The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #101
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Krow said it all realy.

So, last night I got drunk for the first time. Wow that was fun... kinda. Lol. I'm not too sure I like the numb feeling, but just blurting out whatever comes to mind is great .
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #102
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Huzzah, being drunk is fun, when you can handle it. It sometimes requires high self-control or you'll drink yourself to unconsciousness. I did that once... or twice.

And don't drink and drive or I'll personally come over and kick your drink'n'drive-ass!
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #103
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

I managed to consume the better part of a bottle of Ramazzotti (Italian herbal tonic liquor) and finally found out what sort of drunk I am on the night before last. Some people are loud drunks, flirty drunks, violent drunks... I cry about puppies when I'm drunk.

It was adorable, pitiful and hilarious at the same time. I seriously need to get a dog.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #104
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Awww, you shouldn't show me a puppy when I'm drunk either. I get all melancholic and "Oh my god, is that thing cute... and look at its paws".

But usually I'm like "Did I ever tell you that you're an idio?" - "No" - "Oh, well then, you're an idiot" an then I fall down the stairs, hit my head on the cigarette vending machine and get up and, oh wonder, I'm not hurt. "HAHAHA! That's hilarious, I almost killed myself. WAHAHA! Great fun!"
Old 01-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #105
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

But yeah, Crown and cola? Good stuff. 2 glasses and I was gone. lol.

I was a goofy drunk. I kept trying to do those stupid police tests in my bosses kitchen. . Then, when I got outside, I kept spinning around and around.

When I got home I put on some Nirvana, and wow. Music is really... weird... when you're drunk. It all blended together.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #106
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

After that reply in the gaming section, I kinda figured you had to be hammered. Congrats dude
Old 01-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #107
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

*sits down with a mudslide (without microwaving the booze out like the guilt-ridden idiot I am... )*

You know when you have those day's where you just ask yourself, "Why do I bother dealing with all of this?" Well, I've been having it for the past couple weeks. But its nothing at home....

I"m just... I dunno. Online life is just making me depressed. Worrying about who's talking to who, who's friends and who's not. Trying to do stuff without offending someone... I'm so tired of it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE talking to people on here. Its (usually) my escape from the real world, where I can just relax and talk to people. But things have been hanging over me a bunch as of late..

I've seriously considered removing EVERYthing of mine online. My art, stories, Everything. I've had times where I've considered leaving all the forums I visit (that week was hell).

I dunno... I guess Its just hard seeing my havens becoming the thing I've been trying to escape. The social dramas and soap operas up here make me want to move away from society and be a hermit. But then I came online, and it was great!

I remember someone once saying, "You cant be nice-nice ALL the time". I guess they were right. I mean, I try not to get upset at stuff-- I just shrug it off. But there's times... and I can't realy talk to anyone about it. I"m the one for people to lean on, not the other way around. I mean, even writing THIS was hard. I'm just not one to ask for help; I give it. I've helped lots of people out, both on here and elsewhere. But when its me that needs help... I've always been on my own, emotionally. I"m not into pity-party BS, so don't think this Is one. I just wish that things could be like they used to be... it was so much easier then...

*sighs, sinking into the couch with her drink*

I actually feel better, now that I've gotten this off my chest. I just hope people aren't thinking I'm selfish or some **** now...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #108
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Machi, you know, there is a lot of tension aroung when people come close. I have had a coworker (cute little thing) who always wanted to get away from the place she works and lives (some twon with about 3000 inhabitants). I think she still wants to go somewhere where nobody knows her. She is depressive. I tried to keep her from that.

So, from that I say:

And here, on the Drome, I have never seen such a tight community. And wherever people are close, there is this sort of emotional thing involved. There will be tension. I sometimes get annoyed by all of this too, but then I just can't get away from here.

And you're not selfish or anything, that's normal. I know this feeling. And I'm giving you the same advice I gave my former coworker:

Do what you want to do. Don't let yourself be sort of prisoned by things you "must" do. There's only one thing you must do and that is dying. You only live once and then it's over. Enjoy it while you can.

EDIT: And you know how to reach me, I'll be there... if you want to talk about it, that is.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:17 PM   #109
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

*hugs Machi*

Aww, Machi. Believe me when I tell you that I know just how you feel. Even the strongest... the toughest among us have those days, those weeks, those months. And, it took me a long time to realize that it's NOT selfish to feel that way and talk about it. It's not. You're not selfish for doing so. Good for you, actually,for being strong enough to.

As for the online bit? Yeah, I get you there, too. You know that I was having those exact thoughts a month or so ago, on the GD forums. It's NOT the same. I, too, tire of some of the things you mention. I recognize those words you used. I made a post like it awhile back (for which I was quite commented about, if I remember correctly. ) But anyway... you're right. I said, if it came to either this or real life, well... I have more than enough stress in real life to deal with, as you well know.

Anyway, Machi, know that I understand. And that I'm here for you. It was tough for a stubborn girl like me to be able to finally talk about things... (and now you cant shut me up!!) 'cause I know it helps. Talk to me, babe. I'm here for ya.

I'd join ya for a drink, but I'm trying to lay off the alcohol for a month or so... So I'll take the virgin strawberry daquiri...

*sits down next to Machi*

Feel better. *clinks glass* Cheers. *hugs*
Old 01-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #110
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

*hugs Anarky and Jo*

Thanks guys... I"m gonna try to remember what you said. Forget all the crap and move on. Treat everyday like the first, I guess....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #111
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
I've seriously considered removing EVERYthing of mine online. My art, stories, Everything. I've had times where I've considered leaving all the forums I visit (that week was hell)
The problem I've often had with those feelings, and this is true, is patience. I'm impatient when it comes to expecting feedback on things I've worked on, whether it be art, fics, or a topic I stressed over creating to perfection. When I get nothing in return, I want to stop everything and remove it all, and then I want to quit going to message boards because I feel as if no one gives a damn about what I say or do. I've had those moments, I really have. And then I say, "Whatever" and then I'm back to my usual self! Or unusual self, whichever people look at me as.

I just recently signed up to two new groups non-TMNT related, SDParanormal at Yahoo! Groups and The Whaley House Message Board. After my trip to Old Town on January 29 and going on the Ghosts and Gravestones Tour for the first time, it made my interest in the paranormal world much stronger than ever! Not kidding! I've had an interest as far back as a child, but after that night, I've been trying to contact others and get to know more people involved with that sort of thing. Now, here's the downer. At the two places I've said "Hi, I'm new!" no one greeted me. I've gone back many times to see and I've so far been treated like...excuse the pun...a ghost! That's very upsetting when I hold such a high regard to that subject, and it makes me wonder if I even belong to groups like that. But, again, I'm not being patient with them and I should wait to see if they'll respond. I think what gets to me, though, is that people have come on, and POSTED, and totally ignore my post!

It's also going on right now at Mikey's Forum. I created a topic about The Ghosts and Gravestones Tour and got about 9 Views, 0 Replies! Should be patient, should be very patient! But, hey, when your patience wears thin, then what?

Okay, I've said too much now. Pass me a beer, will ya? Oops, can't have alcohol yet...make it a Dr. Pepper! I'll drive.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #112
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Okay, so I've come to two conclusions: I've either just developed a super power that I've not yet been able to harness, or the Gods of static electricity are trying to smite me once and for all.

Every time I touch a door, brush up against a wall, kiss my husband on the lips, do anything that involves contact with another object, MOTHERF*CKING-KA-ZAP! Because its winter and the air's so dry, I know there's an inherent risk of shocking myself and I've taken measures against it, like getting a humidifier and wearing leather-soled shoes. But I'm still shocking myself roughly 50-100 times a day. So much so that my husband has stopped asking "What?" when he hears a hissed "SON OF A BITCH!" echo out from the kitchen.

Is anyone else suffering from this grave affliction?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:11 AM   #113
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I had that "shock disease" for a while. Last winter, around February/March. But only in the office, whenever touched something, then I got electrified.

I still don't know why though.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #114
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

I notice when it's really dry outside, it'll cause a lot of friction to everything you touch. For example, Mom pulled up to a 7-11 on Saturday to buy a lottery ticket and as she closed the door, she got zapped. I used to do it deliberately in school by shuffling my feet around the carpet and then touching the metal rim of the blackboard. Yes! I'm weird!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #115
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I get the same feeling when I lick batteries. Yeah, it's a bad habit of mine that I need to stop immediately, but at least I don't chew my nails.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:19 AM   #116
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

KROW...why do you lick batteries? Do they taste good? Is it the metalic flavoriing you like?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #117
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Well, I took this test at a website named Liquid Generation and I found out why. It appears I do have an affinity for metallic taste.

Go figure, eh?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #118
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

damnhooligan... I'm with ya. I'm always getting shocked by something, heh. Even multiple times. The other day, at work, I had to put somebags under the counter, and, added with my already static-ness... I hit the electric thingymabob underneath it, and got shocked so bad, the computer that's attached to it beeped, like I'd rebooted it.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #119
Ryona

I was wondering...

Has anyone ever said something that was rude and thoughtless to your best friend that caused the friendship to die?...
Old 02-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #120
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I sort of don't get along with his girlfriend at all. That enough? And when he asked me what I honestly think of her I was honest...

The friendship isn't dead, it's starting to die. I sort of stopped caring for him, I don't want to see him anymore, I don't miss him when I go out... he's just becoming one of those "guys I used to know".

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip