The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 12:46 AM   #461
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
And break his 10-movies-rule? I'm not sure of that...
Tarantino has officially said that Trek 14 would not apply to his 10 movie rule. So no, Turtles: The Movie Part 7 wouldn't apply either.

Quote:
PS.: or Fincher doing City at War?
Oh man... I really wish Fincher was a TMNT fan.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:01 AM   #462
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Tarantino has officially said that Trek 14 would not apply to his 10 movie rule.
When was that? I googled it, and didn't find it.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:58 AM   #463
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
When was that? I googled it, and didn't find it.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79071

"Will this affect Quentin's set 10 number of films he had in mind to make? It won't! QT said that if he made a James Bond or a Star Trek, that would be outside of his 10! So we may get 11"
Old 12-31-2017, 02:06 AM   #464
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Thanks! The TMNT-flick could be then his 12th!
Old 12-31-2017, 02:12 AM   #465
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Thanks! The TMNT-flick could be then his 12th!
It might be of one of those, "Be careful what you wish for!" scenarios, though. Maybe Tarantino is, like, a closet Fred Wolf cartoon fan who's been exposed to that and nothing else, and wants nothing more than to make that version on an adult platform and subvert it as an allegory to apartheid or something.

But I dunno. If he could bring some Bride vs. Crazy 88s-style stuff to TMNT... that'd be worth the price of admission alone.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:21 AM   #466
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It might be of one of those, "Be careful what you wish for!" scenarios, though. Maybe Tarantino is, like, a closet Fred Wolf cartoon fan who's been exposed to that and nothing else, and wants nothing more than to make that version on an adult platform and subvert it as an allegory to apartheid or something.
Oh, yes! I see that happen! But who knows: perhaps he succeds with it so well, that it will be your gate to the FW cartoon, and you convert to a FW-fan!

Quote:
But I dunno. If he could bring some Bride vs. Crazy 88s-style stuff to TMNT... that'd be worth the price of admission alone.
Yes, the way he coreographed tha fight scenes in Kill Bill was great. I wish to see something like that in a TMNT-movie somedays. If everything turns out well, I have 40-some years left, so I have time to wait...
Old 12-31-2017, 05:44 AM   #467
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79071

"Will this affect Quentin's set 10 number of films he had in mind to make? It won't! QT said that if he made a James Bond or a Star Trek, that would be outside of his 10! So we may get 11"
"Aw man, I phased Red in the face!"
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:52 AM   #468
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You can't tell me you weren't excited when we were being promised a dark mirage like movie with Baxter as the villian and using real suits with CG like where the wild things are.

Sure it might've not been all it was promised but at least the potential was there. All of that was scrapped for alien turtles and white shredder as the new plan for the movie after the sale.
Completely agree ... I remember being incredibly hyped for it and I honestly still think Baxter and real suits with CGI is still the way to go. John Fusco apparently wrote the script for it and I've been wishing that thing would leak already.

It makes me nervous though with Paramount helming TMNT as a whole since they didn't seem to be on board with this version. According to a 2012 interview with Kevin Eastman ...

"Three years ago, I started working on the John Fusco version, which was this awesome, awesome, awesome ‘Batman Begins’ kind of take on the first movie. It was really interesting, but it was maybe a little too edgy for what Paramount wanted. It went through a couple of different versions before Michael Bay took it over and brought in Jonathan Liebesman (‘Wrath of the Titans,’ ‘Battle Los Angeles’) to direct.”

There's always a chance too that the disappointment of those Platinum Dunes movies could lead Paramount into trying something a little different with their TMNT films. Perhaps in 2009 after the acquisition, they only had a particular vision for how the movies SHOULD be ... and now they'll be willing to experiment a bit.

Though a good number of people apparently went to see the first PD film, the sequel made less than half of what movie one did ... so that shows the hunger for TMNT movies is there, but the public ultimately wants to see GOOD TMNT movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Laird workd on the 2007 movie and thought that was "great and dark," meanwhile it was just ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I need a quote other wise I don't believe that the same man who violently killed off his main antagonist in the first issue would consider 2k7 dark
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of 2007's "TMNT" either ... but I think that movie's only true "dark" moment is just the battle tension between Leonardo and Raphael. However, that proved to me ultimately more emotional than ANYTHING that those PD movies produced ... and Kevin Eastman was talking ad nauseam about how incredible those movies were.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 12-31-2017 at 08:38 AM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #469
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of 2007's "TMNT" either ... but I think that movie's only true "dark" moment is just the battle tension between Leonardo and Raphael. However, that proved to me ultimately more emotional than ANYTHING that those PD movies produced ... and Kevin Eastman was talking ad nauseam about how incredible those movies were.
I personally found the fight scene between them to be just fan indulgence. There was absolutely no reason at that point in the film why they needed to fight so it felt hollow, at least to me.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films