The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #761
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmntfan4life View Post
There actually is a new character in this wave bullhop the bumbling bull and then after this wave hypno potamus should show up in the next wave as well 😀👍🐢🐢🐢🐢

Good to know, thanks!

I'll be getting both of those for sure.
TMNTFanatic4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:13 AM   #762
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Good to know, thanks!

I'll be getting both of those for sure.
No probles, happy to help 🤗🐢🐢🐢🐢
Tmntfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #763
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Found the 2 bug busters and 2 dons at walmart yesterday but no Bullhop who I really wanted.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:46 AM   #764
DVD
Mad Scientist

It’s all been done before...
...but I can’t resist the exclusive figure!!

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #765
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Well, we have 2 skateboard variants from the 2012 line...now with this we just need 1 more and all 4 bros can have their own board/ramp? And there you have your rationalization, you're welcome. :p

I also found bug busters / don shell variants yesterday. Based on everyone else finding them it is safe to say Bullhop was not in this wave. Also, based on the fact that they include pizza points, the theory I think I saw here that the Albearto & Ft. Lieutenant are HTF because of a pizza point removal recall is bunk. And I still haven't seen those two ANYWHERE... There's too big of a glut of first wavers around here. Definitely oversold. I think this line may die soon enough...but then we haven't gone through a proper Christmas season yet since the show got exposure and the toys came out so we'll see I guess?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #766
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...FB22F57963.jpg
I actually might consider getting that
Old 08-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #767
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I finally found Rise figures in a store. Found the 4-pack of the Basic figures for 499NOK, which isn't too bad considering online I'd have to get shipping and import tax, it kinda evens it out and I have them now in-hand.

What I do like is the articulation scheme and the weapons are neat, although I'm gonna remove the flame effect on Leo's blue sword cause the regular one is too small.

What I don't like... The sculpt is super soft and way off, feels very flat/squashed as well, like Raph's shell looks squashed. Donnie's tech shell as well and it doesn't cover his real shell all that well, Mikey's shell is too small as well. weird open hands (but the BS figures have that too)

They're definitively is going to be gutted for the torso, and I'll pit the Battle Shells limbs, plastron and carapace on the basic body. Except for Raph, BS Raph is as good as he gets for now, so all I'll do there is removing the shell hinge and glue the shell shut. The shell is easy to separate, it's held to the figure with a screw and then I'll shave off the hinge part on the carapace itself.

Basic Leo don't have a neck, though, so he looks a bit awkward, not sure how to fix that.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #768
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I finally found Rise figures in a store. Found the 4-pack of the Basic figures for 499NOK, which isn't too bad considering online I'd have to get shipping and import tax, it kinda evens it out and I have them now in-hand.

What I do like is the articulation scheme and the weapons are neat, although I'm gonna remove the flame effect on Leo's blue sword cause the regular one is too small.

What I don't like... The sculpt is super soft and way off, feels very flat/squashed as well, like Raph's shell looks squashed. Donnie's tech shell as well and it doesn't cover his real shell all that well, Mikey's shell is too small as well. weird open hands (but the BS figures have that too)

They're definitively is going to be gutted for the torso, and I'll pit the Battle Shells limbs, plastron and carapace on the basic body. Except for Raph, BS Raph is as good as he gets for now, so all I'll do there is removing the shell hinge and glue the shell shut. The shell is easy to separate, it's held to the figure with a screw and then I'll shave off the hinge part on the carapace itself.

Basic Leo don't have a neck, though, so he looks a bit awkward, not sure how to fix that.

Where did you find the 4 pack?i did find the single relase on ekstra leker and ringo.149 at el and 159 at ringo.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #769
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
Where did you find the 4 pack?i did find the single relase on ekstra leker and ringo.149 at el and 159 at ringo.
The toystore in Lillemarkens Kristiansand, i dont remember its name, it’s been changed so many times.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #770
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The toystore in Lillemarkens Kristiansand, i dont remember its name, it’s been changed so many times.
👍🏻Thank you i know the store. gone look ther next time i am In town
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:57 AM   #771
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Finally something new at my normal Walmart! There were two each of the Leo and Raph figures and just one each of the Donnie figures on the pegs. I thought cases were eight figures, but I don't know. I didn't see any Bullhops.

There were also two of the Big Blaster vehicles. They have the worst figure face I have ever seen. It is like somebody tried to use a razor blade to modify the head and that is how they went into production. Both at the store looked that same.

Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:03 AM   #772
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

What's even the point of the peg holes in Battle Shell Don's shellpack when the Basic Don's drone don't actually fit and stay on
Old 08-27-2019, 08:35 AM   #773
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

The eyes are way off on that exclusive vehicle pack-in Donnie, which is a common problem on all of these figures as far as I've seen...

Man, they are fueling the line so far on Donnie re-issues alone, never seen that strategy before. Maybe they finally figured out that us nerds who love Donnie tend to be the ones with all the spendin' money nowadays??? Lol.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #774
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Has anyone actually seen Bullhop in the wild? I’m wondering if maybe he’s not in the case assortments.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:22 AM   #775
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Are these 2 Dons really chase figures? I ask because I saw one of each at 2 different Walmart’s this morning and if they are indeed chases then I will grab them, lol
Old 08-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #776
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Has anyone actually seen Bullhop in the wild? I’m wondering if maybe he’s not in the case assortments.
I haven’t and looking on Ebay.....nothing. He will probably be in the next new wave.

It’s interesting that I found the newest wave with the Chases at Walmart but they never got Albearto and Foot Lt. around here. I found those 2 at a Meier store.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:13 PM   #777
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
I haven’t and looking on Ebay.....nothing. He will probably be in the next new wave.

It’s interesting that I found the newest wave with the Chases at Walmart but they never got Albearto and Foot Lt. around here. I found those 2 at a Meier store.
My normal Walmart got in one case of Wave 2 figures that included Albearto and Foot Lt. and they never got in any of the Battle Shells. Then that was it for new stuff since December I think. They kept getting more and more Wave 1 cases. Then out of the blue they got this case in, but I don't know what the case count actually is. I thought that of the couple cases of Wave 1 I was able to open myself, there were eight figures per case.

I thought that the spider arms one was the chase, but I don't think if they are actually any more uncommon then anything in Wave 2 at this point.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #778
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
My normal Walmart got in one case of Wave 2 figures that included Albearto and Foot Lt. and they never got in any of the Battle Shells. Then that was it for new stuff since December I think. They kept getting more and more Wave 1 cases. Then out of the blue they got this case in, but I don't know what the case count actually is. I thought that of the couple cases of Wave 1 I was able to open myself, there were eight figures per case.
I thought that the spider arms one was the chase, but I don't think if they are actually any more uncommon then anything in Wave 2 at this point.
I could be way wrong but if what I read off sites that had the toy fair 19 info, the 2 Dons are the chase figures.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #779
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Finally something new at my normal Walmart! There were two each of the Leo and Raph figures and just one each of the Donnie figures on the pegs. I thought cases were eight figures, but I don't know. I didn't see any Bullhops.

There were also two of the Big Blaster vehicles. They have the worst figure face I have ever seen. It is like somebody tried to use a razor blade to modify the head and that is how they went into production. Both at the store looked that same.

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...pszqeiu0p4.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...psv2qupbra.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...pst5tpu3xb.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...pstwo1qh2u.png
Need the Spidey Don
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:11 AM   #780
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Old news for most BUT the Storage shell figures along with foot Lt and Albearto have shown up at walmarts in Canada FINALLY
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys