The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #2821
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

So getting better at drawing’s been really flipping hard.
I’ve had a lot of struggles and mess ups so far.
But it’s been incredibly fun and I feel like I’ve come a long way.
I mean, just look at what I sketched today:

Geez!
That’s sooo much better than the trash I used to draw.
It’s obviously still weird looking and I’ve still got a looooong ways to go, but I can’t help but feel a bit proud of what I’ve accomplished so far, y’know? (و ˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:08 PM   #2822
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That does look really good! And certainly like you've used a lot of time and patience to get better. Well done!
Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 PM   #2823
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
That does look really good! And certainly like you've used a lot of time and patience to get better. Well done!
Heh, thanks!!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:44 AM   #2824
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In the face of my disappointment with Trial of Krang...

The Abominable Charles Christopher finally updated after a year of hiatus. And with those city cats too. They're no Midlife Crisis Bird, but they'll do. And seeing Camp Weedonwantcha's revelation on the identity of Malachi's father. That last panel of the most recent update was more exciting than the entirety of the Trial and Dimension X put together. At least for me, that is.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #2825
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

These made me happy.

Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #2826
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Got the skeleton added to my tiny bit of Halloween decorating and turned out pretty close to what I'd imagined, so that has worked out nicely.

Also discovered that not only does the little lantern I bought for this have a 5 hour timer option, but once set it will come on the same time the next day on its own. Spent more than originally intending on a lantern, as I was just going to get a basic non-battery one, but this one is perfect for it.

Also got a bra from the store I work at for 93 cents. Sunday I guess the company decided stores were to pull a list of them from the clearance and they'd be marked down to that price. And then... they apparently canceled that idea. But our manager still allowed those already marked to be sold for that price. We BADLY needed to get rid of a lot of them anyhow, there were FAR too many sitting around in clearance for too long, taking up too much space. Most of them sold in one day, and a huge amount before I even got to work that afternoon. (Which sucks that I had to close, because I missed out on one I'd wanted for months, but the darn clearance price was always rather high still! Damn. Had I known Sunday I'd have grabbed it then.)

But as any girl will understand, at 93 cents, you don't pass that up! Did find one I liked (regularly $28 ) in my size I put aside until I could go back for it today. I think just about as many went home with employees as did with regular customers. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #2827
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A 93 cent bra? What kind of miracle is that ? Did you inhale Luck Dragon fluff or something?
Old 10-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #2828
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think that must be it! lol Thought I'm fighting a possible cold coming on, but maybe it's a Luck Dragon fluff allergy.

Halloween skeleton pics:

Spoiler:

Still have the spider to add and anything else I decide to do. Might still break out the spider fluff I was intending on last year. Or if this cold gets me and makes me not up to it, at least I managed to get the major aspect of it done first. But happy to be able to do what I'd wanted to do a year ago.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #2829
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That looks really cool!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:04 AM   #2830
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

❤ These outfits are so cute! ❤

Last edited by Papenbrook; 10-28-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:14 AM   #2831
newfan
Mad Scientist

Going out for breakfast with family, always like a caramel latte.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #2832
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Halloween weekend! So happy to be off for the weekend since they usually do TorT here the weekend before Halloween for the kids to be off school. Got stuff for the TorT crowd- if we get any- and some party munchies for us. We usually have a few friends over for a scary movie night and nommage. Also WM just got in some new TMNT figs! Snagged a new Tiger Claw in the cult robe. So cool!

Old 10-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #2833
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That looks really cool!
Thanks!

It kind of shifted position a little, but it'll have to do. Home sick today, and doubt the weekend will be any better, so don't have the energy to fight with it, but at least it's up.

Happy maker though... looks like I was given off for Halloween and the 1st. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to close Halloween night (or be in early the next) and somehow it came true.

With typically having to work all other holidays except Christmas, I was considering just calling out if I was made to close, but being sick now and already losing money would have thrown a wrench into that plan... (People who get paid sick days are so lucky. Too bad it would be wrong to bill my sister and brother-in-law for the loss from their child bringing this virus home to this house and passing it around. lol)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #2834
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I need to put up some pics of our decorations this weekend. Especially the new stuff. I went all out on the table area, and added some new items to my window too. I think the bloody handprints were an ingenious touch. Blood on the clown skeleton's face and hands and even a few spatters on its shroud. I want to get a full size skeleton to sit in one of the chairs and dress in a robe next year. Maybe after everything goes on clearance....

Old 10-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #2835
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If you look for one after clearance, hope you have better luck. I tried that last year around here, but couldn't find any at that point.

If you don't have any luck, if you have any major craft store chains that carry Halloween stuff, maybe keep an eye on their ads early in Oct. next year. Got mine from Joann Fabrics for $39, regularly $99. They only had two when I went in the same day (website said 3), so not sure if they are limited stock or if they sell quickly.

Wish they'd still have the huge dog-sized spider skeleton (so weird lol) after clearance, but I doubt that will stick around. (edit: Darn, site says zero left at mine. But it and the big human skeleton are each only $29.99 now for any lucky people who find a store with it.)
Old 10-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #2836
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I got to come home again this weekend, with my grandmother in tow this time.

I've also called my boyfriend at the hospital; he's doing okay. Except for the food being bad, getting homesick, and missing his dog, he's feeling a little better.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #2837
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Sadly there are no craft stores nearby. No major party stores or much else for that either. Just WM and our in-town Dollar General and Dollar Tree. (It's a town of only about 6000, in the rural area outside of Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex so not much is close to us.) But fortunately even if there aren't any left by then I can order from Amazon. Found a cool full-sized coccooned spider victim I have my eye on, and some glow in the dark garden pebbles in various colors I would love to play around with.

I have the life sized cat skeleton and a few skeletal bats and rats. They are displayed in my bush-web and graveyard, and one bat hanging from the window above the handprints. I really want to get a few more crows for my big bush too- I am planning a Hitchcock type "murder of crows" for next year in that bush. Two ravens already out this year. The little crows look more like blackbirds but the effect ought to be really unnerving when I get them all up. I have about five little ones so far plus the two big ones.

And three large spiders- one on the front door one on the bush-web and another I still haven't placed yet. Two hairy rats and three snakes, assorted scorpions centipedes and normal sized spiders, and a bunch of bones scattered around in vague graves. One has one of the rat skeletons clutched in a pair of skeletal hands with a skull sitting open-mouthed behind it. I basically turned my small "yard" into a boneyard where things aren't as dead as they should be lol!

Old 10-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #2838
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Man, if I were doing a "murder of crows" display, I would do a pun.

CSI: Crow Scene. Crows investigating a crow murder.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #2839
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

LOL! That is funny. The stair bannister for the second level apartments comes down right next to my patio so I eventually plan to line a few birds there too. Or maybe a few more little spiders since the bush is right beside it. Mama has a lot of mouths to feed..... Yes I go nuts at Halloween......

Old 10-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #2840
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah, yeah...the spiders would probably work pretty well in an apartment. The CSI: Crow Scene would probably best work in a yard on someone's porch.

Just have some crows standing around multiple murder outlines of birds...one wearing sunglasses. Tape on a fake cigarette to the beak. And have a sign reading "Looks like we're investigating...a murder of crows."