The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this a centrifudge?!
Oh snap! Dogs HATE getting wet... 23 25.84%
Old People never care about how they look! 24 26.97%
Okay, who's starting the countdown for Fishface 2.0?! 23 25.84%
I guess Raph's bra size would be an Egg cup... 19 21.35%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I find it hilarious that now Fishface seems out of place. If we didn't know Slash was showing up I'd figure Fishface would somehow become Tokka.
Xever would soon mutate into Armaggon.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #42
PizzaFaceDelivers
Thug

Wow. Just... wow. This episode took me completely by surprise. It was awesome! As someone who has always hated the design of Dogpound, I was completely, and pleasantly, blindsided by Rahzar. He looks great! Can't wait for Baxter's mutation as well.

Check out my TMNT Tumblr!
PizzaFaceDelivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #43
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

D19 Reviews: "Mikey gets Shellacne"

Boy, do the people working on this show know how to trick us. I went into this episode with EXTREMELY low expectations ("Mikey gets Shellacne"...does that really sound like a good episode to you?) but it turns out that this is now my favorite S2 episode so far. So many things happening in this episode...lets get right to it!

Seeing the turtles trying to make breakfast was pretty cool, along with Mikey in bed (his mask was even off, wish we could've saw his face without it). It's moments like these where the turtles are just hanging out that I enjoy seeing. Then...we have Mikey's zits. Those things were just gross, ugh, they made my skin crawl. They weren't bead at first, but when they started getting really big, and cracking his shell with them popping out of it....*shudder*....just gross. For a Mikey episode, I didn't really think it did much for him. He didn't really learn any sort of lesson, and he was just being stupid again. There should have been a better reason as to why he put retro mutagen on himself...like his brothers picking on him for being smaller and weaker or something like that. Him just doing it for no reason really made no sense at all. I guess him going out by himself since the guys weren't listening to him was good, and he did hold up pretty well on his own, and acted mor mature than usual. So yeah, didn't enjoy Mikey too much in this, I mean don't get me wrong, he was funny, it's just that he did something stupid and didn't learn anything from it. Now, let's get to what really saved this episode and made it a winner...the villains.

First of all, I wasn't expecting there to be any villains in this episode. I was very surprised to even see Karai, let alone Dogpound and Fishface. Seeing Karai in charge while Shredder is gone was cool. I'm glad that D&F were brought back, I wasn't getting kinda worried since we hadn't seen them in a while. And when they mentioned Baxter? That's when I knew this would be a good episode. It's funny that we were all talking about how they should turn Bradford back into a human in the other thread, and we see him facing that problem in this episode. You can see he hates his mutation, calling his new body clumsy and whatnot, and how he's not even like a ninja anymore. It's like the people that work on the show are reading every word we type...

The abandoned TCRI building was a good setting. It looked very cool with all the damage and Kraang droids lying around.Then when we got to Baxter's lair, it was really cool to see that he's been keeping himself busy by gathering mutagen. Baxter was awesome, glad we got to see more of the Mousers too. A lot of great callbacks to previous events in this episode, like the maze of doom. When Dogpound put the mutagen collar on Baxter, I thought for sure that he was going to mutate into the fly in this episode, but no...we got something else, which I'll talk about in a bit. I think the mutagen collar is a really cool way to keep Baxter scared of the Foot, it's a very threatening thing. Kinda surprised they put that in there, to be honest. Anyway, back to the villains. It turns out that Baxter knows how to de mutate people, which I'm sure is going to come in to play later in the season. Dogpound and Fishface longing to be human again was nice to see, I was actually really hoping that it would happen.

Now we have Mikey sneaking in to the lab on his own, since his brothers wouldn't listen to him. Again, I'm glad he did this...because it turns out he was right and shows that he isn't always goofing off. His brothers should take him more seriously sometimes...although I can understand why they don't. We have a nice fight scene with Mikey and Dogpound, and before you know it they're both above the giant mutagen supply. Dogpound is holding on for dear life, but Mikey can't support his weight, and he falls. Now, when Dogpound fell into that mutagen, I didn't know what to think. I was surprised but also kind of upset, thinking that we were going to lose this awesome character to another mindless beast. Then he came out of the mutagen...and his new design is freaking awesome! Holy crap, it's like a huge, scary werewolf! I was very surprised, but since he was only growling, I thought he lost all of his humanity and ability to talk...but when the show came back from commercial, thank god, he could still talk. I can't stress enough how epic the design is, it's actually really frightening. It makes the original Dogpound look really cute and cuddly, haha. I didn't see it coming that he's actually Razhar now! So now that mystery toy listing can be put to rest, as we know who we're getting. Can't wait for that figure! I liked his comment about how he feels like a ninja again. I wonder if he'll stay with the foot though, or if he'll go out on his own now that he's even more powerful...guess we'll have to wait and see. I could go on and on, but this post is getting really long...

So Mikey is cured at the end of course, and Karai now has Baxter back with foot along with an extremely dangerous double mutated Bradford. I gotta say, this episode was just great, I was not expecting ANYTHING like this to happen, and it really seemed like filler from what we knew about the episode. I'm glad we were pleasantly surprised. I still don't care for the main plot about the zits, but everything else made up for it. I'm giving this episode a 9/10.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

AWE..SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEE

But it's gonna be hard looking at Rahzar and not thinking.. MAMA
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #45
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Boy, do the people working on this show know how to trick us. I went into this episode with EXTREMELY low expectations ("Mikey gets Shellacne"...does that really sound like a good episode to you?) but it turns out that this is now my favorite S2 episode so far. So many things happening in this episode...lets get right to it!

Seeing the turtles trying to make breakfast was pretty cool, along with Mikey in bed (his mask was even off, wish we could've saw his face without it). It's moments like these where the turtles are just hanging out that I enjoy seeing. Then...we have Mikey's zits. Those things were just gross, ugh, they made my skin crawl. They weren't bead at first, but when they started getting really big, and cracking his shell with them popping out of it....*shudder*....just gross. For a Mikey episode, I didn't really think it did much for him. He didn't really learn any sort of lesson, and he was just being stupid again. There should have been a better reason as to why he put retro mutagen on himself...like his brothers picking on him for being smaller and weaker or something like that. Him just doing it for no reason really made no sense at all. I guess him going out by himself since the guys weren't listening to him was good, and he did hold up pretty well on his own, and acted mor mature than usual. So yeah, didn't enjoy Mikey too much in this, I mean don't get me wrong, he was funny, it's just that he did something stupid and didn't learn anything from it. Now, let's get to what really saved this episode and made it a winner...the villains.

First of all, I wasn't expecting there to be any villains in this episode. I was very surprised to even see Karai, let alone Dogpound and Fishface. Seeing Karai in charge while Shredder is gone was cool. I'm glad that D&F were brought back, I wasn't getting kinda worried since we hadn't seen them in a while. And when they mentioned Baxter? That's when I knew this would be a good episode. It's funny that we were all talking about how they should turn Bradford back into a human in the other thread, and we see him facing that problem in this episode. You can see he hates his mutation, calling his new body clumsy and whatnot, and how he's not even like a ninja anymore. It's like the people that work on the show are reading every word we type...

The abandoned TCRI building was a good setting. It looked very cool with all the damage and Kraang droids lying around.Then when we got to Baxter's lair, it was really cool to see that he's been keeping himself busy by gathering mutagen. Baxter was awesome, glad we got to see more of the Mousers too. A lot of great callbacks to previous events in this episode, like the maze of doom. When Dogpound put the mutagen collar on Baxter, I thought for sure that he was going to mutate into the fly in this episode, but no...we got something else, which I'll talk about in a bit. I think the mutagen collar is a really cool way to keep Baxter scared of the Foot, it's a very threatening thing. Kinda surprised they put that in there, to be honest. Anyway, back to the villains. It turns out that Baxter knows how to de mutate people, which I'm sure is going to come in to play later in the season. Dogpound and Fishface longing to be human again was nice to see, I was actually really hoping that it would happen.

Now we have Mikey sneaking in to the lab on his own, since his brothers wouldn't listen to him. Again, I'm glad he did this...because it turns out he was right and shows that he isn't always goofing off. His brothers should take him more seriously sometimes...although I can understand why they don't. We have a nice fight scene with Mikey and Dogpound, and before you know it they're both above the giant mutagen supply. Dogpound is holding on for dear life, but Mikey can't support his weight, and he falls. Now, when Dogpound fell into that mutagen, I didn't know what to think. I was surprised but also kind of upset, thinking that we were going to lose this awesome character to another mindless beast. Then he came out of the mutagen...and his new design is freaking awesome! Holy crap, it's like a huge, scary werewolf! I was very surprised, but since he was only growling, I thought he lost all of his humanity and ability to talk...but when the show came back from commercial, thank god, he could still talk. I can't stress enough how epic the design is, it's actually really frightening. It makes the original Dogpound look really cute and cuddly, haha. I didn't see it coming that he's actually Razhar now! So now that mystery toy listing can be put to rest, as we know who we're getting. Can't wait for that figure! I liked his comment about how he feels like a ninja again. I wonder if he'll stay with the foot though, or if he'll go out on his own now that he's even more powerful...guess we'll have to wait and see. I could go on and on, but this post is getting really long...

So Mikey is cured at the end of course, and Karai now has Baxter back with foot along with an extremely dangerous double mutated Bradford. I gotta say, this episode was just great, I was not expecting ANYTHING like this to happen, and it really seemed like filler from what we knew about the episode. I'm glad we were pleasantly surprised. I still don't care for the main plot about the zits, but everything else made up for it. I'm giving this episode a 9/10.
See what happens when you jump to conclusions? LOL.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
See what happens when you jump to conclusions? LOL.
I suppose you're right! But really, how were we supposed to get "Karai gains control of the foot while Bradford struggles with his mutated form, captures Baxter, and gets double mutated into Rhazar" from "Mikey gets zits" ?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #47
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I suppose you're right! But really, how were we supposed to get "Karai gains control of the foot while Bradford struggles with his mutated form, captures Baxter, and gets double mutated into Rhazar" from "Mikey gets zits" ?
True there was no way of knowing. But that's why for me I find it best to let the episode air first. Sometimes you get neat surprises like this one.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #48
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Even if they don't try to make the episode's title sound a bit more interesting and less off-putting...
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #49
cryan
Stone Warrior

Took me by surprise too. Thought it was well written.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #50
Electric
Epic Hiatus

With rahzar now I'm really wondering if tokka is coming. Fish face into tokka wouldn't make much sense, it would be a stretch. And slash being called tokka also seems unlikely, since he's already being given a new mutant name from spike, but obviously this show has no problem handling a double mutation. So who knows. I'm just looking forward to seeing how karai, shredder and fish face act towards rahzar.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
With rahzar now I'm really wondering if tokka is coming. Fish face into tokka wouldn't make much sense, it would be a stretch. And slash being called tokka also seems unlikely, since he's already being given a new mutant name from spike, but obviously this show has no problem handling a double mutation. So who knows. I'm just looking forward to seeing how karai, shredder and fish face act towards rahzar.
Maybe Slash will take the place of Tokka like he kinda/sorta does in IDW. I mean two crazy evil mutated turtles is a bit much. Though I see little to no reason to see Slash team up with Bradford. Bradford would try to kill on the fact that he's another Turtles to begin with.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #52
snake
Disgusting

Missed this one I'll catch it off iTunes.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #53
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I feel like this episode very much expressed the sentiments of many fans who found Bradford's human form so much better than his Dogpound mutation. He was a ninja but as Dogpound he was just a clumsy lumbering pound of muscle. I actually had my hopes up he might turn back human again, but I guess I can certainly live with the Rahzar twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Xever would soon mutate into Armaggon.
That would be epic!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I feel like this episode very much expressed the sentiments of many fans who found Bradford's human form so much better than his Dogpound mutation. He was a ninja but as Dogpound he was just a clumsy lumbering pound of muscle. I actually had my hopes up he might turn back human again, but I guess I can certainly live with the Rahzar twist!

That would be epic!
Would basically be the first ever archie-original character to be on tv.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #55
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Really cool episode. I was really surprised.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

"I want to live like a man, love like a man"

I just realized the show hinted Xever missed getting laid.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
"I want to live like a man, love like a man"

I just realized the show hinted Xever missed getting laid.
That's not the only sexual innuendo in the episode. The eggs stuck on Raph's chest like breasts for an extra 5 seconds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #58
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I'm almost in shock with this episode. I thought Baxter might wind up as a fly before it was all over (which I am still hoping for btw) but then Dogpound turns in to Rahzar!? Plus he looks ridiculously awesome. Secret of the Ooze has been getting some SERIOUS love this year. I mean I'm not gonna be surprised to see Vanilla Ice just pop out and start rapping at this rate. LOL. I also loved when Raph referred to Baxter and "Dexter" and then spoke about this "lab". I guess my one criticism is I kinda find it hard to believe that even MIKEY would be dumb enough to put mutagen on his skin after the Squirrelanoids and Mutagen Man and Kirby but apparently that never occurred to him??? It might have been more respectful to his character to at LEAST have him accidentally spill a little on himself. Did anyone else think that was a little TOO far to take his goofiness?
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #59
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Damn. I wasn't expecting this filler episode to NOT be a filler episode. I nearly died when Dawgpound turned into Rahzar. That was just... cool! They turned a minor character into a major-ish character!
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #60
Electric
Epic Hiatus

I liked the use of the mutagen collar, instead of something like a shock collar. To me that seemed like it was put in just to throw us off and not expect rahzar. We know fly Baxter Is coming, so were just waiting. When the collar was on, everyone was thinking oh ok fly Baxter. But nope, out of nowhere we get rahzar. This show is genius.

And also, since a lot of people on here don't think Mikey is getting enough attention, we finally have an episode based around him that moves along the plot. Multiple plots actually.

Tags
episode discussion, nick