The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2015, 07:15 PM   #1421
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Absolutely. I often do the same thing, except not digitally, as I usually write everything in a notebook first, and then copy it onto the PC and change/fix as I type. If I like something from the handwritten version but it doesn't "fit", I still have it, and I can go back and look at it later, and see if it can be used elsewhere.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #1422
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Jeez... hard to believe this thread is over ten years old. And the story I started it with is even older than that. I started this story in 2002, as a freshman in college. I've plugged away at this thing over the years and now I've finally brought this story to a close.

No Place to Call Home - The Final Chapter.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:46 AM   #1423
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshell View Post
Got a link for me?

Generally speaking, if it doesn't work for you, cut the hell outta that sucker, and keep doing it until you're satisfied with it.

What I've taken to doing is saving the bits I cut in a scrap file, so as I rewrite, I can look back and compare, or grab a line I did like and re-insert it, or save those lines for something else. (It's okay to be a digital packrat, right?)
I took it down. I do still have my files with all the chapters and have been re-reading them as I type and using bits and pieces. I'm gonna post the prologue soon and since I've always been pretty happy with it, not much will change. The rest however will get heavy edits and plot changes so anyone who read it before will hopefully not feel like they're reading the same story.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #1424
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Good news, folk! Chapter three of Some other World is now UP! Shredder, Krang, and a very special guest are all here; at last we get to see THEIR side of the story.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1079568...me-Other-World

Old 01-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #1425
Amityville Rock
Foot Soldier

Thumbs up Re:

Yay I've posted my review Duckie, good job.
Amityville Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #1426
Amityville Rock
Foot Soldier

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Jeez... hard to believe this thread is over ten years old. And the story I started it with is even older than that. I started this story in 2002, as a freshman in college. I've plugged away at this thing over the years and now I've finally brought this story to a close.

No Place to Call Home - The Final Chapter.
I applaud your dedication.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #1427
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amityville Rock View Post
Yay I've posted my review Duckie, good job.

Thanks, AR! I am already working out the next chapter, and I'm nearly finished with the next chapter of LIS, as well. You guys are going to LOVE it!

Old 01-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #1428
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Absolutely. I often do the same thing, except not digitally, as I usually write everything in a notebook first, and then copy it onto the PC and change/fix as I type. If I like something from the handwritten version but it doesn't "fit", I still have it, and I can go back and look at it later, and see if it can be used elsewhere.
I used to be all about notebooks/journal-style books and then transferring, until I lost one of my notebooks on a flight. So much work, left sitting on a plane somewhere. So now I'm all about saving to thumb drive and the cloud. Also way easier to edit as I go.

PS, it's a challenge trying to get around to reading everyone's fics (and I hate not being able to start at the begining of a series), but I'm trying... Hopefully I'll get around to everyone's eventually. o.0
Ravenshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #1429
Amityville Rock
Foot Soldier

Exclamation Re:

New crossover story posted -

Spider-Man Teenage Mutant Ninja Warriors

Spider-Man and the Ninja Turtles team up to save the World from Shredder and the Green Goblin, co-authored by CMR Rosa.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1096779...Ninja-Warriors

enjoy
Old 01-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #1430
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshell View Post
I used to be all about notebooks/journal-style books and then transferring, until I lost one of my notebooks on a flight. So much work, left sitting on a plane somewhere. So now I'm all about saving to thumb drive and the cloud. Also way easier to edit as I go.

Understandable, but as I don't even have a smart-phone, much less a tablet or anything portable to hook a thumb-drive to, I still use my old-fashioned notebook. That, and I enjoy the FEEL of writing by hand. I have an extra-large purse just so I can carry my notebook with me, and it works really well, since I don't carry much else except part of my work uniform and a bottle of pain relievers (for the inevitable headaches from dealing with the public on a daily basis) anyway. At home, I save everything directly to my hard drive, and also occasionally to a thumb-drive, too. Especially since I (yes, still) use MS Works (8.0) as my writing program instead of Word. Hate Word with a passion- will NEVER use it!

Old 01-14-2015, 03:07 AM   #1431
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Understandable, but as I don't even have a smart-phone, much less a tablet or anything portable to hook a thumb-drive to, I still use my old-fashioned notebook. That, and I enjoy the FEEL of writing by hand. I have an extra-large purse just so I can carry my notebook with me, and it works really well, since I don't carry much else except part of my work uniform and a bottle of pain relievers (for the inevitable headaches from dealing with the public on a daily basis) anyway. At home, I save everything directly to my hard drive, and also occasionally to a thumb-drive, too. Especially since I (yes, still) use MS Works (8.0) as my writing program instead of Word. Hate Word with a passion- will NEVER use it!
If it works for you (or if it MS Works for you), run with it. I get the writing-feel thing... tactile experience is nice too... though sometimes I would get to the point of my wrist aching from all the pressure I was putting on it if I was writng a tense scene. Now I've traded that for too much pressure on my elbows, since I use the laptop for writing in bed now. Laptop's really opened a whole new world for me.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #1432
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh, believe me, I'd LOVE to have one- it's just an expense I can't afford now. As it is, I wouldn't even have the PC I do now if my other half hadn't come into a small inheritance about two and a half years ago. My previous one was so outdated and slow it was practically on its last legs, so I was forced to upgrade- and was fortunate to have the windfall that allowed me to get something that I could get a lot of use out of and which had the capabilities I wanted. But though I thought about going netbook or similar at the time, it wouldn't have been practical, since I work in a fast-food place and personal security is hard to come by. (Read- I wouldn't trust someone not to make off with or damage my precious new toy....) I'm safer using a desk-top at home, and the notebook to write in at work. At least that way if it comes up missing or damaged, I haven't lost an expensive machine I can't replace.

And besides, the tower makes a really cool place to show off some of my TMNT toys- I've currently got a stand-off going between my 2014 movie turtles and the Nick Foot soldiers, Mousers, Bebop, Tiger Claw, Slash, and 2014 movie Shredder! (It's a little crowed up there, but some of them are on top of my scanner....) Casey and Metelhead sit on my speakers, LOL. (And Nick Splinter is in front of my monitor training the Nick turtle-kids.)

Old 01-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #1433
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant

*L* Neither laptop nor notebook provide ample display space, so there is that for the dektop. (Mine's covered in ponies. *L*) And I seem to have dropped some activities (like Facebooking and checking the news) that were pretty habitual on the desktop since I shifted over to using the laptop. Not always a good thing, but it has allowed me to focus on my writing more. (or, it lets me goof around writing posts on forums... )

Also, it just sucks that people are so opportunistic as to prey on one another like that. But that's neithe here nor there.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #1434
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

LOL, maybe when I find a laptop or netbook that's got a TG memory to store all my pics (mostly TMNT), music, videos, D&D PDF's, play Skyrim without a lag, AND write and net-surf, I'll go to that. Til' then, I like my desktop!

Old 01-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #1435
Prowler
Emperor

Hi, everyone. As a few of you might remember, I began writing a fanfic back in August. But haven't updated it since September. Well, today I've updated it for the first time in almost 4 months. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1061301...imension-X-War
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #1436
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Read and reviewed. Great work. Raph using the word "retarded" would have caught me off guard just a little, but then back in the 80s a lot of kids shows said that (I remember one episode of Terrahawks using the word)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:00 AM   #1437
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I have decided after much thought to just bin "Cheap Seats With The Clearest View" and rebuild it from scratch. It was becoming far too convoluted and hard to keep track of. I aim for the revision to be kept much simpler.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #1438
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, sometimes you have to do that, Zar. Best of luck on it. Read your stuff, Duckie and Machi. Congrats on getting your fic done, Machi. That has to be one heck of an accomplishment.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #1439
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Read and reviewed. Great work. Raph using the word "retarded" would have caught me off guard just a little, but then back in the 80s a lot of kids shows said that (I remember one episode of Terrahawks using the word)
I didn't mean to offend people who suffered from mental retardation. Honestly, I didn't even give much of a thought to it. I just wrote the first insult that popped in my head.

Thanks for you review, btw.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #1440
ZariusTwo
Overlord

No problem, and I wasn't offended at all, just a little "woah"