The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What is/are your favourite colour(s)?
Black 2 8.33%
White 2 8.33%
Red 4 16.67%
Green 11 45.83%
Blue 13 54.17%
Yellow 1 4.17%
Brown 1 4.17%
Grey 3 12.50%
Purple 6 25.00%
Pink 2 8.33%
Orange 2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

What is/are your favourite colour(s)?

Oddly enough, it seems this thread hasn't been made before, at least according to the results of my research.

Most people seem to have a favourite colour or two, so I'm interested in knowing what's yours. And also if you own many products in that colour or if you wear that colour often or not. Now, obviously not every single colour is listed here, but that would be impossible, so let's say you vote "blue". Pick your favourite kind of blue. Is it navy blue? Cobalt blue?

My favourite colour is black. I love it. Most of my t-shirts have a black coloured background since I'm a big heavy metal fan and most of my t-shirts are of metal bands. Also, my electronic gadgets and appliances tend to be of the colour black as well. My phone, my computer, my speakers, my keyboard, my video game consoles... 99% of them are black. It's just a very classy colour I find.

Second comes red. Favourite type of red? Maybe scarlet red? Not a big fan of darker red colours/tones. I'd say I like red a lot because my favourite sports team wears red as its main colour. The thing is... I don't really own many red coloured products and clothing. I have a red sweater I wear seldom. So not counting with the jerseys/shirts of my favourite sports team, I barely own anything that's red. You know why? Because I find it a bit too "garish" to wear on a daily basis. I'm a fairly quiet and discreet person, thus red doesn't seem to fit my personality... this might contradict my personality, but seriously, I really like red but can't bring myself to wear it on a daily basis. Is it that strange?

I think the black and red combination is the best one there is, but black has to be way more predominant.

As for other colours... it depends on the context. I think green looks terrible in clothes but very nice in nature. Blue is fine for the most part. A very neutral colour and darker shades of it look well on jeans and such. I don't mind yellow and orange either. Orange is an underrated colour.

Not a big fan of grey, brown, pink or purple. Brown looks classy in wooden furniture but that's it. Grey just seems lifeless and depressing. And I simply don't like purple or pink. Maybe there's some innate prejudice behind it in a "yeah you don't like pink because you consider it a feminine colour!" way, I dunno.

So, what about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Purple & pink, with grey/teal/neon green tagging along for the ride.

I like both soft pastels & intense neon. Think Easter & Lisa Frank.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Purple and blue. Because I'm royalty.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Purple & pink, with grey/teal/neon green tagging along for the ride.

I like both soft pastels & intense neon. Think Easter & Lisa Frank.
Hell yeah.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:23 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Hell yeah.
I'm not surprised someone with a username like yours picked green.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Green.
It's the color of life. Most of the plants and vegetation you see around you are green and when you're surrounded by them things look more lively.

I also love orange. It's such a bright and attention-grabbing color.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Blue. I like all blues, but particularly fond of the deeper, tranquil darker shades; and esp those that have a hint of gray. Also the bluer (dye) shade of, well, Indigo (but I also just like the word).

Gray tones would probably be a second favorite. (But purples, greens, etc aren't far behind.)

Honorable mention... That neon-like purple I can get in Photoshop, etc.

Only ones I've never really been too crazy about are reds, oranges... I guess the 'warmer' colors. Though I like yellow a bit more than I used to and don't mind a pale pink. Browns depend... I like it as leather and leather-like tones where appropriate.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-01-2017 at 10:46 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've noticed that I tend to favor blue and green hues when I'm doing art, and especially in my graphic design projects. So I guess they're subconscious favorites.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #9
snake
Disgusting

Blue. 2nd would probably be hot pink.

Can we all agree that the worst color is yellow-green? When I was in kindergarden, that was like the ONLY crayon you'd be able to find when you needed crayons the most.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, I think yellow-green has some competitors. Saw an article (similar to link below) the other day about an AI algorithm that was trained to create 'new' colors and...name them.

So many of the colors are not too fantastic, but some of the names are hilarious.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/mach/wh...colors-n762121

Who doesn't want to go back to school and color with Stanky Bean, Bank Butt, and Burf Pink? (Though I prefer Gleepy Blue and Horble Gray.) lol

edit: Full results - http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/post...neural-network

Dying...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-01-2017 at 12:05 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Blue is my favorite though purple isn't too bad since that's my birthstone color. Also really like green too.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always liked red since Raphael was my favorite Turtle as a kid and Mario wears red, even though I prefer Luigi.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #13
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

When it's a silverish type color, grey is actually my favorite. Violet and any green color also is good.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #14
asfaloth12
Thug

Pretty much a tie between green and blue. In fact, they were my wedding colors (they are my husband's favorite colors as well; he seems to slightly prefer blue, while I tend to have a slight preference for green). Maybe that's why Leo is my favorite turtle.

However, red is not too far behind. That's a very pretty color, too.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird how the meanings of colors changed. In the old days, purple used to be associated with royalty or being majestic.

Now purple is basically associated with the LGBT crowd or being gay, etc. You see on a lot of youtube clips/meme's people make fun of Donatello having the purple bandana now, whereas back in the 80's nobody ever thought Don wearing purple was associated with that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's weird how the meanings of colors changed. In the old days, purple used to be associated with royalty or being majestic.

Now purple is basically associated with the LGBT crowd or being gay, etc. You see on a lot of youtube clips/meme's people make fun of Donatello having the purple bandana now, whereas back in the 80's nobody ever thought Don wearing purple was associated with that.
I thought pink was the colour associated with the LGBT crowd? Also, don't they prefer the rainbow now since it has several different colours?
Old 08-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #17
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Pink is the rallying color for the Susan G Comen/I love boobs crowd aka breast cancer awareness. We probably have Tinky-Winky and his(?) purse to thank for that odd association with purple. Or it might have begun in the 70's with some of the flamboyant outfits of the time- purple leisure suits, big hats, feathers and bell bottom pants....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Pink is the rallying color for the Susan G Comen/I love boobs crowd aka breast cancer awareness. We probably have Tinky-Winky and his(?) purse to thank for that odd association with purple. Or it might have begun in the 70's with some of the flamboyant outfits of the time- purple leisure suits, big hats, feathers and bell bottom pants....
Ah right, I forgot pink is used for breast cancer awareness.

Didn't the pink and LGBT association start during Nazi Germany? LGBTs sent to concentration camps were given pink triangles I think...
Old 08-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #19
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I always liked blue since Sonic the Hedgehog was one of my favourite characters as a kid.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #20
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I don't know, so I just voted all of them.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote