The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #61
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
gotta check NECA's twitter and website regularly for more info.
Ok thanks. I hope it's an advance notice on ordering and not a surprise and be sold out before you even realize ordering was open.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #62
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I think they look great. Not as good as the SH figuarts, but still worth getting. Does anyone know who did the killer art on the case?
The art looks like Ken Mitchroney to me but I am not certain of that.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #63
AquaParade
Banned

This is a pretty damn cool set.

That said, it's hard not to compare them to the Arcade sets, which are a little more novel to me. Seeing that classic arcade cabinet image on the packing for the Arcade set is a thrill.

Which set do you all prefer?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #64
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Some people are already complaining that it's expensive and so many characters at once. If they were to release more characters all at once, the complaining would increase.

There's still NYCC and subsequent years if they want to release more supporting characters.

As far as the arcade set vs this one, I really like both. The arcade set is VERY unique and I don't think we will ever see anything again like it.

I decided I'm going to keep my SHF turtles and have them having fun in the sewer lair as their expressions are more well, expressive. Even though they aren't as cartoon accurate as NECA's, I really like them. I will not be buying the SHF Shredder, however.

NECA cartoon set will be on another shelf battling the villains of this set.

Arcade sets on a third shelf.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #65
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

This set is pretty much all I ever dreamed of when I was a kid. It's amazing & I know lots will disagree but this is always how I saw the design / look of the FW turtles NOT the SHfiguarts ones.

But like Candy Kappa and SSKakarot said, us Europeans are going to be royally fleeced. $200 plus sellers 'bit on the side' (probably another $50~$100) plus import charges ($60 for my E&Lvillains set). We're taking of way over $300 to get these in Europe. As a certain president would say..."Sad!".

It always makes me wonder...a great community here on the techno drome forum but no-one will EVER say "hey I'll get a second set if you want one, I'll only charge you the going rate as I'm doing a fellow fan a favour, then buyer just covers P&P". Seems sad, I would always be willing to help another TMNT fan out, but I've not seen that here...yet.

Anyway...superb set. I'll prob do everything I can do to get my hands on a set. Well done Neca!
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #66
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Playmates' pathetic little SDCC exclusive won't be able to hold a candle to this dream come true.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #67
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Playmates' pathetic little SDCC exclusive won't be able to hold a candle to this dream come true.
I'd buy MuckMan with 3 paint apps over this, any day.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #68
Powder
So tired of this place

Not a fan of the ink lines, but they're pretty cool otherwise. Wish they were two separate sets though, I really want the villains, not so much the turtles. But if I can afford the set, it'll be mine.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #69
Donnie
Something from the Past

Keep them coming NECA!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #70
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
The art looks like Ken Mitchroney to me but I am not certain of that.
Yes I thought so, and I think your right. Thank you

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #71
AquaParade
Banned

One way in which my tastes have changed when buying collectibles, is in regards to space.
Something I really like about this set is how compact it is. Eight figures inside a small rectangular box.
While I'm mostly interested in Shredder and The Foot, the ease and size of the package are enticing me to just go ahead and order one.

So we are still guessing when pre-orders will go up?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #72
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Eh, they're neat, but I think I prefer the look of the Figuarts Turtles. They strike a better balance of silly-looking yet action-ready to me and their expressions look more "animated." Plus, the weird ink lines and reuse of the exaggerated arcade weapons make them look even more off. The Turtle Comm accessory is really nice, though, and I'm loving the villains. Makes me wish they had made the Arcade set a singular one and made THESE Turtles and Foot separate sets, because I'd be seriously tempted by the Foot one.

Also, LOL at the people just using this thread as an excuse to stroke their Playmates hate-boner.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #73
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Also, LOL at the people just using this thread as an excuse to stroke their Playmates hate-boner.
https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/869623677138161664
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #74
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
BOOM! Hahaha
I remember looking so forward to those shredde and krang figs by playmates but then when I finally got the turtles I was glad they didn't proceed
Old 05-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #75
Freeman
Hench Mutant

I was really pumped with Playmates classic line when it came out, but deep down inside I could see how crappy they were and never got them, even when they were available here in Spain.
I was also really happy to see the Arcade line come to life, but the exclusiveness and the 2 set split made it a forced pass.
Figurarts are a fantastic option and they are also available in Spain, but something on them looks too naive and the retail price here is over 65$ a piece...

This time I feel I have all I was waiting from a TMNT FW line: well executed paintjob, great figures, interesting accesories, new villains and all in one single pack. I can see how other collector who already own some of the lines listed above may not be interested on this version, but for me is going to be a pleasure to display them.

Ready for the online purchase madness!

Last edited by Freeman; 05-30-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 PM   #76
Btown
Hench Mutant

idk how i feel about set. I'd really like to get shredder and the foot soldiers as i dont really want the turtles. I just gotta figure out if its worth the money or not. I may just pass over all and buy last years comic villain set as I like that one much more.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #77
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

I have to say that this was a pretty smart strategic move on NECA's part. They obviously know that the SHF turtles are already out there. And that a lot of Turtle fans have 'em already.

Honestly, if this was 2 separate sets (turtles and villains), I probably would only have purchased a villains set.

Smart on their part and money- making wise to make them one set this year
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #78
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Though I prefer to collect only a specific piece or two I like best from a figure line, so this is outside of my usual budget or interest and will have to pass...still, I otherwise kind of like though that it's a big complete set and put together with a case similar to those many had 'back in the day.'
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #79
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I love when Randy takes shot at Playmates rightfully so. They cancel Classic Shredder and Krang. Neca makes them.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:39 PM   #80
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Am I blind or are the FW turtles the same molds as the arcade? Some seem to hint they aren't. I'm kinda not feeling the turtles but I want Shredder, Krang, and the Foot so I'll most likely pull the trigger. Or perhaps I'll wait and get them on AliExpress in a few months for half the price haha I want to support NECA but I'm sure these will sell out either way.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote