who has it in for them and has government ties.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

You could tweak cannon a bit and make it so April works for him and quits after she disagrees with his unethical experiments on mutants (Slash or Leatherhead) and aliens (Utroms). He tries to silence her, she runs away and that's where she meets the turtles.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
You could tweak cannon a bit and make it so April works for him and quits after she disagrees with his unethical experiments on mutants (Slash or Leatherhead) and aliens (Utroms). He tries to silence her, she runs away and that's where she meets the turtles.
Great idea! Or maybe Triceratons? Utroms don't attack Earth (unless it's the Kraang)
Old 06-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Swap Triceraton invaders for...
Spoiler:

...and Bishop doesn't believe our boys are Earthlings and not in league with the aliens.

Or maybe while others are invading, one of the turtle-like aliens crashed and Bishop has it captive, leading our Turtles to need to free it from Bishop as it holds some key or clue to stopping the invasion.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #10
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Great idea! Or maybe Triceratons? Utroms don't attack Earth (unless it's the Kraang)
I was thinking more he managed to capture some Utroms who had just come to Earth to study it. The Triceratons would be good too but I really like the Utroms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Swap Triceraton invaders for...

...and Bishop doesn't believe our boys are Earthlings and not in league with the aliens.

Or maybe while others are invading, one of the turtle-like aliens crashed and Bishop has it captive, leading our Turtles to need to free it from Bishop as it holds some key or clue to stopping the invasion.
That works too. They should totally put us in charge of a new TMNT movie!

Also, I really want Halle Berry to be April. I look at her and I really can't unsee it. This needs to happen!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #11
NYShell
Stone Warrior

NO

Even though I like Bishop.

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:00 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

In a live action movie Bishop would be nothing more than the main bad guy from The Matrix.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Nothing wrong with that. He was an Agent Smith expy to begin with. "Man in Black" is kind of a generic idea. Call him a mix of Smith and K.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Smile

I kinda don't think ANY TMNT side character can carry a solo movie. I mean based on what we have now, would you honestly care enough to pay money to see a Tatsu movie? A Keno movie? A Max Winters movie? Or how about a Tokka and Rahzar movie?

Come to think of it.... we already have a TMNT spin off. Vanilla Ice in Cool as Ice. His run in with mutant dancing turtles made him not bat an eye at all the weird cheesiness of that movie.

On that note apparently Super Shredder somehow survived the bridge collapsing on him and turned to stripping. I guess he realized there was more money in that compared to crime.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #15
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

It'd certainly be a change from the monotony of having Shredder be the main villain in a TMNT movie. I think it would be cool to see if they could make it work.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:17 PM   #16
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Yes, yes he could carry a TMNT film as a villain. As the head of the EPF, with several mutants from other versions acting as his minions. Heck, if you want to do an origin movie, the TMNT and splinter could be EPF experiments (Splinter having been a Japanese martial artist mutated into an anthro rat to serve as a fighting weapon against aliens, and the TMNT were exposed to the ooze next.) Splinter escapes from an EPF compound outside of N.Y.C., taking the baby turtles with him, and raises them liek in all other versions). Taking the idea above that April works for Bishop as a scientist, she sides with the turtles when Splinter sends them back to destroy bishop's operation, and together they take the E.P.F. down. Set up for shredder in the sequel. Like somebody mentioned above, it would be more interesting than another Shredder/foot for the first go-around.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #17
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Yes, yes he could carry a TMNT film as a villain. As the head of the EPF, with several mutants from other versions acting as his minions. Heck, if you want to do an origin movie, the TMNT and splinter could be EPF experiments (Splinter having been a Japanese martial artist mutated into an anthro rat to serve as a fighting weapon against aliens, and the TMNT were exposed to the ooze next.) Splinter escapes from an EPF compound outside of N.Y.C., taking the baby turtles with him, and raises them liek in all other versions). Taking the idea above that April works for Bishop as a scientist, she sides with the turtles when Splinter sends them back to destroy bishop's operation, and together they take the E.P.F. down. Set up for shredder in the sequel. Like somebody mentioned above, it would be more interesting than another Shredder/foot for the first go-around.
So, John Bishop would just go to Japan, kidnap Hamato Yoshi in secret, spray mutagen on him and take him to New York City and force him to fight extraterrestrials if he wants to become normal again?
Old 06-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #18
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
So, John Bishop would just go to Japan, kidnap Hamato Yoshi in secret, spray mutagen on him and take him to New York City and force him to fight extraterrestrials if he wants to become normal again?

Doesn't in most versions Yoshi come to New York City from Japan as an exile after the Saki/Shen/Clan betrayal deal? The reason Bishop would choose a skilled martial arts master from NYC to kidnap and mutate was to have a skilled mutant super-soldier with martial arts training. And I figured he'd either brainwash Yoshi, or use some other sinister means of control to make him obedient, but Splinter would escape before it could be implemented.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 06-04-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #19
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Doesn't in most versions Yoshi come to New York City from Japan as an exile after the Saki/Shen/Clan betrayal deal? The reason Bishop would choose a skilled martial arts master from NYC to kidnap and mutate was to have a skilled mutant super-soldier with martial arts training. And I figured he'd either brainwash Yoshi, or use some other sinister means of control to make him obedient, but Splinter would escape before it could be implemented.
Why would he think Japanese martial arts can fight off a more advanced civilization? Sure the turtles have kicked the butts of extraterrestrials hundreds of times before in other series, but that's part of them being underdogs.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #20
snake
Disgusting

Absolutely, as long as it's in a sequel. Get Keanu Reeves to play him for maximum Neo effect.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote