The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #161
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
... I guess? If you mean that Utroms would have made that particular movie better, I guess that line about Donatello doubting the ooze's origin might have some payoff? The way it's presented in the movie it just seems like he's unhappy about the obvious.

If you mean just a movie detailing their origin, sure. What explaination did the other movies give us? Freak accidental waste product and a scam to get stupid rich off a poison? Utroms are the key to a bigger world, they don't feel like a cheap answer.
The ooze was supposed to be extraterrestrial, and that's what was supposed to be it's secret.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #162
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The ooze was supposed to be extraterrestrial, and that's what was supposed to be it's secret.
I know it says in the script that the scientist was going to turn out to be an utrom, so yeah, the secret in the title was lost.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #163
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I know it says in the script that the scientist was going to turn out to be an utrom, so yeah, the secret in the title was lost.
At least, I wish that script could've been in a comic adaption of the film.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #164
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
As do I.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #165
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
That would not have been an unreasonable expectation. That's kind of how a lot of comic book adaptations of movies are, I know the comic/novel version of Transformers 3 has the script ending where Optimus and Megatron enter a truce. The actual movie ends with Optimus ripping his head off for suggesting a truce which really doesn't seem like a fitting ending at all.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #166
Danetello
Stone Warrior

For me, personally, I like the second one as much as the first, if not a little more in some regards.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:54 AM   #167
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Honestly, even though I do personally like TMNT III better and have enjoyed all of the TMNT movies, I do know that the original is the closest that we've ever gotten to being faithful to Mirage. Do I think there will come a time when it can be surpassed/more faithful to Mirage? Not in this generation(the next 25-ish years) at least, not in America anyway.

Japan could do it if they wanted to and got the rights to it. TMNT of course does have Japanese influences and Japan does know it's own history even if they do have selective amnesia about it at times.

For America to do it, first of all they need to go to the source material(Mirage, NOT FW despite it being more popular). Not worry about doing a true adaption or even superior adaption(in other words, don't hold back an R rating). At present, I believe very much that directors like Clint Eastwood, Edward Zwick, or Peter Jackson could pull it off. Problem is, none of them would ever have any desire to. So, what we need is for Andrew or another Mirage purist to get into Directing movies(if one hasn't already) and get the ball rolling!
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #168
dawwe
Foot Soldier

No, I don't think that the Steve Barron film will ever be topped. It's actually one of my favorite movies. Is it a perfect movie? Not really but it's still a personal favorite. There is of course some nostalgia there but it still holds up even if you take that into account. Though it would be nice if I was suprised and blown away by a new TMNT movie but I really doubt it's ever going to happen.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #169
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

If it didn't by now, I don't know.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #170
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawwe View Post
No, I don't think that the Steve Barron film will ever be topped. It's actually one of my favorite movies. Is it a perfect movie? Not really but it's still a personal favorite. There is of course some nostalgia there but it still holds up even if you take that into account. Though it would be nice if I was suprised and blown away by a new TMNT movie but I really doubt it's ever going to happen.
Yeah, it's not a masterpiece, but it is GOOD. Throw in a pinch of nostalgia, and you have yourself a lifetime favorite.
One aspect of the film I always love to rave about is the grainy, grungy texture and look of it all, that really harkens back to the independent feel of the Mirage comics. New York looks worn and lived in, The Foot operate out of white vans while hiding out in an abandoned warehouse. Even the film itself looks grainy! Love it.

For a new tmnt film to surpass it in my eyes, would be a huge task, but one just within the realm of possibility, I think. Here's hoping.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-24-2017 at 10:28 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:53 AM   #171
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's not that hard to surpass TMNT 1990 at all... but I don't put a great deal of faith in such a thing happening anytime soon. Most of those hopes sort of died with the Viacom sale.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #172
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not that hard to surpass TMNT 1990 at all... but I don't put a great deal of faith in such a thing happening anytime soon. Most of those hopes sort of died with the Viacom sale.
Yes, but "hard" and "possible" seem to be two very different things when it comes to a question like this. I assume that's what your post is illustrating.

Sure, Spielberg or Tarantino could easily make a better tmnt film, but what are the possibilities of us actually getting one better than the 1990 film? Pretty split, imo.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote