The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #1741
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

got my first mega blocks set today. Got the Party Wagon. First off I will say I wish Mega Blocks would number the bags and show in the instructions like Lego does which bags you need. Also the instructions aren't as good as Lego in my opinion. The figure are awesome though. Kinda wish Donnie came with the wagon instead of April.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #1742
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
got my first mega blocks set today. Got the Party Wagon. First off I will say I wish Mega Blocks would number the bags and show in the instructions like Lego does which bags you need. Also the instructions aren't as good as Lego in my opinion.
I had a fair amount of difficulty finding the right pieces in the various bags too, as they don't seem to follow much logic in arrangement. I bring some cheap sandwich ziploc bags with me and try to sort the commonly shaped pieces into the new bags to make my building more efficient.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #1743
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

man the party wagon is not fun to put together. everything falls apart when you build it. I am returning it to amazon its not a fun build

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-02-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #1744
Okagenologan
Mouser

From what I understand, Mega Bloks cannot number or otherwise label their bags because Lego has a patent on that particular innovation. And like Mickey Mouse for Disney, or Bugs Bunny with Warner Bros., Lego is never letting go of that patent.
Okagenologan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:18 AM   #1745
Krang316
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okagenologan View Post
From what I understand, Mega Bloks cannot number or otherwise label their bags because Lego has a patent on that particular innovation. And like Mickey Mouse for Disney, or Bugs Bunny with Warner Bros., Lego is never letting go of that patent.
I'm a huge collector of Lego and have never heard this rumor before, even if it's true Mega Bloks could color code there bags or do something to make it easier. To be honest I believe that it's more of a cost cutting measure by MB.

There instructions books are pretty awful, colors are hard to make out and I found building the Technodrome to be a nightmare.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:29 AM   #1746
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang316 View Post
I'm a huge collector of Lego and have never heard this rumor before, even if it's true Mega Bloks could color code there bags or do something to make it easier. To be honest I believe that it's more of a cost cutting measure by MB.

There instructions books are pretty awful, colors are hard to make out and I found building the Technodrome to be a nightmare.

This. Definitely this. 100% agree.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #1747
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

If you think their instructions are awful now, try doing some sets from 4-5 years ago.

No wonder Mega didn't have much to show at TF...wonder if they already have sets in development for the new cartoon. I hope they get the S5/S6 bags out before it's too late and they wind up being impossible to find anywhere because they're back-channeled out...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #1748
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang316 View Post

also not to mention you have to put a lot of force to get the pieces to click together. I can't imagine building the technodrome. I would quit

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-03-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #1749
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Finally found BB series 4 blue Leo. Broke his crotch off whlist attempting to attach the legs.
Be gentle on your crotch folks, gentle on your crotch.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #1750
Schildpad
Thug

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
Finally found BB series 4 blue Leo. Broke his crotch off whlist attempting to attach the legs.
Be gentle on your crotch folks, gentle on your crotch.
Great life advice here folks.
Schildpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #1751
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Found series 4 at Walmart and they rang up for 75 cents a pop! Couldn't be happier as I got the full set along with the case itself.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #1752
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Found series 4 at Walmart and they rang up for 75 cents a pop! Couldn't be happier as I got the full set along with the case itself.
Woah, what a deal!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #1753
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Heads up, I found DYK10 (Leo Sewer Skate) and DYK11 (Raph Sewer Surf) at Dollar General last night, $10 each. Big score for me, wasn't expecting those to be there!

They had 3 Raph and 2 Leo (not sure if full case or if one Leo was already missing).

Friend of mine had theorized they would be DG exclusives based on not being part of the latest checklist pics and other factors, he was right!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:42 AM   #1754
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
also not to mention you have to put a lot of force to get the pieces to click together. I can't imagine building the technodrome. I would quit

I stuck it out because it was the only Deluxe Classics set I hadn't built. I don't think I would do it again.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 03-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #1755
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Finally found the series 4 blind bags. Got all but Tigerclaw, but that's OK because Sewer Lair. Saw the Mikey/Ice Cream Kitty and the Donnie lab set too. Still no signs of the Leo/Donnatello battle packs locally.

Im really hoping to see a few more classics set teveals too.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #1756
Okagenologan
Mouser

Are these even out yet?!?

Has anybody seen the Mikey's Coney Island set state side yet? Specifically in the Los Angeles Area.
Okagenologan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #1757
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okagenologan View Post
Has anybody seen the Mikey's Coney Island set state side yet? Specifically in the Los Angeles Area.
I'm not seeing many new sets over on the east coast at least. Heck even series 4 blind bags are a rarity still. I've only seen two cases thus far. Really hoping to get that Donnie battle pack with the rock soldiers soon too.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #1758
Will not be censored

I know the Battle Packs have made it to my area because I have seen both of them, but I'm thinking the Donatello ones get bought as soon as they are put on the shelves because people are building rock armies. They still fetch $40 a set on eBay.
Quote:

Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #1759
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

No Coney Island seen anywhere by anyone I know of yet, even for sale online...no Shellraiser...no Subway Station set...

Series 4 bags JUST hit my zone last week, found 1 picked over case at a "grand opening" Walmart (none at all the others) and found 3 left on a peg at Walgreens.

Most Walmarts and TRUs I've heard of have scaled back their shelf space for Mega after Christmas with no hope of expansion in sight. S3 bags are just sitting there, 2 cases worth, not moving for months, at the one nearest my home. It's dark days for us TMNT Mega lovers after a spoiled rotten 2016.

Toys R Us is having a Mega make & take event (first ever with Mega) on 4/1. The free builds are a mini American Girls beach scene and a mini Halo aircraft. TMNT would have been such a better choice for the "boy" half of that proposition given Halo seems adult collector targeted.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #1760
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

My local TRUs just reset their Mega dispalys to MegaConstrux with a TV and bins for the blind bags. The display includes TMNT, Halo and one of the girl themes. Not seeing much in terms of new product here either.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote