The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #181
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You've never heard of European culture? Or the 60's? Woodstock?

Oh you sweet summer (90s) child.
GoT reference! Sorry I can't contain my hype
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

Am I the only one who still hopes this movie turns out good, or at least not terrible? I really want a decent Wonder Woman film. If it can at least be "average" I'll take it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #183
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Am I the only one who still hopes this movie turns out good, or at least not terrible? I really want a decent Wonder Woman film. If it can at least be "average" I'll take it.
Mi amore and I are both there opening night. I think it'll be 4 out of 5 stars... hoping for more is unrealistic. And I'm braced for "average."
Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #184
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I'm expecting 2/3 of the film to be dull, colorless, and crappy, but I'm hoping the opening Themyscira bit will be visually fun. That's all I ask.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #185
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

Where were you then, PC?
Prepubescent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Or rather, where were the rest of your hive-mind drones?
Drones are male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I'm expecting 2/3 of the film to be dull, colorless, and crappy, but I'm hoping the opening Themyscira bit will be visually fun. That's all I ask.
Visually fun, but not actually fun.
DCU doesn't allow for fun.
It's dour man-pain and daddy-issues all the way down.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #186
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Visually fun, but not actually fun.
DCU doesn't allow for fun.
It's dour man-pain and daddy-issues all the way down.
yeah, pretty much

I'm hoping WW is the first DCU movie to turn that around
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #187
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Also, I'd imagine Connie Nielsen's Hippolyta will be less cringe worthy than Cloris Leachman's rendition in the TV show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; 03-23-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Wrong actor info
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #188
TheSkeletonMan939

Didn't the director or someone start out saying, "it's a gritty, realistic take on the character" and then a few months later (after SS got shat on by everyone) do a complete 180? "Oh it's super fun lololol!!"
You can see them trying to cram in what they mistakenly see as 'humor' at the end of each trailer. Worst-case-scenario, it's a bizarre mish-mash of humor and solemnity.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #189
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Worst-case-scenario, it's a bizarre mish-mash of humor and solemnity.
I guess it would go well with a lot of the recent New 52/Rebirth era comics, then

None of the trailers so far have really disappointed me. It still seems like this project has more of a distinctly recognizable focus than Suicide Squad, BvS, or the promotional material so far for Justice League.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #190
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Drones are male.
No true Scots(wo)man?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #191
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Final Trailer
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #192
Antrax
Hench Mutant

It might be because of the previous DC films, but I am not too exited about this movie. I am going opening night and hoping for the best because my favorite parts of BvS were her and Batman.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #193
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This movie is going to bomb and the internet will blame DC and WB instead of facing the reality that no one wants to see a Wonder Woman movie.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #194
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This movie is going to bomb and the internet will blame DC and WB instead of facing the reality that no one wants to see a Wonder Woman movie.
Plenty of people want to see a Wonder Woman movie I included. Its not going to bomb.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #195
TheSkeletonMan939

It looks like this film is going to give us another blue energy beam in the sky!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #196
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Honestly, every piece of publicity I've seen for this film looks very legit. I appreciate that they didn't reveal too much of the plot.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #197
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
If you think a majority of people aren't hopeful (if not outright excited) about a female-led A-list comic book movie, you're up to your neck in sand and doing a headstand.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #198
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

For right now I'm ignoring the marketing campaign and negativity, and even the people trying to find negativity in WB's agenda where there probably isn't any. I want Wonder Woman to work, I really do. Totally open to it and I want to give it 100% of a chance. Gal Gadot is mesmerizing and WW is a movie that shouldn't just now be being made in 2017 after 3 Batman reboots and 2 1/2 Superman reboots in my lifetime alone. Crazy.

Now, saying that, if I go and see it and it stinks, I will rip it a new one like anything else.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #199
TheSkeletonMan939

I too want to see a good Wonder Woman film on the big screen, and I actually have some temperate hopes for it. Maybe - just maybe - it won't stink. Maybe it might even find a way to surprise me. I can only hope.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #200
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Wonder Woman is iconic but she's not on the same level of popularity as other female superheroes like say Batgirl, Catwoman and even Black Widow.

We've had female superhero movies before and they've all failed, that's because superhero movies mostly attract males and I females tag along and like the movies more than I would've thought so but even then they seem to enjoy the male superheroes and don't really necessarily want a female one to lead the movie

Wonder Woman's origin, rogues, cast is just not that great or relatable. People in general don't like magic and prefer more science fiction "realistic" superheroes. Sure Marvel made Thor and Dr. Strange work but Thor explained magic as technology while Dr. Strange had the benefit of being released when Marvel Studios was a name associated with quality. The trailers make it seem like it's Captain America and Thor in one movie in terms of plot.

There really is an anti-DC sentiment that is online means they will rip the movie apart just for being DC and not Marvel. It's there even if people deny the Marvel bias but it's similarly to how Nintendo games get rated much higher than other companies. It's a general bias that no one seems to want to call out for whatever reason. Not saying they're bad products but they do get a bump up. I already see people blaming DC that they're messing up the marketing, now DC has made a ton of mistakes but I really don't think that if WW fails it'll be because of anything WB did.

Granted my track record in predicting how movies will do at the Box Office have been incorrect for a few years now so I don't have the best track record so far but I stand by what I posted above.

Last edited by sdp; 05-07-2017 at 10:01 PM.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wonder woman