The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #2701
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

Where does the macro series comics fit in as after reading the leo and Mikey one I was confused as I thought some of the stuff that was in there was explained in other issues before.
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #2702
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygaming reviews View Post
Where does the macro series comics fit in as after reading the leo and Mikey one I was confused as I thought some of the stuff that was in there was explained in other issues before.
Bobby said that Donnie and Mikey are before Battle Lines and Leo and Raph are after.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #2703
Xav
Foot Elite

Why was Traag renamed Tragg?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #2704
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why was Traag renamed Tragg?
I wasn't aware that he had!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:12 AM   #2705
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Hello, Bobby!

Event 20/20 is canon for IDW-verse?
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #2706
bushido
Stone Warrior

Is Nelson Daniel the artist for the IDW 20/20 one shot? Solicitations (and even Comixology) indicate Dave Wachter but judging by the cover it's a mistake.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #2707
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Indeed, it is Nelson Daniel on the 20/20 one shot!
Old 12-10-2018, 01:40 AM   #2708
bushido
Stone Warrior

That's what I thought. Thank you for confirming. Glad to see Nelson Daniel again. Really liked his Universe issue.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #2709
AlessandraDC
Thug

After reading the Raph macro, I am wondering about the direction of his character in IDW. He is often the first to want to jump into a fight, but more and more IDW Raph seems more like a reluctant fighter. Am I reading that right? Is that intentional or just different writers' takes on the character?
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #2710
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think it all depends on the situation. That's something we'll be exploring more in upcoming issues.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #2711
AlessandraDC
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I think it all depends on the situation. That's something we'll be exploring more in upcoming issues.
Oh, in that case, I'm looking forward to it! I think IDW has done some interesting things with each brother, so I'm excited to see what you do with Raph. Thanks!
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #2712
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hello, Bobby!

Event 20/20 is canon for IDW-verse?
I think I missed this one.

I'd say it's "possible canon". I'd say it fits, but what with it being 20 years in the future, and who knows what will happen in TMNT comics between now and then, it's all subject to change in the interest of the story. But for all intents and purposes, i'm treating it as canon for now!
Old 12-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #2713
ChosenOne
Banned

Bobby, will we ever see the Turtles wear those cool outfits from Splinter's vision of a future that may yet come to pass, even if it doesn't? They all looked quite a bit older too. How far ahead of current events would you say that moment takes place if Splinter didn't heed the warning?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #2714
neatoman
Emperor

Hi Bobby, the latest issue being a Christmas Carol retelling made me ask something I always wonder about Christmas Carol retellings, did Charles Dickens not exist in this world? Or does the Pantheon just have sense of humor?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #2715
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Bobby, will we ever see the Turtles wear those cool outfits from Splinter's vision of a future that may yet come to pass, even if it doesn't? They all looked quite a bit older too. How far ahead of current events would you say that moment takes place if Splinter didn't heed the warning?
Honestly, the specifics of that vision aren't something we put any thought into. I think it's best left to the audience to hypothesize on their own. Tom didn't reference anything specific in the script either:

"Panel 4: Splinter looks to where Gothano points. We see the four ninja turtles. Their backs are to us. They are looking down at something on the ground. They are all wearing ninja/samurai battle armor that matches the color of their bandanas. We can see that they have taken part in this battle as the armor is scratched and dented. They all bear scrapes and cuts and bruises from the battle."
Old 12-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #2716
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hi Bobby, the latest issue being a Christmas Carol retelling made me ask something I always wonder about Christmas Carol retellings, did Charles Dickens not exist in this world? Or does the Pantheon just have sense of humor?
Haha, that's a good question. If it did exist in this world, you'd expect Splinter to recognize what was going on, but then maybe he's not got around to reading/seeing it in the time he's been reincarnated?

You guys are picking all the questions we haven't thought about!
Old 12-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #2717
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Honestly, the specifics of that vision aren't something we put any thought into. I think it's best left to the audience to hypothesize on their own. Tom didn't reference anything specific in the script either:

"Panel 4: Splinter looks to where Gothano points. We see the four ninja turtles. Their backs are to us. They are looking down at something on the ground. They are all wearing ninja/samurai battle armor that matches the color of their bandanas. We can see that they have taken part in this battle as the armor is scratched and dented. They all bear scrapes and cuts and bruises from the battle."
Sweet read, thanks! And admittedly, it's always something you guys can go back to and do something with, like that red oni mask that keeps popping up in relation to Saki's future. If only this comic had a line of action figures to go with it...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:53 PM   #2718
LUIS
Random Punk

Bobby, do you know if there's any chance for the forever war to happend? Also the christmas special was pretty good, happy holidays to the TMNT team.
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #2719
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUIS View Post
Bobby, do you know if there's any chance for the forever war to happend?
Read the letters section of #89.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #2720
LUIS
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Read the letters section of #89.
Damn, one of the few times I don't read the letters and this happends, how embarrasing. "Maybe in 2020" I know I shouldn't get to excited but I'am. Thanks man, and you too Bobby.
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz