The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #581
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I am also getting sick of Cyber's stupid obsessiveness over supergirl.
Be glad this isn't a Smallville thread from 2004. Cubed would be making naughty comments about all the ladies on that show... even Martha Kent!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #582
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Eyyyyy.... that might have been me in that case, if we're honest
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:10 AM   #583
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

So do you all think this show is coming back for another season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:22 AM   #584
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So do you all think this show is coming back for another season?
They already said Season 2 is likely, the writers were talking about bringing in Linda Carter (70's Wonder Woman) in a role next season. I don't think its been 100% confirmed yet though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:38 AM   #585
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
It doesn't matter if it's a fair point or not. I for one am sick and tired of always coming into this thread and instead of finding discussion about the show itself, it's mainly Cubed spewing nonsense with his stupid pervert shtick.

Seriously, I'm THIS close to reporting him myself for continuing to pollute this thread with his unfunny garbage.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID CRUSH, CYBERCUBED! GET OVER IT!
We could all pool our cash and buy our friend an inflatable Supergirl companion...
Old 03-26-2016, 09:33 AM   #586
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The show is worth watching simply for how cute Melissa Benoist is. This is one of the shows you watch for the actress rather than the story/scripting/writing.
I'll take Jenna Dewan (Lucy), Italia Ricci (Siobhan/Silver Banshee), or Laura Vandervoort (Indigo) over your Melissa Benoist.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #587
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Crossover was pretty decent. Hope Supergirl manages to somehow cross over into Earth-1 somehow next time.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #588
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

We didn't have time to watch it last night, but maybe we'll do a little double-feature tonight with "Worlds Finest" and "Flash Back."

So... still no confirmation on Season 2? Any fans worried? It seems unthinkable that this won't get a second season, regardless of the quality or lack thereof.

Also, I wonder how limited Supergirl is in potential characters it can use? The CW shows had to avoid using Harley Quinn, killed off Deadshot and Amanda Waller, and haven't brought back Captain Boomerang yet...

And yet Supergirl gets to actually confirm Superman exists. Does that mean the same rules don't apply?

It seems more likely to me that, by their existence on this show, we can conclude that the DCEU has no interest in utilizing the characters of Martian Manhunter, Maxwell Lord, Supergirl, or (as we already knew) Jimmy Olsen.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #589
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Last night's episode was fun, hoping it isn't a one-off.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #590
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Huh. I always assumed the ratings were as good as they were near the beginning of the season but it looks like it's become slightly less than half.

CBS isn't nearly as lenient on renewing failing shows as CW is.

I wonder whats going to happen if it doesn't get picked up? Move production to Vancouver on CW? Netflix? A movie to tie up any cliffhangers?

Moving to CW would be my choice, personally. It's already beat-for-beat a CW show hiding in CBS clothing(a tongue in cheek jab that was actually put into last episode). Yes, the budget would have to be scaled back dramatically, but after seeing what some of The Flash's FX team has been able to do on a shoestring budget, I wouldn't be worried.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:19 AM   #591
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I so wouldn't want it to be on Netflix because I don't have it, and Supergirl is too cool to not watch.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #592
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Huh. I always assumed the ratings were as good as they were near the beginning of the season but it looks like it's become slightly less than half.

CBS isn't nearly as lenient on renewing failing shows as CW is.

I wonder whats going to happen if it doesn't get picked up? Move production to Vancouver on CW? Netflix? A movie to tie up any cliffhangers?

Moving to CW would be my choice, personally. It's already beat-for-beat a CW show hiding in CBS clothing(a tongue in cheek jab that was actually put into last episode). Yes, the budget would have to be scaled back dramatically, but after seeing what some of The Flash's FX team has been able to do on a shoestring budget, I wouldn't be worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I so wouldn't want it to be on Netflix because I don't have it, and Supergirl is too cool to not watch.
Netflix has shows like JESSICA JONES and DAREDEVIL. They sure don't need the weaksauce that is Supergirl. The only thing I see happening is renewal because they don't want to lose a female audience or moving to CW, which already has the subpar Arrow and won't mind another subpar comic book show.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #593
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Netflix also has its fair share of awful shows, they just don't get talked about for obvious reasons

Going to CW would make crossovers easier, and they can keep Superman's existence soley in Supergirl's Earth since it was established its different from the Arrowverse.

Also, just a note based on last episode: Man does Flash need a new mask. It was hanging half off his face for half the episode. Time for a change up.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #594
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Netflix also has its fair share of awful shows, they just don't get talked about for obvious reasons

Going to CW would make crossovers easier, and they can keep Superman's existence soley in Supergirl's Earth since it was established its different from the Arrowverse.

Also, just a note based on last episode: Man does Flash need a new mask. It was hanging half off his face for half the episode. Time for a change up.
True, but all of the comic book shows Netflix offers (at least that I've seen) are excellent to "used to be excellent": Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Arrow, Flash, Agents of SHIELD (and probably Agent Carter, which I couldn't give less of a crap about).
Old 03-31-2016, 10:33 AM   #595
ABrown
Banned

I apologize for my ignorance, as I don't know a lot about Silver Banshee. But was Siobhan supposed to be wearing make up, or (like her aunt said) was her appearance a result of her losing her soul? The impression that I got was that it was supposed to be that she was wearing make up, since her change happened after Livewire's makeover. Speaking of Livewire, it was really nice to see her again. I guess I just prefer the female villains. What can I say, I like the chick fights.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:25 AM   #596
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Blu-ray release is confirmed.

I want to eventually watch this series in super awesome HD, but not for $60. This MSRP is making it more difficult to contemplate a blind buy.

http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Seas...K6TEWMGFNNJHMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #597
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Was it just me or did Supergirl seem like she had a Death Wish throughout the entirety of tonight's episode? It was almost Jack Bauer-esque from the second season of 24.

Also, Superman. Let's be honest, folks. He's a theoretical deadweight in this show. He makes a CGI cameo in the penultimate episode and is never heard from again until he IMs after Supergirl saves the world. And to add to the indignity of it all, the closing scene plays this background music:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #598
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Still no official renewal for Season 2. Is this normal for CBS?
Old 04-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #599
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Still no official renewal for Season 2. Is this normal for CBS?
CBS execs sit around the table every Spring and ask quietly...
"Is it finally time to reboot 'Touched by an Angel' for the Fall season?"

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #600
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
CBS execs sit around the table every Spring and ask quietly...
"Is it finally time to reboot 'Touched by an Angel' for the Fall season?"

That show isn't still seriously going, is it? I thought it was reruns. TELL ME THE TRUTH, I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!