The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 02-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #101
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
If we have to reinforce the 'no politics and religion' rule that Krang initially put in place when he created the forum, then the mods and I will discuss how to move forward.
Totally should. It never works.

I think the community can police itself (to an extent) when it comes to talking turtles, generalized pop culture/life, but people are far too riled up about politics/religion/social issues not to start hurling insults & whatnot.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #102
sdp
-

The "good" discussions in Current Events like say the physical media thread can be moved to other sections without a problem. Let's be honest before it became a political section it was the RIP forum, we can just have a general RIP thread in another section. That would eliminate most of the "toxicity".

Andrew likes to troll and it's fine in the turtle sections but in the political ones it just doesn't work out. Outside of that section really the only ones that are constantly bringing up politics in a toxic way are Vegita San, LeonardoTheBest and Plastron Cafe in that order. Sumac and mrcaez(?) seem to only engage because of the previous ones. It's easy to be "triggered" I was too for a while but dialed it back quite a bit since but keeping politics "light" is a much better alternative.

I do think politics has become very divisive and it's spilled more and more into the media we consume for entertainment making it impossible not to make a political comment every once in a while but there's a difference between "This show is trying too hard to be PC" or "I really enjoyed all the diversity" and leaving it at that and ending up in an endless debate of pages in a topic about something else between 3/4 users which is just tiring.

Yes, we're all adults but when there are members who have such extreme opinions about certain things and it's not bad to post it in the appropriate threads, I think it's impossible to avoid right now as I mentioend but to continue to go on and on about them, it's what causes the toxic environment.

My 2 cents.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #103
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Outside of that section really the only ones that are constantly bringing up politics in a toxic way are Vegita San,
Vegita-san trolls the hell out of the TV/movie section too. Anything that has to do with a women director, women actress, or anything with women in authority, he pulls the "SJW" card and goes around making degrading or derogatory comments toward women and thinks there's a "war against men" going on. And he posts about it non-stop, in the everything else section too to the point where everyone notices it.

It wouldn't be so bad if every thread was constantly derailed by it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #104
Vegita-San
Emperor

i love how i get brought up first in that list. plastron and sumac are way worse than i am. I mostly stick to the tv forum anyway. and the only reason i bring it up there , is because sjw stuff ruins so many shows and movies, that it's impossible not to avoid it. and it's only going to get worse as time goes on in hollywood.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #105
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm curious as to how people define toxic.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #106
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Can it be defined? Or is it more of a feeling that’s difficult to put into words? Or one of those you know it when you see it type of things? I imagine it’s not easy to be a mod. Knowing when to step in and when to let things work themselves out naturally. I wonder how long it would have taken Sumac and LeoTheBest to settle the discussion in the last thread if it didn’t get sent to the DU.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #107
Vegita-San
Emperor

If your first post on this site is about a topic most people think should be banned because it's too divisive, and then you bait people in other posts...I would consider that toxic.

Some things are just people not liking the current topic of conversation. but the conversation itself is rather civil. i wouldn't call that toxic...but it would be easier if those types ignored the stuff they didn't like rather than combat with it.

i'm just glad i'm not running things as a mod. unless it's rather obvious that the person is there just to troll or cause trouble..it's rather tough sometimes to find the genuine people, and the people who like to poke the bear like andrew, but otherwise might be interested in the topic.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #108
sdp
-

Now I know you reading this are not toxic, you have the facts, the morality and clearly the correct way of thinking, so you must make it clear that the other person that they're incorrect and constantly bring it up in other threads. If you fit in this category, you're toxic.

I don't like to get political because my political views are widely different, over the past few months I accidentally got into more and more political topics until I realized I was being toxic. I started to clean my act up because no one wants all this baggage in every other thread no matter how many people I may feel I am correcting in their wrong views. As I mentioned it's impossible to keep politics out of certain discussions since many shows have indeed become very political but there's ways to be more concise and agree to disagree with it that doesn't end with endless debates.

I apologize for singling out people in the previous post since it's likely unfair and I used to enjoy posts from most of those people before things got bad. This place isn't getting any bigger or better moderated so why not make the best of it auto modding ourselves.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #109
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The "His/hers/theirs" thread was getting WAY too personal. I've shut it down and moved it to the disintegrator.

The issue is not the non-tmnt sections in general, it's the hypersensitive political topics that get people escalating out of control.

If we have to reinforce the 'no politics and religion' rule that Krang initially put in place when he created the forum, then the mods and I will discuss how to move forward.
I don't fault the shutting down of the "His/Hers/Theirs" thread at all... but that's not politics.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:44 AM   #110
newfan
Mad Scientist

Obviously it's hard not to clash with sensitive subjects, they can be very personal to people and I don't have a perfect answer here, but maybe it's realising when it's escalating too much (becoming too personal between particular members)and not going to get resolved.
When an argument is put across in a non aggrieve manner I will be reading the points being made, where I see an attacking/insulting post, I find that can overshadow the points being made.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san's current signature is this:

Quote:
And between his constant thread de-railing, he's easily the most toxic and troll like person on the forums right now. At least everyone else has some tact.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #112
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Vegita-san's current signature is this:

And between his constant thread de-railing, he's easily the most toxic and troll like person on the forums right now. At least everyone else has some tact.
Sumac's signature is equally obvious:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
"Let's add some poison, shall we?"
Leonardo_thebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #113
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
I think it depends on who you ask
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #114
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

It's tough to figure out for sure.

Quote:
I like that you use science as your personal whore.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:08 AM   #115
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
Sumac's signature is equally obvious:
Your first post on this forum was basically attempt to rile up as much feathers as possible, while you were pretending to be an innocent wide-eyed victim. Totally not toxic. Especially after you have buried thread about pronounce discussion.

Look after yourself and concentrate less on what people have in their signatures, little nuisance.

Last edited by Sumac; 02-13-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #116
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Your first post on this forum was basically attempt to rile up as much feathers as possible, while you were pretending to be an innocent wide-eyed victim. Totally not toxic. Especially after you have buried thread about pronounce discussion.
and using terms like cis bro to bait people in other threads. why people like this are not banned instantly is something else that needs to be brought up at the next mod meeting. it's pretty clear they are nothing but trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I think it depends on who you ask

Obviously. although in some cases, all you have to do is read and even without tone, through the souless texts of the internet, you can kind of judge a persons intentions just by how they reply to people. like telling someone to STBeepU just because you don't like what they say. that's not exactly a happy person.

OR calling someone a woman hating troll, despite posting pretty much exactly the same type of stuff what the person you just called out as being posts.... that's not so much toxic as it is a little coo coo..

Last edited by Vegita-San; 02-13-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:03 PM   #117
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

There was ZERO intent to rile people up. There was an attempt to see how people would react, but I didn't expect such a negative reaction.
The two of you are too much. You attacked me I fought back. You don't like being called names, then don't instigate.
Respect goes a long way.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #118
sdp
-

Toxic thread in 3...2...1..

Quote:
There was ZERO intent to rile people up.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59592

Quote:
Yeah, I know I know, this thread is "stirring the pot",

Quote:
Why are guys like Vegital-san and Sumac so angry? They seem to be part of a growing wave of hatred for women, and the LGBTQ community.

Guy's? Real talk. Why so much anger? I really don't think you need a dick to play ghostbuster, do you?
It don't make sense.
Quote:

Quote:
it's just unbridled entitlement.
Quote:
Okay, we're going to take a little break... just because someone doesn't like the same thing you do, doesn't make them a bigot or racist or sexist or whatever phobic. People need to take a breath...
Old 02-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #119
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #120
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

This will be nice practice for everyone to show the mods that we can behave like adults..

So now all The Usual Suspects have to do is behave like adults.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
making complaints, upset