The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #81
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Yeah, that wouldn't really help me though. That's a region 2 dvd, and I only have region 1 dvd players.
Oh right lol
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #82
Yorae
Hench Mutant

So I've just finished watching BttS. Good stuff, but I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed that the episodes are 4:3.

Does a widescreen version of this season exist anywhere?
Yorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #83
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae View Post
So I've just finished watching BttS. Good stuff, but I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed that the episodes are 4:3.

Does a widescreen version of this season exist anywhere?
If it did I'd imagine that it would be floating around somewhere on the internet.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #84
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Was it presented in wide screen?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #85
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Anyone interested in some pics of dvd covers, as I've noticed differences in the art work - especially for the first few seasons.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #86
Gonstead
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Was it presented in wide screen?
I think the whole show was animated in 4:3 with Turtles Forever being the exception.
Gonstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:16 AM   #87
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Anyone interested in some pics of dvd covers, as I've noticed differences in the art work - especially for the first few seasons.
The artwork of the region 1 releases are better than the region 4 releases imo Most of the artwork for the region 4 releases just show the turtles.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #88
Boy Wonder
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
The cheapest Turtles Against Hate DVD I've seen on the internet is $60 on Amazon Canada.
I got super lucky with mine, I got that one and a few others for like $6 a piece at a used movie store a couple months ago.

I still need all of season 2, Worlds Collide, and Ninja Tribunal. Those season 2 DVDs and Tribunal season haven't been easy
Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #89
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
I got super lucky with mine, I got that one and a few others for like $6 a piece at a used movie store a couple months ago.

I still need all of season 2, Worlds Collide, and Ninja Tribunal. Those season 2 DVDs and Tribunal season haven't been easy
I have the region 4 release of Ninja Tribunal. Don't need it since I got my hands on the region 1 version. Have region 4 season 2 boxsets as well, Box 1 and Box 2.

If you had a multi region DVD player these would come in handy. I had to get myself a multi region DVD player to play my TMNT DVDs.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listin...condition=used

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

^^^ Those are the region 1 releases but they're too dear, people seem to think money grows on trees or something lol The ninja tribunal region 1 DVD on amazon is only available in Good or Acceptable condition. I mind there being a good couple of season 2 and ninja tribunal DVDs on amazon a few months ago, they disappeared quickly lol So glad I made it just in time when collecting them. It seems most of the 2k3 DVDs are slowly disappearing off the internet.

Last edited by tmntpower1988; 02-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #90
Yorae
Hench Mutant

Out of curiousity, is there a difference in quality between the region 1 and 4 releases?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #91
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Out of curiousity, is there a difference in quality between the region 1 and 4 releases?
Tbh Region 1's are slightly better. I noticed that the sound on some of the region 4 dvd's weren't as loud as the region 1's or didn't sound as clear. Picture quality for the region 1's look a bit better too but the picture quality for the region 4's look fine too, well at least they do on my TV anyway.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #92
Yorae
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Tbh Region 1's are slightly better. I noticed that the sound on some of the region 4 dvd's weren't as loud as the region 1's or didn't sound as clear. Picture quality for the region 1's look a bit better too but the picture quality for the region 4's look fine too, well at least they do on my TV anyway.
Thank, but I wish you hadn't confirmed my doubts. Now I know I'll end up hunting down all the region 1's
Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #93
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thank, but I wish you hadn't confirmed my doubts. Now I know I'll end up hunting down all the region 1's
Some of the DVD's won't come cheap though, Ninja Tribunal on Amazon.com is going for $120 Season 2 Part 2 is no longer available but if you don't mind the Season 2 volumes then that would be your best option, even if Season 2 Part 2 were to be sold on the internet again it would be probably around the $200 mark. WTF I see that Croc Attack is $94 on Amazon.com People really do rip the arse out of the prices, they must think we're all millionaires lol I have the six Season 2 region 1 volumes which I don't need since getting Season 2 Part 1 and Part 2 on DVD. I have a bad habit of doing that ordering away at things online which I don't need. First of all I bought the six Season 2 region 1 volumes then I buy the region 4 Season 2 volumes in the 2 box sets then finally the two Season 2 parts that you can see in my 2k3 DVD collection pic lol I would have saved myself some money if I had of just bought the two Season 2 parts from the beginning lol

Last edited by tmntpower1988; 02-25-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #94
Yorae
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Some of the DVD's won't come cheap though, Ninja Tribunal on Amazon.com is going for $120 Season 2 Part 2 is no longer available but if you don't mind the Season 2 volumes then that would be your best option, even if Season 2 Part 2 were to be sold on the internet again it would be probably around the $200 mark. WTF I see that Croc Attack is $94 on Amazon.com
True that on the prices, they're plain crazy! And the worst part is that most of the used copies do not ship to my country, so I am stuck with overpriced "new/ never opened" copies.

I have the first 14 volumes in region 1 releases, so that's cool. Seasons 3, 4 and 5 though are the R4 DVD boxsets. Same for Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. I'm kinda in the same boat as you with the redundant purchases. I jumped the first time I saw the R4 Fast Forward DVDs. Should have looked around and got the American releases instead!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #95
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
True that on the prices, they're plain crazy! And the worst part is that most of the used copies do not ship to my country, so I am stuck with overpriced "new/ never opened" copies.

I have the first 14 volumes in region 1 releases, so that's cool. Seasons 3, 4 and 5 though are the R4 DVD boxsets. Same for Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. I'm kinda in the same boat as you with the redundant purchases. I jumped the first time I saw the R4 Fast Forward DVDs. Should have looked around and got the American releases instead!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

^^^ That's the region 1 releases of Fast Forward. They're $20 each, not as bad as the other prices on Amazon. Mostly international sellers selling those Fast Forward DVD's in brand new condition.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #96
Kirben
Random Punk

Quote:
The video quality of the Region 1 releases are much better, the video quality of the Region 4 releases is quite bad at times. Especially on a large screen, or computer system.

Avoid the Region 4 DVD releases of season 2 in particular! The Australian DVD releases of season 2 aren't in correct order. Worse one episode (Return to the Underground on Crock Attack!) is missing 1 minute in the middle, an error which was never fixed.

The only Region 4 DVDs which offer advantages:
Back to the Sewer V1 & V2 - Video quality is still poor, but they were only released in Australia
Turtles Forever - Uncut, anamorphic widescreen, with subtitles.
Kirben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #97
snake
Disgusting

Is there any pics of the figure that came with a OT DVD, it was a mini figure, I don't know who though..
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #98
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Is there any pics of the figure that came with a OT DVD, it was a mini figure, I don't know who though..
Why would we fill that request in the 4KIDS forum, huh?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #99
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Why would we fill that request in the 4KIDS forum, huh?
OOOPs, sorry
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #100
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Maybe try joining swapadvd.com. You can get on a waiting list for DVDs you want. You can sometimes be on a waiting list for months or a year, but I got Ninja Tribunal and Fast Forward vol 1 that way. Currently I'm in the #1 position for Season 2 part 2.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, dvd releases