The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 PM   #21
Ulisa
Foot Soldier

The original series was my first introduction to it and I loved it. It was very popular when I was in elementary school and I remember having a few of the books that were released. The live action movies kept me interested about through...I'd say after the release of the 3rd movie.

Lost interest for a bit but then I heard they were releasing a new animation series when I was in high school. I was skeptical, especially since I heard it was very different from the 80s series. Avoided it for a time but, oddly enough, I read a fanfiction around 2004-2006 called "The Couch" which took placed after 'Return to New York' and it got me intrigued enough to try it. (Ironically, I have never been able to find that story again) Needless to say, I fell in love with turtles again. Still love me the 80s series but I have almost equal love for the 2003 series.

I think that's about the time I started to read Archie and tried Mirage as well though I can't recall exactly.
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:30 AM   #22
newfan
Mad Scientist

I managed to miss most of the 80's show with a vague memory of watching a few of them. No-one could have missed the hype when the first movie came out, I watched it eventually but forgot about it.
Last spring my son found the 2012's on sky, their new look caught my attention and I watched a little with him....and here I am!.
I've since read up a little on the various incarnations and caught up on all the movies (incl animated) except the 3rd movie in the original trilogy. There's a lot of TMNT though
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:42 AM   #23
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
My uncle's OT toys around 2003/04. Had some great memories of playing with that stuff. He had the Technodrome, the Lair, and just about every figure up until 1993.
That's cool, always good to keep those kind of toys.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:00 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Poll

Can you please make this a poll?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #25
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Can you please make this a poll?
Is it not a little bit late to do that now? I can if people want.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #26
pferreira
Foot Elite

First saw the FW series on Going Live on BBC 1. The first episode I saw I think was Return of the Shredder or it was the next episode. Was totally hooked into it. I went and read the Mirage comics and experienced other iterations of TMNT but I never felt any were as enjoyable and good as the 80s series.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #27
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

I was born in '88, so I was too young to understand my fandom for a while. I'm assuming my parents just bought me the toys 'cos they were popular at the time and I watched the cartoon 'cos I had the toys. I was in love with the Turtles before I could speak coherent sentences. Even though the original movie (1990) came out before I was 2yrs old, that's the version that cemented my love for TMNT. I had a copy on VHS that my brother and I ran into the ground. That's my favorite version of the Turtles. From their look to their personalities, that's the version I look to when comparing/contrasting any other version.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #28
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Original toys followed by cartoon and associated merch.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:11 PM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

FW cartoon when I was younger. Then I saw the toys again in 2003 and found out from one of my friends that a new show was on. First ep I saw of that was "Meet Casey Jones" and I was hooked from then on but really didn't like FF or BBTS that much. Have stuck with the 2012 series thus far and that's it really.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #30
eskater
Foot Soldier

The original FW series for sure, as a baby/toddler mind you lol. My older cousins watched it and I got hooked. The comics side the Archie series, only had one since I lived out in the sticks (I don't even know where it was bought honestly), got into the Mirage series when they had the original site up and you could read the originals for free. Exploded from there.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #31
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Started hearing kids playing turtles on the playground. Finally saw one of the OT episodes. That was it. I have been hooked ever since.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #32
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

The OT got me started, then Archie and the movies. I loosely followed other versions over the years, until IDW started and cemented it for me.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #33
cammy85
Stone Warrior

The OT for sure. I don't remember the episode unfortunately. I'm thinking the Killer Pizzas episode. The Archie comics weren't easy to find but I did manage to get 3/4 of the Final Conflict arc and where they meet Jagwar. Other than specials, I was only able to get the movie adaptations and the Mutanimals mini-series.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #34
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Kinda similar to NewFan on this one... I was there for the FW series but never really got into it (Star wars was my big thing - turtles never appealed much)

I do remember going to and enjoying the first 90s movie however, but after that Turtles fell completely off the radar. Then in 2014 I bought season 1+2 of the 2012 series for a birthday present for my daughters friend. He had it already - we got him something else and I was curious enough to watch an episode.... And then binge watched the entire series.

And here we are.

Not really sure what drew me in so much really. I think that it was a combination of it being much more serialized as a show, but also that I liked the 2012 character designs (especially the main cast and Shredder).

I've since drifted towards IDW a little as well, but I still dont find the early comics and 2k3 especially appealing. I think the character designs have a lot to do with that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #35
neatoman
Emperor

Alright here's a hypothetical, given that there are multiple easily obtained trades for Mirage via IDW, how likely is it that more people will be drawn in through Mirage?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #36
Vicky82
Emperor

The 80s cartoon.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #37
newfan
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=Tarris Vaal;1708917]

Glad I'm not the only one I too sort of binge watched the first two series as they were on sky on demand.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #38
2K3
Foot Soldier

I grew up with the 80s series and films but it was the 2003 series that stapled it for me!
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #39
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Randomly tried out a Nick toon episode after hearing good things on IGN. Made me a fan, and I've been dipping my feet into other versions as well.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #40
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright here's a hypothetical, given that there are multiple easily obtained trades for Mirage via IDW, how likely is it that more people will be drawn in through Mirage?
I guess it depends on how many people who have never really checked out TMNT before are cruising the comic shop (or comic section of a book-store), see it, and decide to give it a whirl.

It's possible, I guess.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote