The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 06:34 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

How would you like a modern anime remake of OT season 1 as a full movie?

After watching some DragonBall Super and Pokemon Generations, I really liked the animation style and I think they could use it to make an animated tmnt movie to rejuvinate public interest in the turtles, how do you think it would work out?

This would be a remaster of the OT pilot season with more focus on character development rather than supporting characters (bye bye, Neutrinos), actions scenes like 2k3, an overall story like that of the OTs first season with changes made such as having a deeper Splinter and Shredder rivalry, all old OT voice actors reprise where possible, have a modern recreation of the old soundtrack and a noticeably more action orinted and darker tone than the OT, while still being enough like the original to be identifiable.

Do you think this stand alone movie like this would rejuvinate public interest in the turtles as a property and remind us that there is far more to tmnt than onnoxious CGI monsters? Infact, tmnt started out as a comic and I feel that making it a 2D series once again would not only stick out as a property from the cluster of CGI/Live Action films so prevelant nowdays, but fit better with the source material, allowing for more more similar adaptions to versions such as Mirage, the 1990 film and 2k3 after a stand alone OT remake to potentially light a spark of a new tmnt era.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 10-17-2016 at 07:03 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:47 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't think neither the Dragon Ball Super or Pokémon Generations art style is fitting TMNT. but, I wouldn't mind a Japanese animation group do a remake crack at season 1 of the Fred Wolf series.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:08 AM   #3
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

An anime film of the OT would be extremely profitable in Japan, where nostalgia for that show runs high. Get a Japanese production team who grew up on the original to work on it, and a studio like toei or gainax, and you'd have an amazing anime film on your hands. And if an OT anime were released in japan, an American release of such a well known property would be sure to follow.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

No. No. No. Did I hit ten characters yet? No.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No. No. No. Did I hit ten characters yet? No.
I will say, you turn tmnt over to a Japanese production team, give them creative fredom, along with access to all forms of turtle media for research, and you know whet you most likely to get for a movie? Maybe not the OT, but it will have:

-Orgin retelling
-Splinter as Yoshi
-Rocksteady and bebop
-Krang and the Technodrome
Yellow jumpsuit April

Don't think the Japanese will pander to nostalgia that much? Tell that to the sentai pirate team that turns into past sentai teams via keys, and the kamen rider who becomes past riders via cards. Oh, and how all gundam is now pandering to universal century/0079 fans now. If given tmnt for a movie,Japan will give us an OT remake, but probably a high quality one.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I will say, you turn tmnt over to a Japanese production team, give them creative fredom, along with access to all forms of turtle media for research, and you know whet you most likely to get for a movie? Maybe not the OT, but it will have:

-Orgin retelling
-Splinter as Yoshi
-Rocksteady and bebop
-Krang and the Technodrome
Yellow jumpsuit April

Don't think the Japanese will pander to nostalgia that much? Tell that to the sentai pirate team that turns into past sentai teams via keys, and the kamen rider who becomes past riders via cards. Oh, and how all gundam is now pandering to universal century/0079 fans now. If given tmnt for a movie,Japan will give us an OT remake, but probably a high quality one.
I don't want OT ever again. I grew out of it the day I first found an issue of Image Comics' TMNT Volume 3. IDW is the way to go... pay homage, update, and do serious yet fun-filled stories.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

F*ck and no.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't want OT ever again. I grew out of it the day I first found an issue of Image Comics' TMNT Volume 3. IDW is the way to go... pay homage, update, and do serious yet fun-filled stories.
Yes, I do agree, IDW would be the ideal version to adapt characters and tone from. Have a flashback to feudal japan and Yoshi and his son's execution at the beginning, then reshuffle story and plot Ideas to bring Krang, rocksteady, and bebop into the first film. Change Oroku Saki's name to Sawaki, change Hamato to Hamada, throw in shredder calling krang a 'stupid octopus', take the blood and violence limitations off, and you've got the recipe for an amazing TMNT film there!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
F*ck and no.
Right.

There really isn't much of a point to it, even if you like the FW cartoon. Just edit the episodes together if you really want that. Clean up the the quality or plotholes through the magic of editing if you really feel ambitious, but actually trying to recreate the first season of the FW cartoon would be a waste of money.

Now the irony here is that if Viacom really wanted to, they could probably do a shot for shot remake of any episode of the FW show without any legal problems, but they can't actually distribute the FW show itself.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Now the irony here is that if Viacom really wanted to, they could probably do a shot for shot remake of any episode of the FW show without any legal problems, but they can't actually distribute the FW show itself.
Knowing them, they're probably working on a way around that right now.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Yes, I do agree, IDW would be the ideal version to adapt characters and tone from. Have a flashback to feudal japan and Yoshi and his son's execution at the beginning, then reshuffle story and plot Ideas to bring Krang, rocksteady, and bebop into the first film. Change Oroku Saki's name to Sawaki, change Hamato to Hamada, throw in shredder calling krang a 'stupid octopus', take the blood and violence limitations off, and you've got the recipe for an amazing TMNT film there!
Now we're in agreement.

Except you can't fit Shredder, Krang, and Bebop/Rocksteady into the first movie. Too much.

Shredder and the Foot Clan.
Then Krang.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #12
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Now we're in agreement.

Except you can't fit Shredder, Krang, and Bebop/Rocksteady into the first movie. Too much.

Shredder and the Foot Clan.
Then Krang.

Human Bebop and rocksteady, flanking the sides and Shredders throne in foot clan headquarters scenes, and then actually being badass fighters taking on the turtles- think the anime JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE- style fighting, but without the 'stands'.

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #13
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Enough with the ****ing OT Turtles they are like an STD on the franchise you can't get rid of them. lets move on and stop trying to remake OT.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #14
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Knowing them, they're probably working on a way around that right now.
They've probably been working on that for the past seven years. Last time I heard Nickelodeon wanted to air the show on Nicktoons but Fred Wolf's lowest bid (just for airing the show mind you, not buying it) was absurdly high, which is why they aired the 4Kids show instead.

For a man who claims he paid out of pocket for someone else's toy commercial for nine years, he sure seems difficult to negotiate with.
Hahahaha!
Old 10-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I don't want almost exactly the same story retold over and over again.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:50 AM   #16
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Enough with the ****ing OT Turtles they are like an STD on the franchise you can't get rid of them. lets move on and stop trying to remake OT.
I agree, let's have japan do IDW instead!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:59 AM   #17
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Why am I the only person here who vouches for an idea to do an adaptation of the Archie comics series? That would be 1,000 times better than rehashing the original cartoon or even the Mirage comics over and over again! If it were up to me, I'd let both the Mirage comics and Fred Wolf cartoon die with dignity and give the lesser known iterations of TMNT a chance to shine.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Why am I the only person here who vouches for an idea to do an adaptation of the Archie comics series? That would be 1,000 times better than rehashing the original cartoon or even the Mirage comics over and over again! If it were up to me, I'd let both the Mirage comics and Fred Wolf cartoon die with dignity and give the lesser known iterations of TMNT a chance to shine.
... I'm not sure it'd be "1,000 times better", it would probably be better but I doubt it'd be that much better. The thing is that I don't think "Gotta save tuna from six-pack holders" the movie is something anyone really wants.
Hahahaha!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
... I'm not sure it'd be "1,000 times better", it would probably be better but I doubt it'd be that much better. The thing is that I don't think "Gotta save tuna from six-pack holders" the movie is something anyone really wants.
Might be something in an odyssey story, beginning with the Turtles getting whisked away to the Stump Arena stuff, to the "Final Conflict" stuff, all the way through the rainforest stuff and home. Maybe.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #20
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeah, I think I'd sit this one out.
But you kids have fun!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crisler's law