The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Final few volumes of TMNTA reprints

They sure are dragging these out, huh? The most recent volume was released in Sept '16, and the next two are not until this May and Sept.

Nitpicks like price (usually lower on Amazon) and skipping the Mid East arc, which we have beaten to death with opinions in other threads, I have to commend IDW for their efforts in keeping story arcs contained within the same volumes. For example, the earlier issues that overlapped with the Mutanimals 3-issue mini series, the recent inclusion of the Megadeath backup stories, etc.

So, Vol 13 is in May and looks to include TMNT 55-57 and MM 8-9. 55-57 represent the Terracide arc. I can see why MM 9 was included, as it reintroduced Slash prior to Terracide. However, I am curious why MM 8 was included, as a peak at the review at TMNTEntity reminded me it was simply a Man Ray / Capt. Mossback issue and would have fit better at the end of the 4 Horsemen story a few volumes back, as the issue begins with Kid Terra still having a bullet in him... Its not like these trades have included every issue of MM (I wish they did - it was only 9 issues total) Maybe issue 8 is included just to give the MM some more "screen time" before the events of Terracide.

Vol 14 is coming in Sept and looks to include TMNT 58-61, which includes all four parts of Blindsight (well, a prelude with early year Turtles, the two-issue arc, and the follow-up with Turtle Island).

I'm thinking (hoping) the last few volumes go like this:

Vol 15: May 2018?? hah. Cyber Samurai arc (5 issues). I wonder if it would include the April / Angel Gabriel back-up stories. Also, considering the more mature content in this arc (Hitler, Raph's gun, etc), I'll be wondering if they even release this arc or not...

Vol 16: Sept 2018? LOL. Moon Eyes arc (4 issues) and Early Years (final 2 issues). This would be a six-issue volume, but they've done that once before, I think. If they really wanted, they could keep this at 4 issues with Moon-Eyes saga and drag it out to a 17th volume with Early Years (2 issues) and either Year of the Turtle, the missed MM issues, the skipped mid-east arc, the first April miniseries (no no no, not May East Saga....) etc.

Any thoughts from fellow fans?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:18 AM   #2
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

I like your layout for the next few volumes. For me as long as they make it to the end of the series I could careless how they do it, just as long as they DO IT and don't leave us hanging with a handful of issues left uncollected.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
I like your layout for the next few volumes. For me as long as they make it to the end of the series I could careless how they do it, just as long as they DO IT and don't leave us hanging with a handful of issues left uncollected.
Cyber Samurai will be the curious one.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote