The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-30-2020, 01:00 AM   #1241
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Work on season seven has halted due to a crew member testing positive for COVID.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/the-fla...wn-1234622929/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:04 PM   #1243
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Chillblaine is coming to the show in season 7 being played by Jon Cor

https://tvline.com/2021/01/13/the-fl...t-chillblaine/

Quote:
The official character description tells us, “Scientist Mark Stevens is a charismatic bad boy obsessed with cryogenic technology. But when he’s not breaking into corporate safes, he’s busy breaking hearts with his irresistible charm and roguish style. Armed with his own cold weapons, he’ll become a new thorn in the side of Team Flash as the DC Comics villain Chillblaine.”
Old 01-13-2021, 07:45 PM   #1244
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Are they going to bother to wrap up the (super dumb, weak) villain of last season? Because they didn't.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:56 PM   #1245
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Are they going to bother to wrap up the (super dumb, weak) villain of last season? Because they didn't.
The woman mirror master? If so, then yes. They did say she would be defeated which will unleash an even greater evil.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:09 PM   #1246
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Mirror Chick ya that's gonna be the first 2-3 episodes of S7. God Season 6 sucked and she was the worst villain in the show's history. Knowing Eric Wallace he will make Iris beat Mirror chick

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 01-13-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:04 PM   #1247
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 02-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #1248
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Flash is getting an 8th season

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/wal...ow-1234899745/
Old 03-04-2021, 04:19 AM   #1249
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw the first new episode. Awful. It's not even doing SJW stuff... it's just piss-poorly written. The big "goodbye to Welles" episode and they screw it up.

I'd already completely forgotten who the new assistant was (the guy, not the girl) and what his story was. I still don't remember.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #1250
cammy85
Stone Warrior

I forgot about him too, and that's after rewatching the most recent episodes leading into Tuesday's episode. He wasn't in any of those. It was probably hastily written before the shutdown and never improved upon.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:05 PM   #1251
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Iris had the speedforce inside her the whole time and that's how Barry got his speed back that was so ****ing lame I should have seen it coming.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #1252
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Saw the first new episode. Awful. It's not even doing SJW stuff... it's just piss-poorly written. The big "goodbye to Welles" episode and they screw it up.

I'd already completely forgotten who the new assistant was (the guy, not the girl) and what his story was. I still don't remember.
That new dude is Chunk. From the early Wally series in the 80s except not hugely fat and making blackholes with his body (using his mouth, if I recall). They made him skinny...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #1253
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Iris had the speedforce inside her the whole time and that's how Barry got his speed back that was so ****ing lame I should have seen it coming.
The whole last 3 episodes were terrible. And the replacement Ralph was crap. Lol.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:02 PM   #1254
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
The whole last 3 episodes were terrible. And the replacement Ralph was crap. Lol.
they really were the whole S6 Mirror storyline was ****. S7 Officially Starts next episode I think. The first 3 were the last of S6 I think
Old 03-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #1255
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just saw this latest one. This mirror lady was by far the worst, weakest villain ever seen before on this show. Counting these last 3 episodes as the last season, collectively this is also by far the worst and weakest season yet. There is no compelling reason to "feel" for this fake mirror lady's plight at all, and she never, ever felt threatening even when they told us she was somehow faster than the Flash.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #1256
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'know I've still only ever seen Season One? I really liked it. Why does it seem like they immediately ran out of gas afterwards, or at least shortly after? What a shame.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #1257
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Y'know I've still only ever seen Season One? I really liked it. Why does it seem like they immediately ran out of gas afterwards, or at least shortly after? What a shame.
Season 1 was awesome. They had so many super intriguing elements at play there, back then. The fake Welles (Thawn), who we as the audience know is a bad guy waiting to strike but Barry doesn't... the longing for the unattainable Iris... the ongoing mystery of his dad's framing.

These were GOOD driving factors. And they weren't wrong for resolving them. They just didn't replace them with anything remotely as interesting in newer seasons. And like all CW shows, their solution is always "let's just bring in new supporting cast to join the team and focus on them!"

Though I did dig everything through the end of the Thinker season. Except that one painful episode.

If I can say one good thing about these first 3 episodes of Flash (or last 3 of the last season, really, because because what they are) is that they're devoid of SJW stuff. I don't see any of that going on, in this show or Superman & Lois. Kind of neat. No politics or "bold statements" or anything. But sadly... this only proves what we knew all along. These writers (and I don't include the Superman & Lois ones in this... yet), without that SJW "important" crutch? They literally have nothing to say.

I kind of feel like maybe some of these latter episodes were packed with that in "the room"... and then were stripped of it? So now we see what SJW writers stories look like with their agenda-based stuff thrown by the wayside. We just get good, old-fashioned stories by themselves. And guess what? They don't know how to tell them.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-18-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #1258
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Allllso. This latest episode. The "exit" for Dibney (as in, that actor) because he said mean things on Twitter eons before he was part of the show... and how they handled that. Disgusting. This isn't a thing that should be remotely celebrated, especially as something they "had" to do. I'm imagining the cast and crew working with that dude for the past couple of seasons and now they are acting against some random guy in makeup or CGI (and even written to throw mean spirited jokes at this fake effigy of the guy) because political climate, and they're just rocking with it because the show must go on. This is criminal.

Just vile.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-18-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #1259
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Season 1 was awesome. They had so many super intriguing elements at play there, back then. The fake Welles (Thawn), who we as the audience know is a bad guy waiting to strike but Barry doesn't... the longing for the unattainable Iris... the ongoing mystery of his dad's framing.

These were GOOD driving factors. And they weren't wrong for resolving them. They just didn't replace them with anything remotely as interesting in newer seasons. And like all CW shows, their solution is always "let's just bring in new supporting cast to join the team and focus on them!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Season 1 was indeed great, except for Iris often being a completely unsympathetic unreasonable character. Like how she treated Eddie at the end, that's always stuck in my craw.

It just went off the rails with Season 2... the whole logic of "I'mma give this speedster mass murderer my speed to hopefully protect one single person!" was the dumbest thing ever.

I WILL say, though, that even though I stopped watching at the end of Season 3, I've been seeing a WHOLE LOT MORE of Nora West-Allen in Black Sails than I was expecting.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:57 AM   #1260
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Allllso. This latest episode. The "exit" for Dibney (as in, that actor) because he said mean things on Twitter eons before he was part of the show... and how they handled that. Disgusting. This isn't a thing that should be remotely celebrated, especially as something they "had" to do. I'm imagining the cast and crew working with that dude for the past couple of seasons and now they are acting against some random guy in makeup or CGI (and even written to throw mean spirited jokes at this fake effigy of the guy) because political climate, and they're just rocking with it because the show must go on. This is criminal.

Just vile.

It's all crap.

Ok, he said some bad things years ago.....I never heard anyone on the show talk negatively or that he was trouble to work it. And what do I know about making TV shows but they could've had him issue a apology and still be on the show. I doubt even the hardcore woke supporters would boycott this show just because he would stil be there.

Ok, I'm not sure but still....dont think he shouldve been cut loose because of those comments.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flash, run barry run!