The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #21
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
you young kids of today will never know what it was like back then.
Are you calling me a young kid or just generally referring to all the youngsters reading your post? I'm older than you I think, born in 1983. I just don't get around the internet as much as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Huh yahoo search was a thing back then already. So I guess he found it out that way? I mean, how else would people be able to find out a website out of the blue back then?
I don't really know the history of search engines. I just remember the first websites I went to I manually typed in the domain names and didn't use a search method. I think it was mid/late 90's.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Are you calling me a young kid or just generally referring to all the youngsters reading your post? I'm older than you I think, born in 1983. I just don't get around the internet as much as you.

I don't really know the history of search engines. I just remember the first websites I went to I manually typed in the domain names and didn't use a search method. I think it was mid/late 90's.
Ah well I didn't start using the internet until 2000-2001 so I dunno how it was like in the mid-late 90s.

Yahoo search was my search engine until 2003 or so when I switched to Google. I remember many people not being fond of Google at first for not being a pure search engine. Once you went past the first page of results it'd show you links completely unrelated to the subject you had searched for.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #23
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I think it was through Mikeystmnt.com. Place seriously had like 5 active members.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #24
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ah well I didn't start using the internet until 2000-2001 so I dunno how it was like in the mid-late 90s.

Yahoo search was my search engine until 2003 or so when I switched to Google. I remember many people not being fond of Google at first for not being a pure search engine. Once you went past the first page of results it'd show you links completely unrelated to the subject you had searched for.
Yeah I was at my aunts house and she had "windows 95." I remember it was the first time I seen/heard Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' song that was loaded with the program. I think WWE/WWF website was one of the first I visited. Launched in 1998 iirc. It would have been cool to have found thetechnodrome.com a lot earlier than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I think it was through Mikeystmnt.com. Place seriously had like 5 active members.
Was that in 2005 or earlier and you hung around not signed up for awhile?
Old 10-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah I was at my aunts house and she had "windows 95." I remember it was the first time I seen/heard Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' song that was loaded with the program. I think WWE/WWF website was one of the first I visited. Launched in 1998 iirc. It would have been cool to have found thetechnodrome.com a lot earlier than I did.
WWF's website? Didn't soem of the top wrestlers have their own websites back then? Watch Raw episodes from 2000 or so and look at when their names are on the screen as they enter the ring. It says things like therock.com and such under their names.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #26
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
The link is on the sidebar of DrSpenglers blog "TMNT Entity". Checked it out years ago and lurked since. Figured, screw it, I'll join.
Do you know when DrSpengler started that blog?
Quote:
WWF's website? Didn't soem of the top wrestlers have their own websites back then? Watch Raw episodes from 2000 or so and look at when their names are on the screen as they enter the ring. It says things like therock.com and such under their names.
Yeah the wrestling website. Other wrestlers could have had their own websites as well. I only remember going to WWF website. I think around the same time WWF became a publicly traded company and you could buy stock. I thought that was cool but couldn't buy any because I was only a teenager.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Back the day Secret Origins Part 2 aired of the 2003 cartoon I I looked on the internet to confirm by theory that Shredder was the utrom convict to get around slaying him in Return To New York part 3. I found this site that day. I dragged my feet registering as I was content to just read thoughts of the episodes as they aired when I lurked in the 4Kids and General section once or twice a month.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not much to tell really. Easily showed up on Google in the heyday of the pending 2014 movie drama.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
How did I find this forum? Easy; I Googled TMNT fan sites several years ago. First one on the list.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't really remember but I know it was during the 25th anniversary hype.

Pretty sure I had used the main site a bit here & there over the years, not noticing it had a forum option (not that it mattered as I was never into the idea of forums).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #31
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Do you know when DrSpengler started that blog?
Couldn't tell you, but it was years ago for sure. He's had it at least since before the sale to Nickelodean, because I remember he had an article or two about that and concerns over IDW taking on the license.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #32
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Couldn't tell you, but it was years ago for sure. He's had it at least since before the sale to Nickelodean, because I remember he had an article or two about that and concerns over IDW taking on the license.
The IDW thing sounds like an interesting article subject. I am going to try and track it down unless you happen to have the link already available?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #33
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The IDW thing sounds like an interesting article subject. I am going to try and track it down unless you happen to have the link already available?
Not offhand, but it's simple to find, so I just went ahead and grabbed the link.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/...se-my-gut.html
Old 10-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #34
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I was getting back into TMNT at the time.
I did a Google Images search for Sewer Surfin’ Leo (which was my first TMNT figure ever) and this picture came up:

It led back to this place and after a long time of lurking, I eventually made an account.
The rest was, as they say, history.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #35
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Through a Google search. Visited for a couple of months before joining.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #36
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I think I did a Yahoo search for "teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon" around late 2002 and the website came up. I just looked at the main page at the time. I didn't actually check out most of the forums until I registered an account a few years ago. Didn't know there were so many subsections.

Last edited by Wesley; 10-06-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #37
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I don't remember how I initially found this site. Maybe it was linked in the Ring of Green? Or, I was a member of the old mailing list. Maybe it was mentioned there? I lurked for a while. In 2003 I joined when I felt the urge to participate in the 2k3 episode discussions.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #38
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Googling for information about TMNT some weeks before Christmas 2003. TMNT for me back then was just a memory, consisting of

*Some videotapes of the 1987-1996 series.

*TMNT Adventures comic books and storybooks

*Action figures
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #39
Sumac
Banned

Was looking for some information related to Ninja Turtles back in 2003 in Internet Cafe. Found Ninja Turtles.com and Technodrome Forums.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #40
sdp
-

I was looking for information about the first Lionsgate OT DVD and found the forums.

In fact that lionsgate DVD revived my interest in the turtles, I was a teenager and had stopped liking the turtles many years before that but I was old enough that when walking through Walmart and finding that DVD tickled all the right nostalgia feathers and I became obsessed with the turtles. I might not have registered until the second DVD came out a year later though but that's when I originally found the drome forums.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote