The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM   #61
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Henson was definitely one of the best, but not the only one that could have pulled it off.

Rick Baker had done the effects for American Werewolf in London in 1981

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b337a483...7u8ao1_500.gif

and Harry and the Hendersons in 1987.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c9670bf9...k2apo1_500.gif

but if they were't willing to spend the money for Henson Studios i doubt they could have afforded Baker.

the team they hired just looked like they didn't have any budget to work with.
the materials looked like animated halloween masks.
Yeah Baker was great, his work on Harry and the Henderson's was puppet legend. Only saw the werewolf movie a few times as a kid, so I could not make a comment on that lol. His work on Gremlins 2 should get a mention.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #62
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Yeah Baker was great, his work on Harry and the Henderson's was puppet legend. Only saw the werewolf movie a few times as a kid, so I could not make a comment on that lol. His work on Gremlins 2 should get a mention.
i can honestly say if you enjoy horror movies, then you really might want to check out American Werewolf in London. absolute classic! i watch that movie at least 2 or 3 times a year.

good point about Gremlins 2!
now i'm wondering who did the effects for the first Gremlin film?
those effects were amazing!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #63
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
now i'm wondering who did the effects for the first Gremlin film?those effects were amazing!
Chris Walas. I like the sequel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
That's comparing 2 different monsters right there, it takes more work to make a talking walking turtle than it did for Johnny Five(Don't get me wrong I love the Johnny Five movies)
I get what you're saying. I would just think since they've done animatronic work already that they'd be qualified. Looking at the end result I think the company went in totally unprepared.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #64
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

It's not the Bay films ... so it automatically gets a pass.

To me, TMNT III is like the Batman & Robin of the franchise. Fun to laugh at. Some interesting moments in there, but overall a forgettable affair.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #65
dawwe
Foot Soldier

I do kinda like the basic idea of the turtles going back to feudal Japan using an old scepter.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #66
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

To the movies credit, its so bad its enjoyable. Even the one liners in the movie are memorable for how absurd they are:

"So you were expecting maybe the Adam's family?"

"Help I'm a turtle and I can't get up"

"Help, I think I swallowed a frog. Hope it wasn't an ancestor."
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #67
mrmaczaps
Banned

If you have read any of the weird colume one time travel comics then TMNT 3 makes much more sense. Still a bit weird and not quite right, but still better than the 2014/16 films.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

The movie is great.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #69
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

It lead to a funny episode of We Hate Movies last year, and a cool poster too! Other than that...nah movie is basura
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CniguCIUMAE_SBh.jpg (107.6 KB, 8 views)
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #70
Donnie
Something from the Past

I love TMNT III. Don't care what anyone says, I love it for story and for nostalgia. Michelangelo actually gets some real development in III.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:11 PM   #71
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

The 3rd movie will always be my second favorite of the original trilogy. It had a lot of heart warming moments, and allows the turtles to interact with more people. Mikey saving Yoshi from the burning building, Leo giving him CPR, and Raph bonding with the kid. A lot of great little moments. Like everyone said, they can use their weapons again, so that's nice. The conflict between the turtles wanting to stay because people appreciate them, versus going home to where they belong. A plot involving rebellion and war (though could be more fleshed out). Casey Jones being in there again.

For everyone saying the movie would be better if it had better suits, I also agree. Imagine if someone gets the money to take the existing movie, and use CGI to replace the suits with effects that look closer to the original movie. Nothing needs to be changed, just replace the turtles with CGI. Well done CGI of course.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #72
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
Imagine if someone gets the money to take the existing movie, and use CGI to replace the suits with effects that look closer to the original movie. Nothing needs to be changed, just replace the turtles with CGI. Well done CGI of course.
I'm not sure today's technology allows that in recreating the costume and the cost is way to expensive for a film that is disliked so much.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #73
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

After being terribly letdown by SOTO and their inability to use their weapons in the fights, I was in love with III when it first came out. I was so happy when I saw their weapons again that it automatically shot past SOTO for that alone. I also loved the fight scenes, the music (particularly during the dungeon and forest fights) and I love the scene when Raph throws his sai and breaks the woman's arrow. Also, the scenery in that forest fight is beautiful to look at.

What I didn't like was how the fighting skills of the turtles were vastly more powerful/competent than the samurai warriors, to where there was never any feeling like they ever stood a chance against the turtles. Also (just like SOTO) there was no "big boss" fight at the end. I can certainly see the flaws and extra cheese in watching the film today that I missed when I was younger, but overall I still rate it as my second favorite TMNT movie.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #74
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
After being terribly letdown by SOTO and their inability to use their weapons in the fights, I was in love with III when it first came out. I was so happy when I saw their weapons again that it automatically shot past SOTO for that alone. I also loved the fight scenes, the music (particularly during the dungeon and forest fights) and I love the scene when Raph throws his sai and breaks the woman's arrow. Also, the scenery in that forest fight is beautiful to look at.
Right?! TMNT III soundtrack is top-notch. Totally rivals the 1990 soundtrack.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote