The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #3121
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
This movie was directed by Dean Israelite, who directed Almanac. Josh Trank directed Chronicle and Fantastic Four.
Yeah I know. He mentioned Fantastic Four 2015 vibes, which makes sense since that same director did Chronicle - a movie a lot of people said this PR movie has a similar tone of.

Not that it's all one director....and yeah, I really liked Chroncile.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #3122
Allio
Foot Elite

too amazing not to post

Kamen Sentai GoRider
Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #3123
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Here is my thoughts on Power Rangers Zeo, mostly what I'd posted here before but organized.
http://miscrave.com/articles/prz/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
too amazing not to post

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psbque691c.jpg

Kamen Sentai GoRider
Wow, this is amazing, is this a real thing? I'd love to watch it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #3124
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Zyu questions, was it ever explained how the four aliens and Scorpina hooked up with Bandora? Also, Lokar was it it the devil himself in Zyu or just a demon?

Any comments or speculation in regards to the Boom! series?
Old 02-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #3125
Allio
Foot Elite

The four weren't aliens, all creatures in Zyu were natural to the earth. All the monsters were creatures from western myths. Bandora aligned herself with the creatures after the death of her son to take revenge on dinosaurs and the tribes.

And yes, lokar was called DaiSatan

As for my opinion on boom, I think it depends too much thoughts from the show itself and not too much on its own accord. Such as I believe that at this point, Boom Tommy hasn't really done much to deserve an "evil mirror" type of character
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #3126
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
The four weren't aliens, all creatures in Zyu were natural to the earth. All the monsters were creatures from western myths. Bandora aligned herself with the creatures after the death of her son to take revenge on dinosaurs and the tribes.

And yes, lokar was called DaiSatan

As for my opinion on boom, I think it depends too much thoughts from the show itself and not too much on its own accord. Such as I believe that at this point, Boom Tommy hasn't really done much to deserve an "evil mirror" type of character
All natural to earth? Mind-blown! I am surprised at the logic to that even though I shouldn't. They all look like various aliens not oddly evolved species capable of human intelligence.

Was Dai-Satan the actual devil or was he just a demon?

I think you are saying the dark mirror twist came too early in the comic run? Maybe issue#50 not from the start and reveal in #9 overall.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 PM   #3127
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
All natural to earth? Mind-blown! I am surprised at the logic to that even though I shouldn't. They all look like various aliens not oddly evolved species capable of human intelligence.

Was Dai-Satan the actual devil or was he just a demon?
Yeah, every creature was based on some western myth, none were alien. essentially. There is even a book the Zyuranger have that has all the legends inside, giving them some hint to defeating the monster as they were beaten in the past.
Goldar = Griffon
Scorpina = Lamia
Finster = Leprechaun
Baboo = Vampire
Squatt = Troll

and the monsters from the season all had some form of mythology connection. and according to the show, supposedly that the creatures were from said myths I believe.

It was like the same way as Kakuranger (MMPR season 3) where each monster was based on a ancient japanese creature.

and yeah, Dai-Satan was pretty much Satan, as he was the one that Bandora contracted with to have her powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

I think you are saying the dark mirror twist came too early in the comic run? Maybe issue#50 not from the start and reveal in #9 overall.
Yeah, it definitely feels way too early in a comics' line for an evil mirror twist. at this time we barely got characteristics of the characters (Tommy himself had just beaten control from Rita) so the idea of going "Look, another universe" feels empty.

Last edited by Allio; 02-28-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #3128
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I was at Best Buy yesterday, and they have a stand with Lionsgate titles that include $6 in e-movie cash for the PR movie. Itls their PR titles, Hunger Games titles, and their Marvel titles.

Sorry about the picture quality.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #3129
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Wow, this is amazing, is this a real thing? I'd love to watch it.
I assume they are going to be apart of the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai film, but they also will be part of a three episode exclusive hero pass thing

Old 02-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #3130
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I was at Best Buy yesterday, and they have a stand with Lionsgate titles that include $6 in e-movie cash for the PR movie. Itls their PR titles, Hunger Games titles, and their Marvel titles.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psw1oculls.jpg

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...pslqmlzswm.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality.
That's usually never a good sign, right?
Old 02-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #3131
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Why might you say that?
Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #3132
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
It's kind of typical cheap promotion
Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #3133
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
It's kind of typical cheap promotion
What makes it cheap? This isn't the only movie to get this kind of promotion.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #3134
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Of all the times I've seen movies try and do the whole "BUY THIS FILM AND GET A MOVIE TICKET TO SEE SOMETHING ELSE. PLEASE!!"...it's usually a big dash to try and get as many people to see it since it doesn't seem to be tracking well. The last I can remember was Amazing Spider-Man 2 which under performed pretty significantly if I recall?
Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 PM   #3135
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
What makes it cheap? This isn't the only movie to get this kind of promotion.
I say its just cheap as all the company more or less paying for is reprints, and it's probably a very small order as it is only suppose to last for the movie. In regards to the promotion budget, it probably doesn't eat anything

And I don't get where that second comment comes into play, as I never once stated otherwise. Yes a lot of movies do it, again probably because it doesn't cost much and doesn't eat away at the budget for promotion the movie.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #3136
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I used to watch plenty of movies for free through "movie" cash and back in the day they were worth up to $20 of your ticket. Zathura when I bought the Jumanji DVD, Jackson's King Kong when I got the JP Trilogy collection, Superman Returns with some DC title I assume I bought and Catwoman by buying the Batman TAS DVD set and those are the ones I can remember.

I was going to buy those DVDs anyway and would've paid for most of those movies to see them on theaters except maybe Catwoman/Zathura so the fact that I got to see a new movie for free was the icing on the cake.

Quote:
I assume they are going to be apart of the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai film, but they also will be part of a three episode exclusive hero pass thing

That's glorious, I really want to see it.

How is that new Kamen Rider series? it looked lame but I hear good thing about it. Then again I should shut up about it since last time I tried to bring Kamen Rider into the thread I got shown the door.

For my Toku marathon this year I'm debating between watching a Kamen Rider show or finish off the Zordon saga with Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy. So this could be a contender or maybe KR Kabuto.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:19 AM   #3137
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Of all the times I've seen movies try and do the whole "BUY THIS FILM AND GET A MOVIE TICKET TO SEE SOMETHING ELSE. PLEASE!!"...it's usually a big dash to try and get as many people to see it since it doesn't seem to be tracking well. The last I can remember was Amazing Spider-Man 2 which under performed pretty significantly if I recall?
The same thing is going on with Logan, but I bet that isn't a problem.

I'm still not letting e-movie cash get me all worked up about how the sky is falling, as far as the PR movie goes. I don't even plan on seeing the movie in theaters, but I just thought I'd post it for anyone who might be interested.

Anyway, in DVD news, The MMPR seasons 1 & 2 set that's exclusive to Best Buy comes out next Tuesday, and now there's cover art for it.

It comes up on and off in the listing right now, but you can click on the link to see if you get to see it there as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mighty-m...?skuId=5714410
Old 03-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #3138
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Comes out on the 23rd.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #3139
Allio
Foot Elite

Looks infinitely better than mega battle.

Though that isn't saying much
Old 03-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #3140
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Korea is getting their own Power Rangers series....that's a direct sequel to Dino Charge called Dino Force Brave.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/south-korea-i...pow-1792791872

Character profiles:

Brave Red Dino is described as the “dragon child”, the successor to the power of the dinosaurs who has inherited the power of bravery and is a trustworthy leader.
Brave Blue Dino is called a “handsome boy” who is characterized by his athletic ability as well as his beautiful and clean fighting style.
Brave Black Dino is described as being the strictest member of the team who also possesses a great and kind heart.
Brave Green Dino is described as having a “cute little brother” image that people just can’t seem to hate, even if he solves his problems with his family’s money.
Brave Pink Dino is kind and caring but can also be very selfish.
Brave Gold Dino is a very mysterious warrior who works with the others while distancing himself from them.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/03/...er-brave-cast/

Tags
power rangers