The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #1
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

The Quartering critisizes IDW Turtles

So this guy isn't a fan of ninja turtles. But he is claiming that because Jennika is a turtle, the entire comic must be "woke" sjw garbage. He says "what happened to the ninja turtles?" But its incredibly obvious that he doesn't read the comics.

The main criticism I see from him and others is that Jennika isn't pretty. People want her to look like Venus, when years and years ago people hated the mere existence of that character. Also how dare the reptile monster not have boobs. Am I Rite guys??

He calls the IDW comic trash even though it is devastatingly obvious that he doesn't read it. This is infuriating. He needs to keep his mouth shut. He has no idea what he is talking about.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 07-17-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Yeah, this kinda crap pops up whenever anything related to women or any sort of inclusive content happens in comics. Best to just ignore these big babies and let them yell into their cameras.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I woudn't take these youtubers seriously. They make a living on posting negative videos. In fact CNet did a hit piece about these Youtubers.
https://www.cnet.com/news/meet-the-a...ge-into-views/
Old 07-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #4
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Yeah, this kinda crap pops up whenever anything related to women or any sort of inclusive content happens in comics. Best to just ignore these big babies and let them yell into their cameras.

I just thought that tmnt fans were the kind to be aware of the fact that turtle tits are a stupid idea best left on DeviantArt? Apparently not.

^^^^
Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

[This got long, sorry.]

Cripe, what do people really expect a female Turtle to look like? "She doesn't have human characteristics! This CONFUSES me! #HATEIT"

Generally, I wasn't in support of adding a female Turtle again. I don't hate Venus, she kind of got shorted on what she really could have been (sans reptile boobs), but how they went about her is annoying and Jennika here is, at least at this point in time of very limited information and insight, miles beyond her.

It gets a little old that male characters tend to get to be normal, basic characters and everyone assumes they're a guy... but in order for anyone to feel like they can even understand that one is a girl she has to be given stereotypical gender signifiers or unnatural human ones if they aren't human.

But on the occasion where it isn't made obvious in the way that everyone is so used to, it really only matters for, what, only a minute until the media points it out? Tigress from Kung Fu Panda has always been a good (and sadly rare) example of this, imo. Because of how things typically tend to be done, did I realize at first that she's a SHE? No... But the minute they call her by her name and use "her" and she" well then you know she's a she, no big deal, moving on. (And it's cool that a tiger wasn't given weird human characteristics so an audience, presumed to be dumb apparently, can figure it out.)

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if male characters were forced into a particular gender "uniform" so we can be SURE to know that they're guys. Like, from now on, ALL males will wear a bow tie (forget the masks, all boy Turtles get their signature colored bow ties from now on!) as a male signifying accessory; if they are a species that normally doesn't have hair, they will and it will be a distinguishable human male haircut; and 75% of their clothing color palette will consist of the color red with orange and white as complimenting highlights.

As for my own opinion of Jennika at the moment... I'm a little concerned she could end up Mary Sued (I mean the number of weapons seems a little much...?) or forced to be someone's girlfriend (other than Casey), but at this point in time I actually kinda like her. I wouldn't have thought I'd like a new girl Turtle joining the gang, but going about it from this angle is kind of cool and helps that she sort of already has a background established.

My inner child is kind of digging this, because in a way, she's kind of a long ago childhood dream vicariously come true. A lot of kids back in the day (as I'm sure kids still now) wanted to be them, girls included; though as a girl, even though the guys were just as relatable, that kiddie wish always felt a step further away. Didn't help that back then the female representation tended to be all human.

Even, as the fan kid representatives, Zach comes around and wears a mask and is the honorary "fifth Turtle," but his friend Caitlyn shows up just once and corrects Zach, saying that, no, she doesn't want to be a Turtle like the actual Turtles... she wants to be a "Turtle... like April." So, no, girl viewer, you are a girl, so you can't actually be like them.

But then Jennika comes along and is a human woman who gets to be one of them. And I have to be honest, that inner kid is, for the time being, grinning a little.

And heck, I'm not even a official reader of IDW, only just peeking at some of it now and then and have the gist of what's going on at present. Someday I'll probably pick it up more, maybe. (Will be curious to see if she ever goes through a period of doing the Foot Turtle thing herself, maybe not through brain washing but perhaps being torn between 'worlds.')
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:25 PM   #6
Allio
Foot Elite

I've actually been surprised over the positivity from these kinds of videos. YellowFlash, someone that is just as negative as Quartering, was actually giving it a "Looks fine to me"
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always have no clue who these random youtube people are and why people care about them. They're no different than someone ranting on a message board, only it's in video form so it reaches more people.

Seriously, today's youtubers are like the old ranting posters on message boards in the early 2000's...only it's a bigger deal due to how mainstream youtube and then social media is compared to confined forums.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #8
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I always have no clue who these random youtube people are and why people care about them. They're no different than someone ranting on a message board, only it's in video form so it reaches more people.

Seriously, today's youtubers are like the old ranting posters on message boards in the early 2000's...only it's a bigger deal due to how mainstream youtube and then social media is compared to confined forums.

That's the problem. People listen to these idiots and just take their word for it. Thousands of people. I actually read the comic so I can smell his horse **** through the screen.

^^^^
Old 07-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #9
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

While it's clear he hasn't been reading the comics, his opinion is surely based purely on the negative reception that IDW has gotten on a lot of its other comics. Being an avid reader of this run of TMNT and someone who (usually) opposes SJW influence in the comics, this comic never struck me as having any of those influences. And if it does, it manages to hide them well and weave them properly into the story. Cause I sure as hell haven't noticed it. When you've got **** like Female Thor as the poster child for blatant agenda pushing, people should be praising comics like TMNT for understanding what the term subtlety means.

Whatever though, people shouldn't be paying the guy any mind. Even among his peers, The Quartering is widely considered the Kotaku/Polygon-level clickbait of the anti-SJW space. Even people that share similar opinions don't like him cause he uses the same kneejerk reactionary clickbait tactics as the sites he often complains about. At the end of the day he's just a hypocrite who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:52 AM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

Literally who?
Old 07-18-2019, 02:54 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:58 AM   #12
ChosenOne
Banned

I absolutely loathe SJW crap. Just about as much as I loathe people who see a boogeyman lurking in every corner. Sometimes a mutant ninja turtle is just a mutant ninja turtle. She's a living nightmare, alright... For Karai and apparently for incels everywhere. #TeamJennika
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Where is turtle titty?! what SJW nonsense is this?! What about my boner?!
Old 07-18-2019, 04:02 AM   #14
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
What about my boner?!
Are you assuming they can ever manage to get one? You are a bold one, Kappa.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:05 AM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

not without turtle titty probably
Old 07-18-2019, 04:43 AM   #16
snake
Disgusting

F*cking idiots.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:10 AM   #17
Igglet

TheQuartering is an absolute troglodyte. Here's a fun game. Scroll down through his videos to about 4 months ago, CTRL+F and type 'Brie Larson' and then 'Captain Marvel'. Can you guess how many times each of the names will pop up?

Spoilers, Brie Larson pops up 15 times, Captain Marvel pops up 25 times. I can get not liking the movie but this guy is absolutely obsessed with it. He's like the manifestation of all those neckbeard "anti-SJWs" who are just as bad as the people they are criticizing - actually, no, they are worse. I really don't recommend that anyone else watches that sorry excuse for a video, giving this mong any Ad Revenue in exchange for getting pissed off about dumb **** is not worth it. He's literally got nothing worth saying.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:23 AM   #18
snake
Disgusting

On the flipside, I appreciate the Star Wars bitching from all these channels. Those movies need to be hated and anything done to sway public opinion is good. They should just stick to bashing the sequel trilogy like it deserves.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:35 AM   #19
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

I’m just going to say I’m somewhat indifferent over there being a fifth turtle beyond the likelihood of it generating more shippers, even if this particular situation overrides the incest taboo.

As for the original subject, if it gives people assurance over this particular IDW criticism, I personally never heard of TheQuartering before I saw this thread, and I do use YouTube, even if for marketing my music.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:38 AM   #20
Igglet

TheQuartering is actually fairly popular among a certain group of people, but those guys probably wouldn't even buy the comics in the first place. Not much of a loss either way.