Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
whitemonkey
Thug

wow!

you mean she will actually send me each individual one as they come out
at full price?

Imagine That.

They really should do something about that.

Last edited by whitemonkey; 06-18-2009 at 08:55 PM.
whitemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
I'm-a-charging my laser
Mouser

Got a question. Has anyone bought from mycomicsshop on eBay? If so, would you say the grading is reliable?
I'm-a-charging my laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Rat A Tat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-a-charging my laser View Post
Got a question. Has anyone bought from mycomicsshop on eBay? If so, would you say the grading is reliable?
I haven't purchased from them through ebay but I have purchased directly from their site. Their products have always come in great quality and accurate to the grade. They package the comics well enough to protect from your average rough handling.

One thing to note about them is that if you choose one of their USPS shipping options, they no longer provide the USPS tracking number. Not a big deal because USPS tracking sucks anyways, and that's the very reason they no longer provide it.
Rat A Tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-a-charging my laser View Post
I buy comics from them from time to time, from their store and from ebay. I have no complaints up 'till now.

Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題

No complaints in grading quality, but several times, they've sent me the wrong comic. They told me to hang onto the mistake and completely refunded me, but I'd honestly rather have what I ordered.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
thingy
Foot Soldier

Are there any differences between the Heavy Metal Bodycount trade and the earlier Image one, aside from the dimensions?
thingy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
dellamorte
New Recruit

Hello all. I hope that someone on here can help me. I recently came across a tmnt #1 and I'm trying to determine if it is legit or one of the counterfeits. I've searched all over and the only info I can find is that the fakes have a white streak or scratching across the back cover and bright white interior pages. The copy I've found does have a bit of scratching across the back cover but the interior pages are newsprint. It does have the ad for Gobbledygook. Here are a couple pics I took. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dellamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
ImperialPointe
New Recruit

Does anyone have any idea which TMNT issue or volume or collection would contain a two-headed, half-Frankenstein, half-vampire like monster? I read this comic to death about 18 years ago, and have searched the web high and low for any mention or clue as to what I actually read. Thanks!
ImperialPointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPointe View Post
Does anyone have any idea which TMNT issue or volume or collection would contain a two-headed, half-Frankenstein, half-vampire like monster? I read this comic to death about 18 years ago, and have searched the web high and low for any mention or clue as to what I actually read. Thanks!
Vol. 1 book 29.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
Topsu
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPointe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Vol. 1 book 29.
Eh? I doubt that, since I guess he's talking about Monsterex, who was in some Archie's Adventures Special. I have the finnish issue, but let's see from Archie sourcebook....mmm... TMNT Adventures Special #3, if this is correct. And #7 too.

If this and this is what you're looking for

Last edited by Topsu; 11-18-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Bjarni
Hench Mutant

What was Krang's last appearance in the TMNT Adventures?

EDIT
TMNT Adventures #25

My YouTube account

Last edited by Bjarni; 12-05-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Asked a question. Found the answer
Bjarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
azrael
Mad Scientist

Where does vol 3 pick up at? the end of 2 or starts its own?
________
Buy vapir oxygen

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
Dinobot
Random Punk

In Vol. 4 Number 4 what's the deal with Krarai kicking the crap out of the Turtles? Wast just training or a flashback?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
Bjarni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
In Vol. 4 Number 4 what's the deal with Krarai kicking the crap out of the Turtles? Wast just training or a flashback?
She was training. It was Foot Soldiers using some kind of Holographic technology to resemble the Turtles. In the simulation, there were two other Turtles as well.

In the Volume 4 storyline, there was still a truce between Karai and the Turtles. She's probably training in order to expect the worst.

My YouTube account
Bjarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Dinobot
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjarni View Post
She was training. It was Foot Soldiers using some kind of Holographic technology to resemble the Turtles. In the simulation, there were two other Turtles as well.

In the Volume 4 storyline, there was still a truce between Karai and the Turtles. She's probably training in order to expect the worst.
Thought so, just wanted it confirmed. Thanks for the answer.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjarni View Post
I don't remember this, may have to go back and look.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

I may have come into some cardboard cutouts of VHS displays for Movie II. I'm sure more of these exist, but I can't seem to find em on-line. Are there sites, or perhaps ebay auctions where I could see more of these?
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
I may have come into some cardboard cutouts of VHS displays for Movie II. I'm sure more of these exist, but I can't seem to find em on-line. Are there sites, or perhaps ebay auctions where I could see more of these?
This would be a question for the collecting forum. This is comic books.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

I've asked it before, but I haven't got the clearest answer:

I know that Casey Jones in Down by North East was orginally serialized in black-and-white in Plastron Cafe, then reprinted in color and completed as a two-part mini series. Did they have to change or reformat anything like maybe the serialized version had title pages that had to changed for the color two-part version or something like that?

The first three chapters serialized in Plastron Cafe #1-3 would (according to Mirage's site's page count) would be 23 pages long, but the first color Casey Jones issue is 24 pages long. Did they add in an extra page from Plastron Cafe #4 or something? Much like Casey Jones & Raphael #1 vs. Bodycount #1, this was got me just a wee bit confused.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
I've asked it before, but I haven't got the clearest answer:

I know that Casey Jones in Down by North East was orginally serialized in black-and-white in Plastron Cafe, then reprinted in color and completed as a two-part mini series. Did they have to change or reformat anything like maybe the serialized version had title pages that had to changed for the color two-part version or something like that?

The first three chapters serialized in Plastron Cafe #1-3 would (according to Mirage's site's page count) would be 23 pages long, but the first color Casey Jones issue is 24 pages long. Did they add in an extra page from Plastron Cafe #4 or something? Much like Casey Jones & Raphael #1 vs. Bodycount #1, this was got me just a wee bit confused.
North by Downeast as serialized in Plastron Cafe was supposed to be 6 parts, but the title got canceled before it could be completed. All my issues are too buried to be able to answer anything about the title pages.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions