The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #4221
neatoman
Emperor

It looks... Fine... At least in comparison to the last show. It doesn't really do anything that seems dumber. Not bad but not quite what I'd prefer. From the looks of it, I'd wager it'll continue on the last show's track of "Let's fill the show with stupid/gross monsters, because that's what the 5-8 male demographic likes".
Hahahaha!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #4222
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Hypno-potamus gives me hope for Leonerdo.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #4223
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

In what way...?
Old 06-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #4224
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Hypnotism.

Here's a new video.

Spoiler:

Old 06-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #4225
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh, cool! JJ worked on the last show, too. It's nice to see how many people are still on board.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 06-13-2018, 02:31 AM   #4226
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Is Albearto based on an animatronics? He looks like a Five Nights at Freddy's thing
Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #4227
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
On Leo: "so far Leo hasn't been able to really be a teenager because he is always the leader" so they made him second. "He's kind of or Star Lord or Han Solo... completely able to be the leader but a bit of a smart ass"
So, I guess Leonardo will eventually lead the green team. Such a shame.

I wonder what they mean by second, though.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #4228
Powder
So tired of this place

What is there to wonder about? It's directly related to the Star Lord/Han Solo comment. He's like them, personality wise. Are you not familiar with either of the two?

Old 06-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #4229
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

As someone who is a huge Star Lord/ Han Solo fan.I might actually like Leonardo for a change
Old 06-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #4230
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What is there to wonder about? It's directly related to the Star Lord/Han Solo comment. He's like them, personality wise. Are you not familiar with either of the two?
I'm (barely) know Han Solo, but I'm not familiar with Star Lord.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #4231
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I believe it's the nickname of the guy who was the central character in Guardians of the Galaxy, if you saw that film.

Leo never getting to be a teenager... Who says? Are we really assuming all teens are the same? Some teens are more responsible and mature a bit earlier in terms of behavior than their peers. It isn't a crime or somehow a loss to a series that Leo is one of them, and throughout franchise history. It actually makes it funner/sweeter when he DOES goof off, crack a joke or comment, etc because it isn't his usual mode. Making him like that all the time is going to get old... Won't be cute anymore when he does it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-13-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #4232
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I believe it's the nickname of the guy who was the central character in Guardians of the Galaxy, if you saw that film.
Oh. I never saw that film.

My bad.

Quote:
Leo never getting to be a teenager... Who says? Are we really assuming all teens are the same? Some teens are more responsible and mature a bit earlier in terms of behavior than their peers. It isn't a crime or somehow a loss to a series that Leo is one of them, throughout franchise history.
Who knows? It could be an interesting take.

Mr. Suriano seems to envision Leonardo as a(n) "juvenile delinquent". Like, people who get/run into trouble on purpose, and try to think their way out of their situation - all for the thrill of adventure. They tend to like being in complicated situations that make them feel like some superhero or something. They're typically arrogant people who tend to act self-assertive, as if their full of charisma.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #4233
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I believe it's the nickname of the guy who was the central character in Guardians of the Galaxy, if you saw that film..
Correct his real name is Peter Jason Quill but he prefers Star Lord Legendary Outlaw. He is the Leader of the GOTG he can be an asshole he has great taste in music and pop culture he comes up with hair brained schemes sometimes. If Leo has any of those qualities he will be quite interesting
Old 06-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #4234
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I'm (barely) know Han Solo, but I'm not familiar with Star Lord.
Ok, that makes sense then. Star Lord is basically the Han Solo of Guardians Of The Galaxy. Anyway, both characters are basically charismatic, confident, fearless, heroic, but have somewhat of a drive toward reckless abandon due to being a bit too smug. They have the skills & mind for leadership, but don't necessarily want the role, they're more selfish. But in the end their charm & capabilities make people wanna follow their lead by proxy. They're not a far cry from Leonardo, just that they're more prone to wisecracks & sometimes get too ahead of themselves. If those characters are their inspiration, it should work real well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Mr. Suriano seems to envision Leonardo as a(n) "juvenile delinquent". Like, people who get/run into trouble on purpose, and try to think their way out of their situation - all for the thrill of adventure. They tend to like being in complicated situations that make them feel like some superhero or something. They're typically arrogant people who tend to act self-assertive, as if their full of charisma.
This describes Han Solo & Star Lord fairly well, actually, so you may have hit the nail on the head. Though I'd say they do have a sense of honor, they're not delinquent in the way one might consider Raph to be. I'm very much down for a Leo like this, personally!

Old 06-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #4235
CyberCubed
Overlord

Leo becoming leader was obvious and I find it hard to believe so many people thought it wouldn't happen. It'll likely be a character arc for Season 1 and as I said I expect Leo to act as the leader by the finale and it to be a permanent change. I also fully expect Raph to get his sai's as "graduation" from Splinter so it doesn't look like he loses something when he steps down as leader too by the end.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #4236
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Leo becoming leader was obvious and I find it hard to believe so many people thought it wouldn't happen. It'll likely be a character arc for Season 1 and as I said I expect Leo to act as the leader by the finale and it to be a permanent change. I also fully expect Raph to get his sai's as "graduation" from Splinter so it doesn't look like he loses something when he steps down as leader too by the end.
But are they gonna glow red though??
Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #4237
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Its not confirmed at all that Leonardo will be the main leader of the team yet.

All the turtles develop leadership skills, and its very possible that Leonardo will be the second in command whenever Raph is unavailable.

Also, any source for Rise Raphael getting Sais?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 06-13-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 PM   #4238
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Its not confirmed at all that Leonardo will be the main leader of the team yet.

All the turtles develop leadership skills, and its very possible that Leonardo will be the second in command whenever Raph is unavailable.

Also, any source for Rise Raphael getting Sais?
Didn't they say Leo is 2nd in the latest info?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:53 PM   #4239
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm down for a Star Lord-type Leo ! Especially since Quill is already kind of going down a path of settling down a little bit from his current path.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #4240
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Variety did an article concerning Annecy.

Rise!TMNT announced for Halloween Comic Fest 2018!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Papenbrook; 06-15-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters