The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 03:41 AM   #481
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Playmates should just charge NECA a percentage on every set sold, but they're just stupid I guess.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #482
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Playmates should just charge NECA a percentage on every set sold, but they're just stupid I guess.
Licensing doesn't work like that.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #483
Panther10
Hench Mutant

If any one has a pair of extra foot soldiers that they are looking to sell please let me know
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #484
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I finally got a set today!
I tried both Tuesday and Wednesday with no luck and boy was I mad one Wednesday when I had the item in my cart and went to check out and I hit finish and it was gone.
I feel ya.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #485
Rewdog
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Another over here! PM's also welcome. I had a kind forum member on here try to get me a set but wasn't able to obtain any! So now I'm on the look out again!

Pleased for everyone that got one, but it's heart-wrenching seeing that great...amazing! set and not being able to do a damn thing about it!

I hope Playmates can see the success of this NECA range and ease up on the international license so that we can get a chance on sets in the future.
In future use a box holder/forwarder if you really want something, I have one that can receive stuff like this for me.
Rewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #486
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Licensing doesn't work like that.
Actually it can and it does.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #487
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

If anyone parts there sets out I'd be interested in a set of turtles. I know most people are wanting the villains so I figure it should be somewhat easy to find a set of them loose.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #488
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Actually it can and it does.
Enlighten me
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #489
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Enlighten me
There are a variety of licenses but here are a couple I have had to deal with before on the corp retail side of things.

You pay a lump sum/flat fee.

Ex. You pay 100K for the right to sell TMNT figures. You then have to figure out how many you need to sell to make it worth paying that 100K. If there are restrictions, like with NECA, they need to figure out the best possible way to make their money back on the license fees AND turn a profit. Sometimes the high cost of the license makes it prohibitive to even attempt to get the license which is what possibly happened with the Thundercats line and Super 7.

You pay a percentage of sales.

Ex. Instead of a flat fee, They may get 10% of every sale up to 5000 units. After 5000 units they may only get 5%. This incentivizes you to sell more as your profit is higher the more you sell.

However the reverse also happens where they may get 5% of all says up to 5000 and then 10% over 5000 sales. This usually it is for limiting agreements and making sure product does not flood the market and devalue everything.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:40 AM   #490
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
If anyone parts there sets out I'd be interested in a set of turtles. I know most people are wanting the villains so I figure it should be somewhat easy to find a set of them loose.
I'd be happy to work something out with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
If any one has a pair of extra foot soldiers that they are looking to sell please let me know
If the two of you are serious, that leaves Krang and Shredder if anyone wants either of those.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 06-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #491
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

How much do you think these guys will sell for individually? $40-$60? more or less?

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #492
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
How much do you think these guys will sell for individually? $40-$60? more or less?
Seems about right. I think the S.H. Figuarts make an alright comparison for price ranges. So yeah $45-$60. But you never know what kind of great deal sellers are willing to make or how bad a buyer might want one in auction.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #493
Will not be censored

You simply have to do a sold listings search on eBay to find out what something sells for...
Quote:

Old 06-26-2017, 02:35 AM   #494
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
$25-$35 is fair for a full figure with their respective accessories, $40 would be max I'd be willing to pay for a non-Turtle and less for a actual Turtle.

But I'm sure the first weeks when the figures are out, scalpers are gonna have individual figures for $50+, and it ain't worth it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #495
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
$25-$35 is fair for a full figure with their respective accessories, $40 would be max I'd be willing to pay for a non-Turtle and less for a actual Turtle.

But I'm sure the first weeks when the figures are out, scalpers are gonna have individual figures for $50+, and it ain't worth it.
There's no way anyone is selling these for a fair price even here on the drome.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #496
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

$25 seems really low. That's what NECA was charging for them when you divide the $200 by the 8 figures. So on the secondary market I would think it would not be $25. Just factoring in shipping as well. The original buyer had to pay over $200 with the shipping, which makes them about $27 each. That is just a break even price and you know scalpers be wanting to make their money.

That would be fantastic though if people could get them for that price, especially fellow dromers. I've already seen preorder sells for just Krang at $75. Which I think is on the other side of the $25, at a really high price.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #497
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Hence why I wrote $25 to $35, $30 is probably the most plausible to get at the lowest, just gotta be patient and not fall for scalper prices right away.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #498
Will not be censored

You have to factor in shipping too. I can do all four turtles possibly for $100 to $120 plus shipping but I have to charge more if I sell them off one by one.
Quote:

Old 06-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #499
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Well, yeah. I didn't include shipping in my price post, I'm not that stingy.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:18 PM   #500
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Shipping costs should never be considered an absolute. Most of that is calculated by region and shipping weight, and not so much the whims of the shipper. And besides, more than a few sellers are willing to offer free shipping anyway so why would any buyer even bother to factor it in as an initial expense?

Last edited by Panther10; 06-26-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote