The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: He's your Father?!
If Shredder finds out you've got an Ice Cream Lamp, its all over... 28 30.77%
You know it's good advice when you're still confused afterwards. 37 40.66%
You've Always wanted a pet... *SCREEEE* 15 16.48%
Sorry, Sister... 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion #20: "Enemy of my Enemy"

..and we're back to the show schedule again!

So, lil miss princess is getting curious about the Kraang? Apparently Shredder's usual seething and plotting is getting extra boring, and she's found something shiny and new to focus her attention on.

Leo Can't possibly agree with the idea of joining with her to fight the Kraang, especially after his last encounters with her. I can't imagine Splinter and his brothers being too keen on it either. And who knows what Shredder could pull if he finds out.

AND... now that last week happened with Baxter's throwing Dogpound and Fishface into the fire, what is going to happen with That association? Will they start taking body parts as punishment, or will Baxter escape and become his own standing risk factor in this setup? And is Fishface's interaction with Raphael going to change Anything?

It's shaping up to be a wicked episode, we'll see what happens between Leo and Karai!

Let the foreshadowing and conspiracies continue!

Stay Tuned!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

Favorite episode so far. I guess Karia HATES the turtles now. And what's shred head gonna do with that kraang.

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Let the debate begin!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Ninjawolf
Thug

Pretty awesome episode... Wow guys you just ruined your chance of getting Karai on your side and lol at Donnie
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This was a great episode. Loved seeing Shredder in action again. Some of my favorite lines were:

"Booyakasha? What the heck does that even mean?"

"Don't know, I just like the way it sounds."

"Why, are you worried about your GIRLFRIEND? Okay, now I see why you have so much fun saying that."

I wonder if we'll ever see that guy at the docks again, since he said that Shredder and him were "old friends".

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
LH
Leatherhead

Another awesome episode! It was really interesting to see Karai being honest. The only thing that was tying her to the foot is the fact that she thinks Shredder is her father, but now that she feels betrayed by Leo, who knows what will happen next.

Did anybody else get a technodrome vibe from that giant eye on the ship?..

Karai on the bike with that jump... AWESOME!

It was nice to see April training in her spare time. I'm thinking we will definately see her in a big fight later on this season.

So The foot have a Kraang now? Hmm.. I wonder if Baxter will use his tech to open communications with it. This episode also answered a question I had about Leatherhead knowing Traag's name. It would appear that the communication terminals are used outside of the "life support" bodies.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if that Kraang at the end will become super intelligent and become THE Krang at some point. The other Kraang must have drown though?

Really good episode and funny too. Shredder was awesome. I wonder if we'll see that Russian General again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

good ep. shame they couldn't keep an alliance working, though i guess it was doomed from the start.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I actually liked that Karai got her feelings hurt. Serves her right. Good episode, overall.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

EPIC EPISODE

I pretty much loved everything about it, but my only gripe is the pacing of this Episode...it was just...off.

I NEVER Talk during a show I'm watching, as if the characters in the Cartoon would talk back but I Literally YELLED When Leo left and Shredder came out of the box Lol. I was like: " LEO, GET THE F#€K BACK HERE NAAOOO!!!"

Amazing Episode! (9.6/10)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

They handle the "he's my father" thing way better in 2k3, who wouldn't be mad at the people who tried to kill your father?

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
They handle the "he's my father" thing way better in 2k3, who wouldn't be mad at the people who tried to kill your father?
I wouldn't. Not to get personal or anything, but my father kind of sucks.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
Gwydion
Hench Mutant

I enjoyed this episode - it was great seeing Shredder and Karai in action again! Also interested in who that new guy was. I hope we find out more about him later on sometime. Anyway, I'm really enjoying Karai (loved when she flew in on her bike!). It was fun watching her bounce off of all the guys a bit more rather than just Leo. It was also nice seeing her being honest, as Leatherhead stated, rather than just manipulative.

As soon as Raph suggested they ambush Shredder, I groaned and thought "What are they thinking? Of COURSE Karai's not going to be down with that!" But then I actually thought about what exactly these Turtles know about this Karai, and it made a bit more sense (though still seemed a bit foolish). I mean, I knew that Karai was his "daughter" and therefore wasn't just some disgruntled lackey, but they didn't know that. Almost makes me wish she hadn't been revealed as his daughter previous to this episode so people (who are unfamiliar with previous versions of her character, anyway) might fall into the same frame of thinking that the Turtles did.

There were some fun lines in this episode, and overall I found it pretty enjoyable. Loved the characters, action, and humor - can't go wrong with that!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

"Loosen your knee-pads, Leo!" Loved that line. It's such a simple thing but it struck me funny because I don't think I've heard any turtle ever actually acknowledge their accessories like that before. Belts and masks, sure, but none of the others to my memory. I really liked the moment when Donnie was flubbing his words and Raph pulled him away. I know it was subtle, maybe I'm reaching, but I thought it was sweet as it showed that despite his tough edge, Raph doesn't wanna see his brothers make fools of themselves (except Mikey, it can't be helped). Pretty good episode overall. Nothing particularly wowed me but it was definitely dope, and it helped set up future events and gave the Karai/Leo situation some more depth too. Very interesting personal conflicts for them both.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

I thought that the episode was awesome. Anybody else really like the water effects?

Last edited by Ryanator008; 04-12-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #16
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

Very good episode. I'm starting to wonder just what other super advanced technology the Kraang have. Also, it was nice to see the Turtles fight both the Kraang and Shredder (but mostly Shredder) However...I don't know Mikey's jokes just seemed a bit out of place, weren't really that funny to me. But still a great episode. I wonder what Karai'll do with her new "pet" Also my favorite line would have to be: "Hey I get it. She's your mortal enemy but she's purdy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot

Last edited by RaphAndDonnie; 04-12-2013 at 06:39 PM.
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

I must say, what an awesome episode!

My favorite line would definitely be Mikey's about changing his shell. I'm surprised that was not on the polls. Even Don hesitating next to April was classic. It just makes things a whole lot funnier for the genius.

Shredder is back in action, and the whole fight scene was totally epic. My favorite part, however, is when Leo takes the bazooka and shoots at the Kraang ship. Absolutely beyond amazing. I didn't think Nick could put such a weapon on the show.

Even when Leo finds out that Karai is the Shredder's daughter, I knew he would be ticked. Loved seeing Don being the first to comfort him, too.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
tlg80
Foot Soldier

My team is playing tonight, but I couldn't miss this episode. It was amazing! As soon as it ended I was like :wow. I am going to watch it again so I can add more, but the ending killed me. "You always wanted a pet." One of my favorites.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanator008 View Post
I thought that the episode was awesome. Anybody else really like the water effects?
The water looked realistic, like something you'd see in a PS3 game like Bioshock.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

I feel like this one just missed greatness. I would have liked the ending to have been Leo telling Splinter that Karai was Shredder's "daughter". Followed by a dramatic "WTF that's MY daughter" moment from Splinter.

Also the fight with Shredder lacked the intensity of The Gauntlet. Hard to top that though. And you have to ponder the turtle intent in "taking Shredder down"... They know he wants them dead, so were they ready to return the favor? I mean, they can't just take him to jail, ya know?

Still a really good episode though. Great action, mostly good humor. Favorite joke was Donnie discovering the joys of teasing his brother over his "girlfriend". Also Leo's icon for Don on his phone was Dr. Mindstrong lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick