The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #121
Filespit
Hench Mutant

I don't understand all the rants around here, we've been asking for a gritty TMNT game and when it finally comes people complain about it. Sure, I agree that the turtles could've been made a lot better, they do look a bit alien-like to be honest, but I will definitely buy this game. To say you're not buying it because you don't like the design of the turtles is just stupid. It's a game, judge it on it's gameplay and game design, not it's looks. It's still early days after all.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #122
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

how does they look "alien"? Alien as in extraterrestrials or as in strange creatures?

From the trailer, their feet, mainly the toes looks a bit undefined. And the shells looks a bit off.

I do enjoy the paint markings they have in their skin and the skin texture in general looks nice in close-ups.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #123
Testudo
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
- 2007 TMNT sucked and was single player (why?)
While it lacked co-op, it still was a very solid and good game. "Sucked" is hardly the term I would use to describe it.
Testudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #124
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
how does they look "alien"? Alien as in extraterrestrials or as in strange creatures?

From the trailer, their feet, mainly the toes looks a bit undefined. And the shells looks a bit off.

I do enjoy the paint markings they have in their skin and the skin texture in general looks nice in close-ups.
Both, I think, haha. I was referring to their faces, or eyes to be more specific. Look at Don for example, it's very far between his eyes, they're quite big, clear and open, if you get what I mean. It gives me an "alien" impression, both as extraterrestrials and strange creatures. There's not necessarily anything bad about it though.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #125
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testudo View Post
While it lacked co-op, it still was a very solid and good game. "Sucked" is hardly the term I would use to describe it.
Agree. I quite liked the game a lot.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #126
D-Nizzy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
I don't understand all the rants around here, we've been asking for a gritty TMNT game and when it finally comes people complain about it. Sure, I agree that the turtles could've been made a lot better, they do look a bit alien-like to be honest, but I will definitely buy this game. To say you're not buying it because you don't like the design of the turtles is just stupid. It's a game, judge it on it's gameplay and game design, not it's looks. It's still early days after all.
I'm going to give the game a chance even though the character design work will probably give me nightmares. I guess I like my mutant turtles a little more abstracted from reality. If the gameplay is as good as Arkham, the design won't break the deal for me.
D-Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #127
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I think hopes might be a little high for some. Arkham keeps coming up. It appears to be download only, so I expect a maximum price of $20. This is probably a straight-forward beat-em-up that cost not a lot of money to make, and that'll probably take an hour to beat.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #128
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testudo View Post
Perhaps I was a bit harsh, I did enjoy some aspects of it. However, I don't understand why people are b*tching about this current release, it's going to be awesome. People really will complain about evvvverything.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #129
Galactus
Foot Elite

I like the overall look apart from the nostrils on the turtles but I'm not going to moan about such a small detail.

No doubt we'll get something more directly to do with the Nick show but this gives me faith we could potentialy get a console game that isn't a just a cartoon tie in.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #130
gunstarheroblue
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nizzy View Post
I'm going to give the game a chance even though the character design work will probably give me nightmares. I guess I like my mutant turtles a little more abstracted from reality. If the gameplay is as good as Arkham, the design won't break the deal for me.
Would be pretty sweet to see Nick back a new turtle game, taking on the open world Sandbox style (keeping the shows wit and action ) each turtle have their own extensive skill set of moves and alternate weapons Ala : Ninja Gaiden / or Ninja theory's take on the DMC series...oh well..far easier typed and said than done.

with this being a downloadable title, I dont expect much in terms of in depth Gameplay .......Summer 2013 release date? graphics change? not going to happen, as aforementioned , I too fear it wont be much more than a beat em up that one can complete with nothing more than a couple hours of playtime- tacked on with some DLC a month later upon release.
Never said i wouldnt play it, Hey if the price is right and the "gameplay" is half decent(meaning it isnt broken and poorly made) im going to give it a whirl .

Last edited by gunstarheroblue; 03-05-2013 at 02:12 PM.
gunstarheroblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #131
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

I will preorder it as sonn as it becomes avaliable on Steam for preorder. It will be the first game that i will preoder on steam!! Cant wait for it!!! Now how much better do you think the graphics of the game will look on my pc compared to what we saw on this traile?? I have core i5 2500k 3,3 ghz 12 gb ddr 3 1600mhz msi gtx 560 ti twin fronz ii oc 2 gb. It will look much better than what we see in this trailer right?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #132
Allio
Foot Elite

I don't know why, I like the designs... they are a nice turtle/human hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will be developed by Red Fly Studio, the team behind Thor: God of Thunder and the Wii ports of Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.
so... a bad movie tie in game, a port (I don't count these) and from what I hear from Star Wars fans, a good game

so...this could go either way
Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #133
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post

so... a bad movie tie in game, a port (I don't count these) and from what I hear from Star Wars fans, a good game

Force Unleashed 2 is AWFUL. Are you joking?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #134
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I read Mushroom Men was okay.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #135
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Maybe we get alternate skins to unlock where they look like the nick toon
maybe they will do skins for Mirage, 87, 03, and idw as well... then friends can mix and match their own personal team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
that's just what I hear

this could be like those Transformers games, where the fans enjoy it, but everyone else doesn't
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #136
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post

Ghostbusters and Force Unleashed/2 are not "ports." They're separate games. The real developer makes the 360 and PS3 versions, and they pay some second-rate developer to make a Wii version, because the hardware is to weak for an actual port. That way, they get to sell a hackneyed version the game on Wii, without devoting any actual manpower or time to it.

And those second-rate devs are the ones making this game.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #137
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

christ! the bitching about this is hilarious!

i think the design is dope and seems to me to be along the lines of what everyone has wanted from tmnt, in tone at least, yet theres still whining.

i dont understand why some of yall are saying you're not going to support it just because its not exactly like the nick show. wouldn't more options regarding the turtles be better for fans? i mean, there are already a bunch of games featuring the look of the nick show exactly over at the nick website. maybe they're not the most immersive or complex games, but i doubt this one will be either. its a downloadable game, $20 bucks max.

instead of crying, be happy were getting this, in addition to whatever actual console releases come out later.

and some might think, "well, quantity does not equal quality." which may be true, but this was just announced yesterday.

keep your pants on, kids.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #138
Metallicabmc
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
It wasnt awful, it was just wayyy too short for a full priced game and the story sucked. The actual game part of it was pretty solid.
Metallicabmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #139
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Sounds like I'll be signing up for Steam this year because I sure don't have the bucks for a 360 or PS3.

Okay the designs will take time to get used to but how often will you even be looking at the turtles fronts? I'm more concerned for whether or not the game will be fun to play. It has 4 player co-op so that's a good start. It seems like they might be taking more pages from the comics than the new cartoon. Until I see The Kraang show up or a teenage April, that is what I'm expecting based on the trailer. Seems more like a farely down-to-earth approach to a TMNT street and sewer brawler.

The Pegi 16 doesn't make me assume the US version will be M but rather T because the Pegi 16 probably has something to do with the use of gang weapons in a somewhat realistic setting but I could be wrong. If we actually got an M rated TMNT, that'd be something else.

I don't want the current VAs on this one. I could see them do a fine job with it but I feel like they should use different VAs to detach it a bit more from the cartoon.

This looks to be Activision's answer to people wanting a gritty TMNT brawler and I appreciate the effort regardless but it could go so horribly wrong. I'm going to remain optimistic.

I figured the first TMNT game would be a downloadable one in this age because the very idea of paying full retail for a game that takes less than an hour to beat is pretty appalling to most gamers. They'd rather such a short game be much cheaper.

It is also a good thing that their brawler game is retail length because lets face it, very few brawlers are actually that enjoyable after about a half hour to an hour of mundane fighting. The 2007 TMNT was incredibly dull to play on consoles for that reason (as well as no co-op). The non-fighting parts of that game were occasionally fun but it all got so samey by the end.

They absolutely should make a game that looks exactly like the new cartoon and retells the story and possibly expands on it with lots of extra features that's good for families to play together. But this isn't that game and shouldn't have been that game because they haven't even had the license for that long. I hope they do have THAT game planned for this Holiday season and they'll show it at E3 but this more mature TMNT game is something we haven't had before. I just hope it is enjoyable to play.

I look forward to seeing how much this is like the Nick show or the comics.

Also, look no third toe in this.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #140
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicabmc View Post
It wasnt awful, it was just wayyy too short for a full priced game and the story sucked. The actual game part of it was pretty solid.
both the ghostbusters and force unleashed 2 were kinda weird on the wii. basically very different games than the ps3 or 360 versions due to what the wii hardware could do and the controls. (and i heard they were both bad.)

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video games