The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Is the idea of dinosaurs on Miyamoto Usagi's Earth from the Usagi Yojimbo comics?
Tokage lizards aren't dinosaurs. They've been around since the very first Usagi comic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #22
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Same here. This episode was excellent. The direction was very good, all the characters were written very well, the action scenes were particular standouts. The dialogue felt a bit off at times, but most of the time they did a good job. The visual storytelling was very good, something I didn't expect from this show, especially this late in.

I don't really have much else to say. It was a very very good episode, easily the best of the season thus far, and I'm interested to see what happens in the next two.
yeah, the action and cinematography were fantastic!
this was probably one of my most favorite episodes of this series since Tales of the Yokai.

it'll watch so much better once all the episodes are out, and it can all be viewed continuously.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Loved it. Wish it had been released all in one like the last one.

Did they make a Coming Out of Their Shells reference?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Did they make a Coming Out of Their Shells reference?
Did they? Enlighten us!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #25
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did they? Enlighten us!
I'm probably just reading way too much into Donatello saying that Evil Blind Wolf Dude could, "Count on us."

Old 07-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

****kng kino. Too 5 episode of the series. So glad this show was able to make this happen.

Quote:
I'm probably just reading way too much into Donatello saying that Evil Blind Wolf Dude could, "Count on us."
Probably a coincidence. I might likewise be reaching, but it seemed to me like they were referencing the first Usagi crossover (The Crossing by Laird) when the turtles came out of the water, then Leo and Usagi had a duel in the stream.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #27
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Spoiler:

YEAH! THAT'S WHAT THEY TOLD ME!

Old 07-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #28
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Hands down one of the best episodes of the series. I love this take on Usagi and Jei.

Anyone else wish they'd make a spin off featuring Usagi?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:40 PM   #29
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
im not trying to encourage anything but there was also leos line about "how they were experts at getting close to ppl"
Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #30
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

The first 10 minutes of this almost felt like a movie. Loved this! I know we would never get it, but a Usagi spin off would be amazing! Can't wait to see the conclusion!

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #31
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

There were a lot of thing that this episode clicked with me. I like how we start with Usagi's perspective and get a taste of not only him but also his world without the need for exposition for the first half, I like the atmosphere and environments(like Mycounis said it gave off an Akira Kurosawa vibe), and the fight choreography made me nostalgic for the human Bradford and Xever fights. There were some negatives however, I didn't care for Kintaro(I was hoping someone put that pug down old yeller style) and I thought it was kinda strange how the demon fox guy pretended to be a frail old man when he was brainwashing the turtles.

All in all good episode
Old 07-24-2017, 01:18 AM   #32
evan2000
Stone Warrior

This episode actually felt like Usagi's own show, with the turtles guest-staring in it, much like how TNM turtles crossovered in the Power Rangers in Space episode (the premise was also the same, with the turtles being initially brainwashed by the enemy and all). Although, this time it's actually the other way round

Sumo Kuma looked like an Ursaring

Did anyone notice that Raph was left out (intentional?) as the rest of them rode off the cliff at the very end?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:43 AM   #33
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post

Did anyone notice that Raph was left out (intentional?) as the rest of them rode off the cliff at the very end?
Oh wow I didn't realise till I went back and watched the last scene just then. Maybe he's the one who saves them or maybe he gets captured and they don't realise till they're safe.

There's also the theory that maybe the turtles are still being mind controlled by the wolf guy and he just temporarily disabled it and then maybe took Raph cause he's the best fighter?
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #34
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
This episode actually felt like Usagi's own show, with the turtles guest-staring in it, much like how TNM turtles crossovered in the Power Rangers in Space episode (the premise was also the same, with the turtles being initially brainwashed by the enemy and all). Although, this time it's actually the other way round

Sumo Kuma looked like an Ursaring

Raph was there when they jumped off the cliff. he is sharing a horse with Mikey.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #35
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I know we would never get it, but a Usagi spin off would be amazing!
Be careful what you wish for.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:29 AM   #36
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
this was a produced pilot for a never produced space usagi cartoon in the early nineties which stan sakai was involved in.unfortunatelly it never got its chance because the people with the money were frightened of failure with the demise of the bucky o'hare series shortly before.
these were just unfortunate circumstances, but maybe it had to be so and now there is another opening for an animated show of usagi in the waiting?would love it if ciro and everyone involved were into continuing with an original usagi series based on the comics after this turtles show is through
I have a feeling this moment in usagi's history is a very special one...

one more thing on space usagi: it is a multipart story spin off comic by stan sakai revolving around usagis descendant in the distant future. it was published by mirage studios during the early ninties and is being reprinted in full in the upcomming USAGI YOJIMBO: LEGENDS tpb that is seeing release by dark horse comics soon.check it out, as with everything usagi this is a must read.really exciting and fun and beautiful ideas and illustrations...(I vividly remember the giant space flowing turtle)
Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #37
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
this was a produced pilot for a never produced space usagi cartoon in the early nineties which stan sakai was involved in.unfortunatelly it never got its chance because the people with the money were frightened of failure with the demise of the bucky o'hare series shortly before.
these were just unfortunate circumstances, but maybe it had to be so and now there is another opening for an animated show of usagi in the waiting?would love it if ciro and everyone involved were into continuing with an original usagi series based on the comics after this turtles show is through
I have a feeling this moment in usagi's history is a very special one...

one more thing on space usagi: it is a multipart story spin off comic by stan sakai revolving around usagis descendant in the distant future. it was published by mirage studios during the early ninties and is being reprinted in full in the upcomming USAGI YOJIMBO: LEGENDS tpb that is seeing release by dark horse comics soon.check it out, as with everything usagi this is a must read.really exciting and fun and beautiful ideas and illustrations...(I vividly remember the giant space flowing turtle)
An entire movie based on Usagi Yojimbo would be awesome. Maybe not as a live action piece, but more a CG cartoon. Dreamworks would be a good company to do it since it's likely to attract the Kung fu panda fandom and you can theatrically say that even though they are different franchises they could occur in the same universe.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

It kind of shocks me that after 30 years, and Usagi's exposure through TMNT, that Stan Sakai never was able to launch a single Usagi cartoon.

It feels like something that should have happened years ago in the 90's or 2000's but never did.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #39
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Anybody got a screencap of when Usagi put the bone in Chosen One dog boy's mouth. That was hilarious.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It kind of shocks me that after 30 years, and Usagi's exposure through TMNT, that Stan Sakai never was able to launch a single Usagi cartoon.

It feels like something that should have happened years ago in the 90's or 2000's but never did.
The idea I get is that much like Bill Watterson, Stan doesn't want some toy company or a producer wrestling creative control over Usagi away from him, if that's the case it is noble sentiment and should be respected.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote