The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #121
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
It's sad. This guy could've been the real hero in all this. Instead, he opted to be the villain...Well, so half. At least we got the SotO score out of it.
Yeah, it's nice to hear part of it. Though my favorite cue is missing from the junkyard fight. But we did get "A New Home" out of it.

Part of me wishes he'd come back on and say "Hey my computer was broke, here's the rest of it!" But that's just wishful thinking.

By the way, it's nice to have a current thread where the people posting aren't nitpicking the classic movie to death nor acting like it's an old pair of favorite jeans that has to be replaced...
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #122
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

It really is strange. He was incredibly cool sharing what he did, but then he went completely off the grid. He probably could have made a ton of cash selling a few copies on eBay beforehand. Hopefully Roseangelo got her money back on the deal. He tried to get me to buy the discs for a few hundred bucks.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #123
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
He tried to get me to buy the discs for a few hundred bucks.
Whoah! That has shady written all over it.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #124
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Maybe a dumb idea but could a talented composer recreate the tracks from scratch? I saw a guy's video on YouTube where he recreated the campfire scene music score. It sounded very synthesized but it was a nice attempt.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:04 AM   #125
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

I went back and looked at the PMs, I was mixed up. Apologies! My memory sucks. He paid a pretty good chunk for the material, though-- $250. He wanted me to make an offer. This was the same time that Roseangelo bought the CD. He mentioned making duplicates, as well.

Ordinarily I wouldn't just go posting something that someone sent in a PM, but in this case, he ripped off one of the Dromers. Not cool! Here's the full track list. I'm pretty sure he said he did the cover design. Not sure about the track names.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Maybe a dumb idea but could a talented composer recreate the tracks from scratch? I saw a guy's video on YouTube where he recreated the campfire scene music score. It sounded very synthesized but it was a nice attempt.
Oh, the music could totally be covered and recorded, but eh-- I'm hoping for the real deal.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #126
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

"A Way Out" is probably the track I am looking for. If I remember correctly, it starts off with the "New Home" motif then transcends into a really lively action cue when Raph says something like "Step up to the bar, boys!"
Old 01-21-2017, 09:48 AM   #127
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Man, this is so depressing knowing that we could've got the music score from the 3rd movie and all the other tracks we missed from SotO. Why do people wave this **** in your face only to never release it? I'll never understand it. They probably get off on doing that kind of stuff.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #128
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

One possibility is that this guy did intend to give the scores to anyone who paid.
But then he realized that
a) One person would end up buying it and sharing it for free with everyone else
b) He might get in trouble with his "superior" (i.e. the person who gave him the score in the first place)

As I said before... there are a lot of film music diehards who do all sorts of sneaky sh!t for money and music.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #129
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

That's probably what happened. Still, I hope we get all this stuff soon.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #130
MathUser
Thug

Finally, I can listen to the iconic intro track. Thanks for upping this.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #131
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
But why didn't he look all of SotO files? Or even the third film's, which he said he has?
Yeah that's annoying. I wonder if he'll put the rest of the music up for sale. Stupid though just to leak a bit of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
"A Way Out" is probably the track I am looking for. If I remember correctly, it starts off with the "New Home" motif then transcends into a really lively action cue when Raph says something like "Step up to the bar, boys!"
That's my favourite bit of music too! It ends with Tokka or Rahzar jumping into the manhole with Mike tickling his feet.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #132
at478
Random Punk

i just spoke to varese today and told them they should release the scores to tmnt 1-3 by john du prez and they told me great suggestion we'll pass it along and let you know when we release them.
at478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #133
TheSkeletonMan939

That's what they feel obligated to say to everyone who has a "suggestion".
Old 03-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #134
at478
Random Punk

yep unfortunately it feels like a robot
Old 03-28-2017, 09:50 PM   #135
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

For me, La La Land delivers. They give decent quantities for these releases. I feel like with Varese, these would be limited to 1500 or 2000. LLL would most likely give them a reasonable 3000. Intrada would probably low ball it, but they have a deal where they can press more if it sells out, which angered a lot of collector types because "snarf snarf, the little number on the back means nothing now." That's why I can't stand collector types. They care about what it looks like on the shelf and its monetary value. Forget that. I just want the music, man.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #136
at478
Random Punk

soon my friend hopefully soon
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #137
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
That's what they feel obligated to say to everyone who has a "suggestion".
Not necessarily, if I'm lucky La-La-Land come back to me with "I don't see why not if enough people want it".
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #138
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Not necessarily, if I'm lucky La-La-Land come back to me with "I don't see why not if enough people want it".
La La Land is a little more down to earth with its fanbase. Intraday as well, to a degree. Varese has been in the soundtrack game for a very long time. They are somewhat casual on their Facebook page sometimes, but with suggestions, they still give you the blandly written blanket answers that sound like they come from robots.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:16 AM   #139
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

4-LP vinyl release, FLAC file download, original unit photography for the jacket-- MAKE IT SO!!!!
Old 03-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #140
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The question is, "DO enough people want it?" Very hard to gauge sometimes. Every project is a gamble unless it's something like John Williams.