The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Northampton Arc 19 40.43%
Space Arc 28 59.57%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2017, 12:40 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Northampton Arc vs Space Arc

Title says all. Which one do you prefer from this show?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:12 AM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Space Arc. Northampton Arc was like watching Paint Dry
Old 02-26-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I liked stuff about both. I liked the creepiness of the North Hampton arc (Dream Beavers ep I will forever love), but I enjoyed the exploration of the Space arc...

Man, we need a third option...neutral. I think I like both about the same.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:58 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Space arc was much better overall obviously. I did still like a number of the Northampton eps aside from the Bigfoot one.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:28 AM   #5
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Northampton had one decent episode.

Space arc had none.

So.

Yeah.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:58 AM   #6
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Northampton bored me, Space Arc was decent (also I am an nutter for space battles and astronomy/astrophysics) so I voted Space Arc
Old 02-26-2017, 03:39 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Outer space

Outer space
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:11 AM   #8
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I honestly don't like either. Both are excessive in length and get mundane after a while personally. However, the concepts were there, just the execution wasn't up to snub.

In terms of "fun" as well as episodes, I much prefer Northampton. I'm more of a horror guy than I am a sci-fi fan. The guest voices were solid as well, especially getting Robert Englund for In Dreams. At the same time, I also didn't like Northampton due to its story placement. With the exception of Vision Quest, none fully impacted the overarching narrative, even if Within the Woods and A Foot Too Big contributed to future episodes such as Creepweed for the former and the Donatello and April "relationship." I think it could've been condensed or better set up though, just a bit excessive with all the horror tributes almost being back to back.

As for the space arc... man, it got boring. Amazing animation, introductions to old school favorites like Dregg, Armaggon, and even Wyrm, and has the occasional funny moment. Otherwise, I don't like most of the episodes; they weren't as noteworthy as some of the later entries in season 4. It could've been so much more, just feels like it was missing something entirely.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Although both story arcs dragged and overstayed their welcome, I say that the Northampton arc is "better" if only for the weird Horror themed episodes and the fact that it dragged less.

The Space arc brought us some unique looking worlds and started with some sense of uregency, but devoting almost half of Season 4 to the arc led to it loose steam quickly.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #10
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Moreover, Northampton only makes up 1/3rd of Season 3, whereas the first half of Season 4 is devoted to the Space Arc.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

I liked several Northampton episodes, but they totally bungled it as an arc. I know it's not fair to compare this show to Mirage, but their exile isn't supposed to be about 80's horror homages. And the biggest whiff was the campfire scene. I get teared up during that scene in 1990 movie every time. The Nick take basically just has Splinter giving them a halfhearted pep talk.

The space arc went on too long, but I LOVED Tennant as Fugitoid. They also ditched the boring ass Federation and some of the alien planets were truly beautiful.

So I'd say Northampton had 3 good episodes out if 8, and the Space arc had 8 good episodes out of 14.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the space eps were good except for the one they delved into Mikey's mind which was just meh.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Space arch. It gave them something other to do than hide. Sometimes in Northhampton, it just seemed like they had gone on vacation, after Leonardo recovered from his injuries. The Bigfoot story was cringey, and the horror elements didn't really do it for me - considering that I can't even stand to watch horror films as a whole.

Granted, its sense of time travel was half-baked, especially while they had THE DOCTOR with them. Someone who should have lifted a finger and said "Um...no."

Obviously, the biggest thing for me was that it finally established that Utroms were a thing and "the Kraang" were just a mind-controlled majority group. And gave us two females in one episode - some thing I don't think any TMNT story has done.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hm, also forgot how Seth Green's Leo sounded a bit off in the Northampton episodes, which is understandable as it was the first time he was voicing the character.

Really shows how much Seth improved.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #15
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All the space eps were good except for the one they delved into Mikey's mind which was just meh.
Beyond the Known Universe, Wyrm, Riddle of the Aeons, Revenge of the Triceratons and Evil of Dregg are all complete ass.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wyrm was alright, just a fun silly episode.

Riddle of the Aeons dealing with those bat aliens, I don't remember that one being too bad. I don't even remember what Revenge of the Triceratons was.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Hm, also forgot how Seth Green's Leo sounded a bit off in the Northampton episodes, which is understandable as it was the first time he was voicing the character.

Really shows how much Seth improved.
Well technically speaking, didn't he voice Leo in Robot Chicken parodies?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #18
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
In your opinion. I felt the ep revealed quite a bit about Mikey that was interesting to me. The biggest part of his personality was rage/anger, but unlike Raph, he has really good control over it because he hates how it makes him feel. Due to his concentrating on controlling that, he doesn't have as much control over the other parts.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #19
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Northampton was super boring with one, maybe two good episodes.

The Space Arc was consistently hilariously bad and almost makes me laugh how much it makes me cringe now that it's over.

The Space Arc has my vote simply for that entertainment value.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #20
picassotheninjaturtle
Thug

Northampton was boring, wasted, and only had one episode relevant to the plot. It reverted to the"monster of the week" episodes again. Trash. The Space Arc was better, I've always been a sucker for sci-fi adventures, but also had poorly used episodes and cheesy, predictable outcomes.