The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Osama Bin laden was an anime and video game fan

https://www.pcgamesn.com/osama-bin-laden-anime-gamer

This is nearly a month old now, but the world needs to know that Bin Laden watched Naruto and played Animal Crossing games. That's a funny visual, don't ya think?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Osama Bin Laden has **** taste in anime confirmed.

Though the dude had lots of kids so maybe it was for them
Old 11-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Osama Bin Laden has **** taste in anime confirmed.
I hope he liked One Piece, at least. If he had time to watch or read Bleach and Naruto surely he must have checked out OP?

At least he seemed to have a decent taste in games.

Doubt his kids lived with him in his hideout. He couldn't afford to be discovered. So I doubt he lived with a lot of people.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

This is so random
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

It's kind of amusing to imagine someone who was the world's biggest terrorist at some point playing a game like Animal Crossing, which is like the happiest game ever. I know he was still human, but hard to imagine someone like him playing such an innocent game.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
Sumac
Banned

It's actually something we always should consider and remember.
That even the worst people are just people. Not some monsters or what not, but just people.
We should remember it not to become monsters like them.

P.S.
This topic is really random.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I watched a documentary about 6 years ago after his death detailing what his life in the compound was like, I'm pretty sure it was said that many of his kids (and wives) were living with him for a good number of years.

If his kids were older an 10, I bet they downloaded and torrented the anime/games themselves. Kids these days know alot about the internet.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I watched a documentary about 6 years ago after his death detailing what his life in the compound was like, I'm pretty sure it was said that many of his kids (and wives) were living with him for a good number of years.

If his kids were older an 10, I bet they downloaded and torrented the anime/games themselves.
Makes you wonder how it took so long for him to be found, then. No one ever asked his kids or his wife who their father/husband was and why he was never seen?
Old 11-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #9
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Makes you wonder how it took so long for him to be found, then. No one ever asked his kids or his wife who their father/husband was and why he was never seen?
I mean how are they going to find him with that information, I doubt they were the only people who downloaded Naruto
Old 11-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I only vaguely remember the documentary, but I do remember some people being of the town being interviewed saying that no one knew who lived in the house since the residents never came out of the compound, and only a select few people with links to Bin Laden were permitted to enter in order to deliver basic needs like drinking water and food.

On a similar yet unrelated note, Adolf Hitler was a huge hollywood fan, with a particular fondness for Disney. His favourite Disney film was reportedly Snow White.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I mean how are they going to find him with that information, I doubt they were the only people who downloaded Naruto
I don't mean that. But his kids and his wife surely went out no? His kids went to school or went out to play with other kids and his wife... well someone had to shop for groceries, no? After all, he couldn't let anyone see him.

Quote:
I only vaguely remember the documentary, but I do remember some people being of the town being interviewed saying that no one knew who lived in the house since the residents never came out of the compound, and only a select few people with links to Bin Laden were permitted to enter in order to deliver basic needs like drinking water and food.

On a similar yet unrelated note, Adolf Hitler was a huge animation fan, with a particular fondness for Disney. His favourite Disney film was reportedly Snow White.
No one found that suspicious? I guess they assumed a drug dealer lived there or something
Old 11-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #12
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I highly doubt that all the stuff found on that computer was his.
The games and anime were likely a way to entertain his children or some other kids.
But who knows. It’d be interesting if he was actually into that stuff.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I highly doubt that all the stuff found on that computer was his.
The games and anime were likely a way to entertain his children or some other kids.
But who knows. It’d be interesting if he was actually into that stuff.
I mean, he couldn't leave his home, so... what else could he do to entertain himself? Doubt he just sat on his ass at home all day looking at the wall. He needed some entertainment to keep his sanity. So maybe he did try to get into anime and games to pass the time.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A funny thought, what if Bin Laden joined the technodrome forums?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Personally, I'm a little more surprised by the fact that of all the Pixar movies around, Cars was one of the ones he had.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was hard enough for quite a while to wrap the mind around such people using Facebook, and now you throw this info in? lol

I mean, come on, that's like being told that Freddy Krueger is an avid user of Instagram and all those annoying selfie face filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Personally, I'm a little more surprised by the fact that of all the Pixar movies around, Cars was one of the ones he had.
I dunno... a sentient vehicle that could be brainwashed into suicide bombing a crowd on its own? Dream come true. lol

Quote:
A funny thought, what if Bin Laden joined the technodrome forums?
Nah, I doubt he'd approve of those Turtles. Beating up people who want to rule the world, as they do. Plus they like pepperoni which contains pork. Green infidels.

'Course, I suppose Shredder could have been his idol instead.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-27-2017 at 10:56 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

If Bin laden wouldn't like the Turtles for that then I guess he shouldn't like Bleach and naruto either, as I imagine the main characters are also heroic.

I mean... in his mind he thought he was the one in the right, I bet. In the case of One Piece, for example, a group of pirates are heroes and fight against other pirates and a corrupt government. I could see Bin Laden seeing himself in the Straw hats and seeing the world government in OP as USA and Israel or smth.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #18
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Who ever knew that one day in 2017, people on a tmnt forum would be discussing Osama Bin Ladens favourite animes and cartoons.

I guess anything is possible in these forume
Old 12-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Such people should stick to this entertainment, and the world would be a much better place.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote