The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #301
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I looked for a pre-order but couldn't find it on Amazon.
Btw, do people think this is likely a PG13 like some of the other DC animated movies?
I think it'll be more violent than normal TMNT stuff we've seen from the viacom era, but no way it's as violent as the DC animated movies either to Andrew's disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The only thing BATMAN/TMNT would be testing the water for is BATMAN/TMNT II.
I'd love to see Batman/TMNT II animated, but I also think that if this is very successful, Viacom might want to give it their own shot at direct to video TMNT stuff.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:40 PM   #302
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'd love to see Batman/TMNT II animated,
Have you actually read that thing?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 PM   #303
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Have you actually read that thing?
I haven't read any of the TMNT/Batman crossovers, I think it's a dumb crossover though I"m sure I'll read them one day. I would indeed want a second TMNT/Batman film just because it's refreshing to see something not done by viacom. I'm sure if it gets made and the comic sucks so much they'll just do their own thing anyway.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #304
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I agree. I absolutely hate Bane with an exposed mouth. It always looks dumb. Outside of the showmanship of wrestling, Luchamask don't look good. Totally out of place for a character like Bane. I think it was Batman TAS that did the luchador Bane mask thing. I remember reading on a forum years ago, that Bane's mask was never intended to be a luchador mask. The shape is of a symbol for something that has some meaning that I long sense forgot. I wish I saved what I read so I could remember it. While I'm not going to claim that I know that to be true, it made sense to me.

As for this. It looks okay I guess. It does seem a little too villain heavy. I wish that they only stuck with Shredder and Ra's Al Ghul.
Yeah, but the comic was also villain heavy.... and you know people would complain if the Joker wasn't in there somewhere.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #305
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I think it'll be more violent than normal TMNT stuff we've seen from the viacom era, but no way it's as violent as the DC animated movies either to Andrew's disappointment.

I'd love to see Batman/TMNT II animated, but I also think that if this is very successful, Viacom might want to give it their own shot at direct to video TMNT stuff.
Quote:
I haven't read any of the TMNT/Batman crossovers, I think it's a dumb crossover though I"m sure I'll read them one day. I would indeed want a second TMNT/Batman film just because it's refreshing to see something not done by viacom. I'm sure if it gets made and the comic sucks so much they'll just do their own thing anyway.
Uhm... OK. I doubt that's a very typical reason for wanting something.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #306
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Cover Art for the 4k release

Spoiler:
Old 03-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #307
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Also, we have an official date: May 14th for Digital HD and June 4th for the various Blu-rays.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:32 PM   #308
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

I can get on board with the design of Batman and 3 of the Turtles but what the hell happened to Donnie?!
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #309
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Cover Art for the 4k release

Take a look at Mikey's forearm muscles, they're way bigger than his biceps.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #310
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Take a look at Mikey's forearm muscles, they're way bigger than his biceps.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #311
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Now I kind of want a TMNT/Popeye crossover. Shame that the United States is just about the only place in the world where Popeye isn't public domain, otherwise such athing could have easily been made.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #312
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw a pic somewhere that showed the same of Donnie. What...

Popeye arms, congestive heart failure patient ankles/legs... I know they're mutant Turtles and all, but maybe an anatomy class refresh would be a reasonable thought.

I guess that's the one thing I can say of 'Rise,' they at least have reasonable ankles.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #313
Leo656
The Franchise

Reading the Comments on the official Facebook for this is like reading the ramblings of a bunch of over-stimulated dolphins who somehow learned how to type with their flippers.

"OMG d00d Shredder n Joker gun team up I waited my whole life for dis dawg hells YES can't wait"

Nice to see the average TMNT fan doing God's work and raising the bar for intelligent discourse, as usual.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #314
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Reading the Comments on the official Facebook for this is like reading the ramblings of a bunch of over-stimulated dolphins who somehow learned how to type with their flippers.

"OMG d00d Shredder n Joker gun team up I waited my whole life for dis dawg hells YES can't wait"

Nice to see the average TMNT fan doing God's work and raising the bar for intelligent discourse, as usual.
Watch out for the PLANTS.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:19 PM   #315
Leo656
The Franchise

No, no... I think the plants would actually understand how grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation work.

Based on the average level of combined functional illiteracy and embarrassing over-enthusiasm the average TMNT fanatic on FB typically displays, I'm pretty certain most if not all of these posts were legit.

This is how I typically feel whenever I read the Comments on anything TMNT-related on social media:

Mean, perhaps, but I just work with what people give me, y'know?

Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #316
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
No, no... I think the plants would actually understand how grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation work.
No, no, grasshopper. I mean, they do understand how all of those four things work. They intentionally break them to appear as "average, random target demographic person #405932."

Which isn't to say there aren't real people posting real stuff who type like that.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:52 PM   #317
Leo656
The Franchise

You're probably right, people definitely do that, but again I highly doubt it's 99 out of every 100 people.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. And the simplest explanation is, "TMNT fans on FB are generally way too excited by simplistic, mediocre fan-wank, and also quite often ain't great wit' da book learnin'."

The TMNT fans with the absolute highest-level intelligence all post in this place, and let's be honest, collectively this fandom is a pretty "C+" kinda group. And that's generally thanks to a select number of "A+ Students" who skew the curve upwards.

The fact that they get so hard for stories that read/play like a little kid narrating his action figure wars kinda says it all, don't ya think?

"An' THEN, an' then ALL the Turtles and ALL the Robins all teamed up with Batman an' like, TOTALLY beat up like a BAZILLION Foot Soldiers and like ALL Batman's bad guys too, and THEN they all teamed up and fought Darth Vader and all the Star Wars guys! PEW PEW, KABOOOOOOOOM!!! AWESOME!!!!"

Old 03-15-2019, 12:32 AM   #318
snake
Disgusting

I have no idea how this franchise even still has the fanbase it does considering how stagnant it is. Rise is literally the best thing that's happened to TMNT in a long time, and ya'll are sleeping on it because you want the same f*cking thing over and over again.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:35 AM   #319
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
You're probably right, people definitely do that, but again I highly doubt it's 99 out of every 100 people.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. And the simplest explanation is, "TMNT fans on FB are generally way too excited by simplistic, mediocre fan-wank, and also quite often ain't great wit' da book learnin'."

The TMNT fans with the absolute highest-level intelligence all post in this place, and let's be honest, collectively this fandom is a pretty "C+" kinda group. And that's generally thanks to a select number of "A+ Students" who skew the curve upwards.

The fact that they get so hard for stories that read/play like a little kid narrating his action figure wars kinda says it all, don't ya think?

"An' THEN, an' then ALL the Turtles and ALL the Robins all teamed up with Batman an' like, TOTALLY beat up like a BAZILLION Foot Soldiers and like ALL Batman's bad guys too, and THEN they all teamed up and fought Darth Vader and all the Star Wars guys! PEW PEW, KABOOOOOOOOM!!! AWESOME!!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I have no idea how this franchise even still has the fanbase it does considering how stagnant it is. Rise is literally the best thing that's happened to TMNT in a long time, and ya'll are sleeping on it because you want the same f*cking thing over and over again.
Such real talk in both posts.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:08 AM   #320
Chet
Thug

I'm excited for this movie, and I usually don't care much about animation. I like the new designs too (not saying these new ones are the best though).
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote