The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 11:16 PM   #21
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

In truth? This board is as toxic as cyanide. But you can survive here. If you lay low, keep your mouth shut, block the people who you just can't get along with, only post in threads you want to have a discussion in, and bail on a discussion when a thread turns into a toxic argument, and you'll be just fine.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 11-07-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:42 AM   #22
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

There's other fandoms that can be like this. Sonic, MLP, and of course, Batman. There's some that think Batman should only be dark and gritty, some that think the Nolan series are the only true Batman films, and others who think only Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill should voice Batman and Joker.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:07 AM   #23
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I don't think it's the fandom or the board itself so much as half the members seem like they hate each other.

Quote:
And you want to see proof of this board's toxicity? Look at the insulting tag added to this thread after I posted. This board makes it too easy sometimes.
The tags are always good if you feel like rolling your eyes.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #24
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
only post in threads you want to have a discussion in,
Wouldn't not doing this be pointless and counter-productive?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:47 AM   #25
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Wouldn't not doing this be pointless and counter-productive?
Why?
I believe, if you have nothing to say, then it's better to say nothing at all, rather flood every topic with "whatever" thoughts.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:03 AM   #26
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Why?
I believe, if you have nothing to say, then it's better to say nothing at all, rather flood every topic with "whatever" thoughts.
Isn't that what I was just saying....?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #27
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But is that really "toxicity" or is that just... the way it is?
a bit of both.

rudeness, insulting behavior, and down right insanity are the new norm on message boards these days.

gone is the way of most conversation, and in it's place is 'I'm right, your stupid if you think I'm wrong and boo on you'..attitude.

It's even worse now due to the rise of the insulting SJW and feminist behavior. that's one reason why the Block button is so important. and even that isn't 100% perfect in helping to keep your sanity online these days.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #28
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

It's a playground or a prison exercise yard. Find the biggest baddest user, attack him, show you have no fear and that you're crazy.

Then don't be afraid to shiv the guards or the white supremacist gang down in the next cellblock.

Or, to return to the playground, analogy, hit the bully who was held back two years in a row with a rock when he tries to take your buddy's retainer.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #29
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Isn't that what I was just saying....?
Sorry, I am ****ed up.

P.S.
Also, can moderators do something about idiotic tag?
Old 11-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #30
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
It's even worse now due to the rise of the insulting SJW and feminist behavior. that's one reason why the Block button is so important. and even that isn't 100% perfect in helping to keep your sanity online these days.
Translation:
Wah! My safe space has been infiltrated by people I think are less than me and they demand I be treated as if they're my equals!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Erm, yeah, what exactly is "feminist behavior" in this fandom? Wishing for a few more female mutants...?
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #32
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Why is feminist behavior is insulting and where does it appear in relation to TMNT?

Especially considering that TMNT always had a sizable female fanbase.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #33
Vegita-San
Emperor

just referring to the new types of posts one often sees in fandom these days. not specific to tmnt but it is elsewhere.

just more of the toxicity you see online these days.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #34
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Every fandom is toxic to a degree.

What I've seen on this board is small potatoes compared to what's on Reddit, DeviantArt, and Tumblr. If anything, I think that the slightly antiquated quality that old style message boards have seems to weed out the really crazy people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #35
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
just referring to the new types of posts one often sees in fandom these days. not specific to tmnt but it is elsewhere.

just more of the toxicity you see online these days.
You equating feminism with toxicity is itself toxic and it's why I can't ****ing stand you
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:49 AM   #36
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Translation:
Wah! My safe space has been infiltrated by people I think are less than me and they demand I be treated as if they're my equals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Erm, yeah, what exactly is "feminist behavior" in this fandom? Wishing for a few more female mutants...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Why is feminist behavior is insulting and where does it appear in relation to TMNT?

Especially considering that TMNT always had a sizable female fanbase.
I can tell you this much: if a community is swamped with certain members who're constantly whining about feminism or "SJWs" (and said whining is usually triggered by absolutely nothing at all), that's not a place I wanna spend a lot of time. It's especially bizarre in this place. Just insane, obsessive axe-grinding that some folks are just desperate to dreg up and fight over.

In general, dudes who sincerely use terms like "SJW" and "cuck" are just... not gonna be pleasant to talk to or be around at any point.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

Person 1: States opinions/views/feeling on something.
Person 2: Can't leave it alone, has to counter them and try to invalidate person 1's opinion/feeling on it, or simply insults them if they have nothing to actually offer on the topic.
Person 1: Because invalidated, continues to "complain" or otherwise discuss it.
Person 2: Continues to be an ass because they refuse to see they're part of the problem since they can't leave well enough alone and let a person have their say without having to butt in. Behavior continues to try to invalidate.
And so on...

That's.... Cubed in a nutshell. Say anything bad about the 2K3 or 2012 series and he'll randomly swoop down like a vulture to 'correct you' and explain 'why you're wrong' and why the character or episode you think sucks is actually the best ever and there's something wrong with you for thinking the opposite.

Lol what indeed.

When he thinks he has the final word and nothing else could be possibly said to disprove him, he calls for the thread to be locked.

Oh my god. I finally figured it out.... he's not a man. Not a troll. Not even a plant.

He's the living embodiment of the toxicity of the tmnt fanbase. It grew so powerful that it took human form and gained sentience. This probably happened some day in May I believe.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #38
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
He's the living embodiment of the toxicity of the tmnt fanbase. It grew so powerful that it took human form and gained sentience. This probably happened some day in May I believe.
If so, he got cloned on other message boards.

another dude on the only forum I got banned on had the exact same MO. Only everyone pretty much universally agrees he's a Disney plant.

He insults your opinions. he berades and belittles you with ass like comments. and somehow gets away with it all too, because on that board if you have any kind of hollywood connection you apparently get free reign to be a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
anything, I think that the slightly antiquated quality that old style message boards have seems to weed out the really crazy people.
Not all of them. and some are so bad, they MAKE you crazy just trying to think up the weird 'logic' some people use and the complete 180 degree turns into insanity some people take totally out of the blue.

as rough as this place gets sometime, I find it's alot more sane than that other forum.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
If anything, I think that the slightly antiquated quality that old style message boards have seems to weed out the really crazy people.
True, maybe the advent of social media has helped that? At least for the rapid fire ones who might find message boards and their bigger discussions too much work and easier to block them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
living embodiment of the toxicity
Am I the only one that immediately pictured the pink slime from Ghostbusters? lol
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #40
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
True, maybe the advent of social media has helped that? At least for the rapid fire ones who might find message boards and their bigger discussions too much work and easier to block them.

Am I the only one that immediately pictured the pink slime from Ghostbusters? lol
He might be.

To his credit, at least Cubed doesn't insult you too horribly. He just has trouble (or a stubborn refusal) admitting that other people have different opinions than his and his word isn't law.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i_need_a_adult, sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity