The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #2601
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
When people go to the movies, it's always about the spectacle, no one wants to go to a movie that's slow paced, and filled with lots of dialogue. moviegoers will find it boring.

Movies of this type needs to up the action and the stakes for 2 hours, It needs a good pace with some dialogue scenes, action scenes, and a big climatic battle at the end.

For moviegoers, They wanna see an action movie, They wanna see turtles kicking ass and taking names.

If you want stuff that is more dialogue driven, read the comics, or watch the nick series. there are plenty of issues and episodes from the series that isn't all action.

How many coloring books do you own? How many do you buy in a week? Honest answers, please, I'll know if you're lying.

You are SO the audience the people making these sh*t movies are aiming for. Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
There are many genres of film, ya know... many of which are not about "spectacle" and are perfectly good, sometimes great. The Turtles are not simply spectacle (and by today's film definition I question if they ever were), they always had plenty of depth and meaning; how they thrived in their lives is a part of who they are, not just how hard they hit someone and what blew up in the process.

So at some point if they just stop giving the movie Turtle's lines, that's ok? They can just grunt and hit stuff because that is all fans want?
Talkin' to a wall. Because yeah, apparently that IS what SOME fans want. And that's just... I can't even begin with that. "Just blow some stuff up, I'm happy." That's awful. if that's all you want to be "entertained", go light some firecrackers in your goddamn yard. Don't let Hollywood keep tanking billion-dollar movie franchises, and stealing the money of hard-working people with standards, just because you're obsessed with "OOOH, shiny explodey things!"

The whole world shouldn't have to suffer because a few people are easily amused. F*ck that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 07-27-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #2602
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...67/709/08f.png

How many coloring books do you own? How many do you buy in a week? Honest answers, please, I'll know if you're lying.

You are SO the audience the people making these sh*t movies are aiming for. Christ.
I read the TMNT comics, I have the archies series comics, but movies are a completely different medium, you can't cram everything from the comics in a 2 hour movie.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:47 PM   #2603
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

And Page 130 was doing so well...

TigerClaw... you seem like a nice enough guy and all, but that is some stunningly simplistic thinking. "Moviegoers" aren't one singular entity that happens to share your exact tastes and preferences. They don't all want the same thing and they aren't all so easily impressed. Even in audiences who primarily crave spectacle, plenty of viewers actually want to see something clever and original in the mix, a plot that makes sense, some depth and meaning, and fully-developed characters they'll care about. Seriously. Ask around.

And hell... even if a large number of people are just happy clapping like circus seals every time something goes boom... why should our entire culture lower the bar to meet their level? Things are supposed to get better over time - smarter, more interesting, more thoughtful. That's the whole point of being a living human being. And entertainment is totally a part of that too.

Not everyone has decided to chug an entire punch bowl of the "JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF" Kool-Aid. If you have... well, okay, that's your prerogative. But don't assume you speak for everyone. Lots of people have much higher expectations for their entertainment than you do. (Something I am very thankful for.)

Last edited by Bry; 07-27-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #2604
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I read the TMNT comics, I have the archies series comics, but movies are a completely different medium, you can't cram everything from the comics in a 2 hour movie.
No kidding, but you can take the important stuff and still make a good movie out of it, and NOT have it be completely stupid.

Superman (1976)
Batman (1989)
Batman Begins/Dark Knight
Spider-Man 1 & 2
The Punisher (2004)
And, of course...
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

All of them distilled the essence of the source material down to the confines of a 2-hour-ish movie, despite deviating from the source material in a ton of ways as well (Superman and Batman, in particular, were WAY off from the source, but still entertaining), but the key is they weren't completely f***ing stupid and aimed at the lowest common denominator, and were a huge hit with fans AND critics, and oh, by the way, also made a lot of money, because while Spectacle Sells, so does QUALITY.

The people making the new movies are aiming for an audience that doesn't CARE about Quality, they just want someone to shove fake CGI explosions in their face and scream at them for 2 hours whole Megan Fox straddles something suggestively. By being Okay with that, and not demanding they actually Give A Sh*t, you're part of the problem whether you like it or not. Turtles fans don't GET to have their "Superman" or "Batman" magnun opus "Definitive" movie, because too many people are openly braying how "As long as it says 'TMNT', I'll like it even if it sucks!" And that's unfair.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #2605
Commenter 42
Banned

Holy ****! I figured it out!

Tigerclaw is Cybercubed!

The end.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #2606
Leo656
The Franchise

I won't have you insult the good name of CyberCubed like that in my presence, buddy.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #2607
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
I won't have you insult the good name of CyberCubed like that in my presence, buddy.
Ouch...

Yo T.Claw, you done riled 'em up purrdy good.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #2608
Leo656
The Franchise

You don't even know, man. CyberCubed is some kind of idiot savant.

...He is at least ONE of those things.

TC just likes treacle and insists anyone who doesn't has an attitude disorder. I have a real problem with that. If you're easily amused, Fine; don't insist that be The Standard that everyone needs to comply with. People are supposed to bring themselves Up, not Down.

Probably a swell fella. The attitude however is infuriating.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #2609
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
When people go to the movies, it's always about the spectacle, no one wants to go to a movie that's slow paced, and filled with lots of dialogue. moviegoers will find it boring.
Yes yes, that's why dramatic movies with no explosions or car chases have never been box office successes or won awards.

You know, except when they have.

Quote:
Movies of this type needs to up the action and the stakes for 2 hours, It needs a good pace with some dialogue scenes, action scenes, and a big climatic battle at the end.

For moviegoers, They wanna see an action movie, They wanna see turtles kicking ass and taking names.
And the 1990 movie managed to have dialogue, action, a climactic battle scene and managed to portray a believable simulation of humanoid emotions. Incredibly, no ass shots were required to make this one of the most successful independent movies of all time.

Quote:
If you want stuff that is more dialogue driven, read the comics, or watch the nick series. there are plenty of issues and episodes from the series that isn't all action.
... you just don't get it, do you? Movies to you are like, either talking or explosions with no middle ground - the actual interplay of character development, growth, emotional reactions and relationships are completely lost on you, aren't they? I bet you're one of those people who refuses to watch foreign films because reading the subtitles is too much effort.

Good grief. I just... I need to go lay down with a cold compress for a while; you're making my head hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I want to hug you so much. How much is a round-trip ticket from Texas to Australia? I have to hug you.
Quote:
I know, right? I had the biggest f***ing boner the whole time I was reading that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I am so f*cking turned on right now.

Damn. That made my year. You dun brung it girl.

My milkshake brings all the boys and girls to the yard, yo.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 07-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #2610
Leo656
The Franchise

You and your f*cking Punky The Skunk haircut.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:28 AM   #2611
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
And Page 130 was doing so well...

http://media.giphy.com/media/zUnXHjFAoF6CY/giphy.gif

TigerClaw... you seem like a nice enough guy and all, but that is some stunningly simplistic thinking. "Moviegoers" aren't one singular entity that happens to share your exact tastes and preferences. They don't all want the same thing and they aren't all so easily impressed. Even in audiences who primarily crave spectacle, plenty of viewers actually want to see something clever and original in the mix, a plot that makes sense, some depth and meaning, and fully-developed characters they'll care about. Seriously. Ask around.

And hell... even if a large number of people are just happy clapping like circus seals every time something goes boom... why should our entire culture lower the bar to meet their level? Things are supposed to get better over time - smarter, more interesting, more thoughtful. That's the whole point of being a living human being. And entertainment is totally a part of that too.

Not everyone has decided to chug an entire punch bowl of the "JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF" Kool-Aid. If you have... well, okay, that's your prerogative. But don't assume you speak for everyone. Lots of people have much higher expectations for their entertainment than you do. (Something I am very thankful for.)
tigerclaw, I like you from reading your posts, but I have to agree with bry here!and leo....fine if this is working for you, but the property SHOULD get to someone who understood it and would care to make a film with a heart and a brain and tell a story about something actually instead of riding a huge 'hey check out this incredibly amazing wave of fan service references and screwed up turtle related balony and yearning to be spectacle kind of a thing' that this platnum dunes movie has turned out to be...
Old 07-28-2015, 05:36 AM   #2612
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Here is a great movie made with heart : Guardians of The Galaxy
This movie never forget his characters and give them real personalities and emotions trough action and drama sequences. I never thought I would love a tree so much in my life.

Here is a bad movie ONLY made for money and nothing else : TMNT 2014
The turtles aren't real characters and are just "action makers", they have less developpment as possible and aren't the main characters of their own movie. The writing is totally dumb and the acting and dialogues are really bad. This movie treats his public like **** and thinks that his is retarded. So yeah I like the turtles design, but I will never forgive this avalanche of sh!t.

Last edited by letscook89; 07-28-2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:58 AM   #2613
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Wow..TC is a terrible movie producer's wet dream. Him saying these things doesn't surprise me at all based on his taste in movies. Different strokes I guess.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #2614
Commenter 42
Banned

Here's the upside though. You betcha bottom dollar tomorrow! silverliningsplaybook&potofgold&sunshinelollipops& goodness ... Whoopsie daisey!

The mods left us alone, long enough, that we've reached a resolution. The 18 month war, is over. We have reached equilibrium.

We now KNOW what we did not. Two of the tribal leaders of camp Bay have flat out admitted to their crimes against cinema. There may be others, but the wall is coming down. Hope shines bright like a diamond...shines bright like a diamond....like a diamond...

Peace may yet prevail once more in the movie section, of this, the forums of the technodrome...DOT....com....

In honor of our fallen Bayisites...puddinpop, and others....

We salute you.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 07-28-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #2615
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Spoiler:
Here's the upside though. You betcha bottom dollar tomorrow! silverliningsplaybook&potofgold&sunshinelollipops& goodness ... Whoopsie daisey!
http://randyworking.tripod.com/pictures/rs40030e.gif

The mods left us alone, long enough, that we've reached a resolution. The 18 month war, is over. We have reached equilibrium.
http://www.gifwave.com/media/65778_m...brium_200s.gif

We now KNOW what we did not. Two of the tribal leaders of camp Bay have flat out admitted to their crimes against cinema. There may be others, but the wall is coming down. Hope shines bright like a diamond...shines bright like a diamond....like a diamond...
https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

Peace may yet prevail once more in the movie section, of this, the forums of the technodrome...DOT....com....

http://media.giphy.com/media/txkXaccHw9D8s/giphy.gif

In honor of our fallen Bayisites...puddinpop, and others....

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BWkqBRuwjeY/hqdefault.jpg

We salute you.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/bHfHm8pkMD99C/200_s.gif
We can never have peace until we root out the rogue nation that is the troll that is Shark_Blade. Until then, this part of the forums will remain the TMNT fans' answer to the Israel/Palestine situation.

TO ARMS! TO ARMS!!!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #2616
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This was from a month ago, Alan Ritchson having fun with a fan on the set, He's wearing the mocap suit.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #2617
letscook89
Foot Soldier

These guys (the turtles actors) are so awesome . Love their work on the 4 brothers despite the amount of sh!t behind them.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #2618
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not a clue what they're saying or why they're doing that.

Agree, those four are definitely the highlight of this train wreck. Hope there's a little less wreckage this time.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #2619
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not a clue what they're saying or why they're doing that.

Agree, those four are definitely the highlight of this train wreck. Hope there's a little less wreckage this time.
Alan Ritchson does a series of youtube videos called Enormous Friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSg...bbR9pT3TKP_1Iw
Old 07-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #2620
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah. What a character. lol

I do love how it seems to have turned out that Raph and Mikey's actors are a bit more out there, while Leo and Donnie's are the two we haven't heard much from and not directly from them, the two playing the two more reserved Turtles of the group... lol

I don't know who did the casting, but that person/people also did great at their job. A world full of actors and you need to find not one, but four young-ish guys that not only suit the characters in the physical acting, but also sound good for them and have good chemistry as a group. That's not just a needle in a haystack... that's four needles in a haystack the size of the planet. (Now if they will trust that person's casting decisions and keep Pete's vocal acting in.)
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2