The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

Favorite TMNT Music

One thing that's been consistent across every iteration of TMNT is some seriously dope music. Scores, theme songs, soundtrack selections, even the material created for Coming Out Of Our Shells, there's tons of great stuff throughout their history in sound. I have just about every single turtles based OST out there in my itunes library, & I regularly listen to 'em all. I'm certain that would be the case for many of them even if they had no relation to the TMNT. I genuinely love the bulk of it (in part due to my affinity for synth, punk, & hip-hop, 3 genres prominently featured in TMNT lore). Hell, I think the TMNT directly influenced my taste in music from the very beginning.

Theme songs aside, which selections stand out for you? What is your all time favorite TMNT score/soundtrack?

For me, the top spot is virtually a tie between Turtles & Time & Tournament Fighters (SNES versions of both, respectively). It's really hard to choose between the two, though, gun to my head, I'd probably go with TiT. They're incredibly nostalgic for me, so I can't deny that plays a part, but the tunes themselves just get me super pumped, even when I'm not playing the games they're from. I especially love Elevator/Neon Night Riders from TiT, & Sky Palace/Thunder Dome from TF. It's all so rad, drives me nuts.

As far as runners-up go, God damn, there are so many solid choices. I'll just note my other favorites in no particular order.

-Original movie score by John Du Prez (& the accompanying soundtrack, too!)
-Out Of The Shadows (video game) score by Just Blaze
-TMNT (2007) score by Klaus Badelt

Also wanna give an honorable mention to the Nick Series score by Sebastian Evans II. It's still fresh so it hasn't cemented a legendary status with me just yet, but whooo boy, that show's got some fantastic arrangements. Oh, & a nod to the OT, too! Gotta love those iconic up-tempo 80's jams.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

TMNT 1 movie score, TMNT 4 movie score. The rest is pants.

Though I do sometime find myself humming the theme from the "Bury my Shell at Wounded Knee" level.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I was just thinking of making this thread. Guess you beat me to it

Anyways, I agree, tmnt has had so many iconic soundtracks over the years there's alot to choose from. Me personally, my all time favourite tmnt soundtrack is the battle theme from the Original Cartoon when the turtles are ready to kick ass. Listening to it sends chills down my spine and I was very happy when Nick used it again for their crossover episode.

Other tmnt soundtracks I love are:

1. Foot Clan and Shredder theme from the 2k3 series.

2. The theme of splinters origin from the original 1990 film.

3. Battle theme from the red sky section of the OT which replaced the traditional battle theme.

4. OT Technodrome theme

5. Music used for slow and emotional scenes in the Nick series (I can't remember the exact name of the track, but I remember it playing during "The Wrath of Tiger Claw" when Karai finds out Splinter is her father and in "Transdimensional Turtles" when the turtles enter the lair)

6. Happy ending music from the 2k3 series

7. Splinters theme from the 80s series, which has different variations. For e.g. Splinter offering wisdom or telling a backstory from Japan.

8. The big apple theme from Turtles in Time, as well as a few other tracks from that game.

9. Channel six music.

10. Go Ninja Go
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

I really like a lot of the classic video game music and the score from the first movie. And, I kinda (embarrassingly) like some of the music from Coming out of our shells. Okay, I'm joking on that one (although the arcade version of Pizza Power will be a classic)
Old 03-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

All time favorite? Probably Klaus Badelt's great score to the 2007 film. John Du Prez's work for the original three is also very stellar.

Shout-out also to all the neat little themes in the 2k3 show.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
All time favorite? Probably Klaus Badelt's great score to the 2007 film.
It's actually really, really great. It really deserved to be in a far better film.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Shredder's Suite from the first movie, and most of the songs from all three movie trilogy soundtracks. And yes, I will also admit to liking Skipping Stones, No Treaties and Count On Us from the COoOS tour.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #8
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's actually really, really great. It really deserved to be in a far better film.
Badelt is a fantastic composer, and he was on track to become quite well-known back when he worked for Hans Zimmer at Media Ventures (now known as Remote Control Productions). After a horrendous time on the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie (the music is officially credited to him, but in reality a dozen different people had to help out) he decided to break off for a career of higher integrity. Unfortunately that meant not getting signed on to many blockbusters anymore.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:28 AM   #9
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Hmm Most of if not all of the music from the first movie

- The Foot Theme from 2k3 I especially love the begining
- April's theme from 2k3 no idea why but I catch myself humming it ocassionly
- Nick the main theme but the slow version it plays during the weapon montage in the first episode.
- 2007 had a really great track I especially like the opening theme.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:21 AM   #10
Wildcat
Foot Elite

You have/listen to Turtle Tunes and Turtle Christmas in your iTunes library? Ooook...Just kidding.

Coming Out of Thier Shells soundtrack is the only one I had. Still like it. Some might think they're dumb kids music but alter a few lyrics and forget it's TMNT, they're legitimately good songs.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite

* John du Prez music for the movies especially the first two

* Music from TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

* Any music from the first six seasons of the FW cartoon series
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:45 PM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

Really love the Fred Wolf toon music from season 1-3. There are several that I really really dig and hear in my head almost daily, but I don't know what to call them lol.

Also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
-Out Of The Shadows (video game) score by Just Blaze
WHAT? How did I not know this? Really wish I could play this now...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Really love the Fred Wolf toon music from season 1-3. There are several that I really really dig and hear in my head almost daily, but I don't know what to call them.
I remember there were a number of tracks in FW seasons 1-3 that weren't used in the rest of the show. One of my favourites was the track that played when the turtles fought Bebop and Rocksteady in season 1. It was such a great track, im honestly surprised it was hardly ever used. I only recall it being used in 5 episodes from seasons 1-3:

1. Enter the Shredder
2. Shredder and Splintered
3. Catwoman from Channel Six
4. The Gangs all Here
5. The Grybyx
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

As I recall Powder, you also did your own rendition on Neon Night Riders with lyrics which was really good, by the way. Any chance of a "Starbase, Where No Turtles Has Gone Before" version by you?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #15
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant

Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
I've always been a fan of the original 1990 movie's music by John Du Prez. Nowadays, it just sounds like 90s nostalgia. I used to enjoy the music from the 2007 movie by Klaus Badelt, but after a while it has sort of grown numb and become more like general underscore music (nothing really pops out).

As a drummer, I've always liked the music for Turtles in Time. I know it's not a real drummer playing in that arcade game, but man if that was played live it would be SICK!
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #16
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I have always loved the score in the Fred Wolf toon that plays in when there's a chase scene or a fast moving scene happening. you guys know what I'm talking about? Very nostalgic.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #17
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

All the score in the OT, esp. the earlier seasons. All of Du Prez score from movies 1 - 3 (too bad he didn't have a huge film composition list, he's good). Nick cartoon's score is ok. 2003 TMNT cartoon's score is lackluster at best, save for maybe a few scores.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #18
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I have always loved the score in the Fred Wolf toon that plays in when there's a chase scene or a fast moving scene happening. you guys know what I'm talking about? Very nostalgic.
I know what you're talking about.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #19
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I know what you're talking about.
YES!

this is what I mean ladies and gents

https://youtu.be/_khl6EM93iw?t=17m6s

I want everyone else to hear what I'm talking about though, so I had to search for it in an episode. Its the back ground music that starts at about 17:06 and ends at about 18:25.

Last edited by Garfield; 04-06-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: had to make some corrections.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:12 AM   #20
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I want everyone else to hear what I'm talking about though, so I had to search for it in an episode. Its the back ground music that starts at about 17:06 and ends at about 18:25.
Yeah great music, very heroic but chaotic.