The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #821
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Newsarama preview of AC up

http://www.newsarama.com/33919-metal...cs-977.html#s8

Clark and Lois remember Mxy messed with them, but their memories are beginning to get hazier about their prior state of reality, and we get an appearance from Metallo.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #822
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Dark Knights: Metal was just announced. It reads like an All-Star type series and a mini-series. Nothing more is kniwn other than Synder and Capello are the creative team. More of the same in the first in a new brand?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/6/1520...tal?yptr=yahoo
Old 04-13-2017, 03:19 AM   #824
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So according to July solicits, Wally and Donna are getting together...

...So she goes from being Diana's would-be assassin turned good to being a homewrecker and a roadblock to Wally's quest to regain Linda

Roy is apparently pissed about it too...hopefully it's just a solace thing Wally's working through

Oh, and Barda/Miracle will be reuniting soon with Tom King tackling their story

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...2-issue-comic/
Old 04-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #825
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There will be a fill-in creative team for Wonder Woman that will last five issues, presently the team are Shea Fontana (from DC Superhero Girls) and Mirka Andolfo (who will handle the first two issues)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...-woman-summer/
Old 04-15-2017, 01:54 AM   #826
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It appears in the preview pages for Trinity that Clark is still having difficulty adjusting to the merger of his PF and N52 halves, as he envisions a battle between them in Metropolis

http://www.newsarama.com/34058-super...trinity-8.html
Old 04-20-2017, 07:28 AM   #827
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Trinity#8 was underwhelming...basically Clark called a whiny N52 Superman in a dream a "shadow of the truth" and Diana having to assure him there were possibilities of survival for the N52 version. Not much is made of Clark remembering both versions of himself as it pertains to his relations with Bruce and Diana, though Diana does bring up that her own sense of reality had been messed with.

"The Button" was basically loads of pages of Bruce getting beaten savegely by Reverse Flash before the button takes Thawne someplace where he gets fried and sent back a corpse. Barry makes it too late because he was trying to stop a fight at a hockey game (he could'nt save the victim)

It's kind of grim all things considered.

Supersons was good, as was Superman...though sadly they've turned Kathy heel and given her force choke powers
Old 04-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #828
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoilers for Action Comics (must read as it affects the whole DC Universe)

Spoiler:
The Five Year Timeline of the New 52 is officially gone. The Justice League formed fifteen years ago, but were decimated before Superman's marriage by Doomsday. Jonathan and Martha Kent now died when Clark was 21 years old.

After his experiences as Electric Blue, Clark donned the N52 suit and went into hiding with a pregnant Lois as Intergang targeted her. Clark temporarily retired when Jon was born and that's when Lex stepped up as Superman

Romance with Wonder Woman never happened
Old 04-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #829
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Superman is officially
Spoiler:
a biological father?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #830
mrmaczaps
Banned

I'm kind of really glad I stopped reading Superman books... So, yeaaaaah. This is a disaster. Stopped reading Titans with last weeks issue as next issue is part of a tie in with Teen Titans and Deathstroke.... stupid crossovers.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:08 AM   #831
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I'm kind of really glad I stopped reading Superman books... So, yeaaaaah. This is a disaster.
The disaster was New 52. I approve of all the changes they've made here, and the Superman books have been the best they've been in a long time.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:52 AM   #832
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The disaster was New 52. I approve of all the changes they've made here, and the Superman books have been the best they've been in a long time.
Unless they do a complete reboot again like 1986s Crisis, I'm out. I don't really like these half done, in regular book softboots. Somewhere there is a Superman runnigng around thats still really the previous one who dated Diana/WW... Also not really a fan of Superman's kid... Anyways... Glad you are enjoying it.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #833
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Somewhere there is a Superman runnigng around thats still really the previous one who dated Diana/WW...
That's sort of what last week's Trinity#8 is about, Clark has this dream where he's fighting the N52 version, who's not too pleased that he's merged with him, and wants an assurance that he won't just be forgotten about. Diana is the one that tells him there are "possibilities" and then get a huge montage of other versions of Supes, Diana, and Batman from other universes rushing past them.

If there is a N52 Clark running about, he's probably gonna have to get used to being a cuck. Diana admitted to Steve she was only with that Clark because he was easy and that Steve was the one she wanted to be with.

It's far likely N52 Clark wound up with N52 Superwoman Lois (assuming she went somewhere after the merge)

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-24-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #834
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I liked having Ma and Pa Kent alive. That was a Post-COIE doing there. It serves Superman's sunny outlook having the parents that he always knew there even into his days of being Superman. It also helps to ground him and adds to his true Clark Kent identity. Having them passed on before he becomes Superman takes away a part of what makes him human and sunny and optimistic. Their deaths bring a bit of a dark nature and take away the ability for Superman to be himself not Superman, and not even Clark Kent the report who always darts off during crisis but Clark Kent as a human from another planet.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:09 PM   #835
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Their deaths bring a bit of a dark nature and take away the ability for Superman to be himself not Superman.
Nonsense. He is the father now. Lois and Jon are what ground him. That's what life is about.

The issue ends hinting Ma and Pa will be probably be ressurected at some point anyway.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #836
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"The Button" Part Two

Seriously DC? Of all the events to bring up as part of the missing years Bruce and Barry become aware of, you pick
Spoiler:
Identity Crisis?
Old 05-15-2017, 06:42 AM   #838
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

They really are stretching this reveal. By November it would have been over two years since New 52 ended.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:16 AM   #839
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I was getting very intrigued. But then I found an article, link below. And read this quote. "We talked for six months, and the truth is, it wasn’t until the election, and post-election, that I called Gary and said, 'I’ve got the complete story." I don't want to read some art imitating life political commentary piece. Hopefully this is entertaining and I'm just reading to much into it. Same article you posted, just realized that.

http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-13/dc-c...lock-interview
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #840
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It kind of cements suspicions also that Rebirth is essentially being booked on the fly and that there's no long-term plan to it.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman