The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #21
Allio
Foot Elite

Well we know anno is a toku fan. Evangel ion is filled with ultraman stuff
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #22
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

movie was great go see it!

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #23
Allio
Foot Elite

saw the film yesterday, really enjoyed it.

Kamata-kun was adorable.

Also, Anime Godzilla (finally) film will be coming out next year. it will be done by Gen Urobutcher (Madoka Magica, Kamen Rider Gaim, and Thunderbolt Fantasy)
Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #24
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
saw the film yesterday, really enjoyed it.

Kamata-kun was adorable.

Also, Anime Godzilla (finally) film will be coming out next year. it will be done by Gen Urobutcher (Madoka Magica, Kamen Rider Gaim, and Thunderbolt Fantasy)
awesome... my bro loved it i was surprised because he was reluctant to go at first...

i'm contemplating seeing it again...

might be my first bluray purchase!

haha peace

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #25
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The Humanoid Evolution of ‘Shin Godzilla’ is Both Male and Female?!

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #26
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Just realized that I never posted my thoughts on this movie. Eh, late is better than never, right?
I'm not a big fan of Godzilla, but I've always liked him. I've read some of his comics, I know some of his history, and I have fond memories of watching old Godzilla movies as a little kid, and this movie certainly took me back to those times. The newest U.S. 'Zilla movie was good in its own right, but didn't really have that Godzilla movie "feel", mostly because it didn't come from Toho, it came from some other company. That alone contributed to this movie feeling more legitimate. Also the fact that an actual person acted as Godzilla. While it wasn't a guy in a suit, which is disappointing, motion capture along with CGI and puppetry made for a classic feeling Godzilla. Godzilla's design itself is stunning, a truly terrifying looking creature that provides plenty of menace. I loved the evolving angle of Godzilla, it added so much to the film, making everything that the humans try to do seem hopeless. Here we have an enormous monster that is constantly evolving, adapting to everything they throw at him, things couldn't be worse for Japan, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Godzilla's atomic breath was breathtaking (pun not intended), and made for my favorite scene in the movie. The way they defeated Gojira might've seemed silly to some, but the original films were too, so I liked it. The final shot of the movie, focusing on Godzilla's tail, was pretty deep. Godzilla, always evolving through whatever they throw at him, attempted to evolve one last time before his defeat, evolving into the one thing that defeated him: man. I hope this gets touched upon if they decide to make a sequel. Overall a fantastic movie that I seriously recommend.

Makes sense, considering that evolution would've probably dominated mankind, and he'd certainly would've wanted to keep procreating.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:56 PM   #27
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I managed to see one of the few screenings in my area, and seriously lamented that I wasn't able to make another showing. I'm dying for this one on blu-ray. I liked it at least as much as the original.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:38 AM   #28
Allio
Foot Elite

Yeah, we will probably be waiting until the fall. Japan will probably release their copies and then ask funimation to wait so that they can make sure to get their sells.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

So that Godzilla is a Hermaphrodite then.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I just watched the movie and it's amazing, right from the start it's amazing, and the trailer didn't dissapoint as it delivered exactly what I wanted. When it comes to Godzilla there is one simple fact, the movies that only have him as the main threat are the best, this is exactly what I wanted from Godzilla 2014 which I thought was ok when I watched it but now I can say it was a big disappointment, I even passed watching it in theaters a second time for free and I'm sure if I'd liked it I would've done it, even The Force Awakens which I did not like I was willing to see it again when it was free.

They were able to make a giant mosnter in a city menacing something that is almost impossible in today's age. I felt bad for Godzilla and also for the people of Japan. One thing I did notice is the lack of people dying, sure some people die and no I didn't expect to see tons of people dying on screen but some acknowledgement of "thousands have died", the way they avoided things like that made it seem a "good thing they had a parachute" level of censoring.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #31
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Yes, They’re Making a Sequel to the Japanese ‘Godzilla’ Reboot

Old 03-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #32
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

YESS!!!
We need more of these films! Bring on more Shin Godzilla!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Will it be a sequel to Shin Gojira or just another movie though, the article states and translates as a sequel to Shin Gojira but then again that same article falsely reports a new Netflix series which is only a movie and one that was produced before Netflix was even in the equation.

I don't know if I'd want a sequel to Shin or for them to do their own things like the millenium series. I feel a sequel as awesome as it would be would just not be necessary in that universe. I think I'd rather have a bunch of different takes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:56 PM   #34
Allio
Foot Elite

Well, if it is a sequel and they have him fight other monsters, hopefully they can make it work. Problem with the suit is it seemed to be the least mobile godzilla suit to date, even. worst than Heisei films (which just became beam struggles because of suits)
Old 03-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #35
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Will it be a sequel to Shin Gojira or just another movie though, the article states and translates as a sequel to Shin Gojira but then again that same article falsely reports a new Netflix series which is only a movie and one that was produced before Netflix was even in the equation.

I don't know if I'd want a sequel to Shin or for them to do their own things like the millenium series. I feel a sequel as awesome as it would be would just not be necessary in that universe. I think I'd rather have a bunch of different takes.
That Netflix movie would be this

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...mages#/slide/1

Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #36
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Behind the Scenes Footage Shows Unused ‘Shin Godzilla’ Puppet
http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/...dzilla-puppet/

Old 07-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So that Godzilla is a Hermaphrodite then.
So was the Matthew Broderick one.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #38
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘Shin Godzilla’ Sequel Cannot Be Made Until After 2020
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...not-made-2020/

Old 07-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #39
Allio
Foot Elite

not surprising at all. Especially considering that on the plate we have the godzilla anime film as well as Godzilla 2 and Kong vs Godzilla. You don't want them to interfere with one another.

Tags
cuckzilla