The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #41
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Not if the budget doesn't allow for scenes. Look at the fight between Hun, the Turtles and Bishop. If they couldn't afford to animate all that.... Well that scene would've been left on the cutting room floor and some other sub plot or whatever would've taken that air time.
I was asking on a Facebook Doctor Who page why two remaining missing episodes from Season 2 couldn't animated so they could release a whole season boxset, instead why they were going after individual, longer stories. I was told that those two episodes had tons of costumes changes therefore it would take longer to animate. Strange but it does make sense once you think about it: it would take less time to animate the TMNT over the course of four episodes standing still for 25 minutes each compared to a 10 minute fight scene in one episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Which made no sense, since the Red Sky seasons were NOTHING like the movie except for maybe Carter bearing a slight resemblance to Keno from Secret of the Ooze.
No I have no idea why that was done. Very weird choice and also the wrong one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Batman, xmen and the other stuff they were trying to compete with weren't dark and mature just for they sake of it. They were just trying to be a good adaptations of thier characters and tell stories that respected thier histories if not being straight up pulled from them. Also unlike anything else at the time they were making an effort not to talk down to their audience or blatantly push toys. Just like always though instead of looking at why something works the suits chose to only copy the superficial aesthetics what's working.
The final three seasons I think it's fair to say had more in common with TMNT's rival at the time Biker Mice From Mars than any of DC or Marvel's cartoons. But that's not necessarily a bad thing because BMFM was not bad, it's just for TMNT the sudden shift in tone, direction and animation was jarring after seven years.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

To be fair, when I was 12-13 and first saw the Red Sky episodes I thought the setting was kinda badass. Especially with Shredder's shocking "I never bluff" line.

I also thought the 2k3 series was a bit badass as well. "Finally we get a more mature TMNT cartoon series!", but it's still an animated 20 minute long toy commercial series at the end of the day. But as a kid I found it pretty damn cool lol
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #43
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
To be fair, when I was 12-13 and first saw the Red Sky episodes I thought the setting was kinda badass. Especially with Shredder's shocking "I never bluff" line.

I also thought the 2k3 series was a bit badass as well. "Finally we get a more mature TMNT cartoon series!", but it's still an animated 20 minute long toy commercial series at the end of the day. But as a kid I found it pretty damn cool lol
I thought both shows were kinda badass too when I was younger too. Maybe the fact that a lot of the humour went over my head back then might have made me think they were more serious than they actually were.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
They’re more boring than anything.
Well, I did like the Red Sky episodes, but admittedly the change of tone feels a bit underwhelming. At least the blue sky seasons had a certain charm and identity to them, something the Red Sky seasons did not. The Red Sky seasons feel rather generic and a desperate attempt at emulating what was cool at the time instead of being a trend-setter like the FW series originally was. It really shows how quickly the TMNT fad was starting to fall into irrelevance.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #45
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
but it's still an animated 20 minute long toy commercial series at the end of the day. But as a kid I found it pretty damn cool lol
Every cartoon series is made to sell merchandise like toys.

Quote:
The Red Sky seasons feel rather generic and a desperate attempt at emulating what was cool at the time instead of being a trend-setter like the FW series originally was. It really shows how quickly the TMNT fad was starting to fall into irrelevance.
Ironic that Biker Mice From Mars was a rip-off TMNT but TMNT ended up ripping them off in the end.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote