The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

Bayturtles Subsection

I think we should have a sub-section within the movie section devoted exclusively to the modern Platinum Dunes films, in the way that we have collection/custom sections within the toy section.

Why? Because the bulk of the movie section has been overrun with threads about the film, while all of the old school stuff (including TMNT) is getting lost. It's a bustling topic & it's only going to get more & more spotlight as the sequels roll out. Yes, all of the movies have been co-existing peacefully in one section up until now, but I don't think it's working so well anymore...

The movie section on a whole has been locked twice now, & that unfortunately is a consequence that is unfair to those of us who wish to discuss the 4 other movies, as well as associated content (props, the numerous films that were not produced, documentaries, fan films, etc). I have no doubt in my mind that the drama related to this new controversial series of films will continue to occur, regardless of any policing, banning, new members, etc, & as such, there may end up being periodical cool-down periods, such as this, where once again, discussion of the other movies is nuked in the process. That time-out session should not affect any threads but those it pertains to.

I realize nowadays the section is almost exclusively used to talk about the new stuff, but prior to that, it was still quite lively with threads about the rest . I feel it would return to that state if the old & new were kept separate, & having the two apart would likely make keeping a watch over things easier for the mods. I know the power to make this happen ultimately rests with Krang, who seems to be wholly MIA as of late, but how does everyone else feel about this idea?

Also, further incentive, ban the worst offenders from that sole section alone, so that they can still wax vintage flicks but not cause trouble.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bayturtles