The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 10-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Marvel: RessureXtion

Marvel are refocusing on the X-Men brand begining in Spring 2017 with "RessureXtion"

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-20-2016 at 10:37 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #3
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Just in time for the new Wolverine movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:07 AM   #5
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

So has Marvel finally pulled their heads out of their butts and realized the Inhumans are sales cancer. I guess I'll believe it when I see it part of me bets they will try to shove some Inhumans in these titles saying there united or some ********.

Iceman: Yeah I got no interest in this I was never a huge fan of the character and now I'm even less of a fan.

Jean Grey: As long as its the Old real Jean Grey I will read it but I got no interest in a teen Jean comic never liked the idea of this and even if Extraordinary X-Men is trying to make her a better character I dont think I could read a solo about the time displaced version.

Weapon X: The Barry Windsor-Smith original is one of my favorite comics of all time. So the Weapon X stuff has always been peeked my interest. Hopefully we get some news on what this title even is but if it is a team book filled with weapon X characters that would be cool.

Generation X:The typical school title clearly if it has Jubilee in it I'll give it a shot.

Cable: I like Cable he's cool but I dont think I would buy a solo maybe wait on the trades if there good.

X-Men Blue: Awesome bringing back the Blue and Gold teams. Although Blue looks to be the OG X-Men title hopefully its not the time displaced versions I got no interest in reading that.

X-Men Gold: If the roster is hinted on the cover yeah this one looks to be a winner to me. Just hope we get some good artiest and writer for it. Well we need that for all the titles but this one needs to take top priority.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:40 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

http://www.newsarama.com/31684-what-...-explains.html

Quote:
"Without spoiling too much about the ending of Inhumans vs. X-Men, the X-Men have been living with a cloud hanging over their heads—literally," added fellow editor Daniel Ketchum. "The current roster of X-Men titles has been defined by this pervading sense of doom, the fact that mutantkind is on the brink. Well, one way or another, the impending threat of extinction subsides, and this is the story of what happens next. The X-Men have a future. Now what are they going to do with it?"
Old 10-22-2016, 06:35 AM   #7
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I'm in such suspense.

I can't wait to see all the character development that's going to, for whatever completely asinine reason, be completely invalid in five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
So has Marvel finally pulled their heads out of their butts and realized the Inhumans are sales cancer. I guess I'll believe it when I see it part of me bets they will try to shove some Inhumans in these titles saying there united.
Two books, one of which sells reasonably well is hardly "sales cancer". Sure, if they had a whole line being sustained by said decent-ish selling book I'd agree but that's not the case.

I'll never get the animosity towards the Inhumans from X-men fans other than the belief that they are being pushed as a replacement for the X-Men. Granted I can't speak for the initial post-Infinity books but the current two books don't strike me as similar in style or themes. The only X-Men territory that Inhumans step on is if a new character comes out and no one really wants to give them a unique source of power they are now an Inhuman as opposed to a mutant. Big deal.

That being said if this shuts the complex up then great. I might give some of these a chance myself.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So.... death of X isn't over yet and already they're announcing new xmen titles.... that's almost like saying the joker will kill batman once and for all, for good, and then announce 4 new batman comics coming out next year two minutes afterwards.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So.... death of X isn't over yet and already they're announcing new xmen titles.... that's almost like saying the joker will kill batman once and for all, for good, and then announce 4 new batman comics coming out next year two minutes afterwards.
Death of X is a much lesser deal given it's a prequel story, if anything this spoils how even less of a big deal the upcoming Inhumans vs X-Men series is going to be if the biggest amount of titles coming out of it happen to be X-Centric, especially with the details coming in since then these books will try to bring back the more fun elements to the franchise.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The 05 are reunited for X-Men: Blue, written by Cullen Bunn. Magneto will be mentoring the team.

Arrow co-showrunner Marc Guggenhiem helms X-Men: Gold

Kitty will lead the Gold team and Rachel Grey will have a new codename: Prestige

Both titles will be twice-monthly

http://www.newsarama.com/32142-creat...ld-titles.html
Old 05-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Found this on CBR

Quote:
Bleeding Cool understands from multiple sources that long-standing X-Men editor Daniel Ketchum was let go by Marvel Comics on Tuesday.

Popular with fans, no reason has been officially given. Marvel are making no comment and Daniel has not returned inquiries.

But Ketchum did change his Twitter account description to remove the mention that he is a Marvel editor. He has, however, kept the “Editor” description which may point towards his current plans.

Working principally on editing the X-Men titles, Ketchum was one of the people behind the recent ResurrXion relaunch of mutant titles, including the upcoming Iceman comic, and was a regular voice on CBR’s X-Position columns.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...marvel-comics/

I'd hazzard a guess that an additional head needed to roll after the artwork scandal in X-Men Gold…