The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 03:31 AM   #601
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I wonder if we'll get a third reuse of the FW Turtle buck down the line, 1988 Toy colors would be nifty.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:52 AM   #602
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I wonder if we'll get a third reuse of the FW Turtle buck down the line, 1988 Toy colors would be nifty.
I could see that happening...and I would buy!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:44 AM   #603
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

The perfect 2-pack:

Last edited by Discogod; 06-28-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #604
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I'd be ok with that too, but, I'm hoping the baby turtles might come out more conventional channels since they will technically be the same scale as the 1/4 turtles (right?). Though I could see them not estimating high enough demand for that type of release...
Yes. Since they are 1/4 scaled they can release them at retail.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #605
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Randy just tweeted

NECA‏Verified account @NECA_TOYS 35s36 seconds ago

NECA Retweeted Tortues Ninja France

Welcome. Showing some great surprises starting Wednesday night #sdcc #turtlepower
Old 07-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #606
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Randy just tweeted

NECA‏Verified account @NECA_TOYS 35s36 seconds ago

NECA Retweeted Tortues Ninja France

Welcome. Showing some great surprises starting Wednesday night #sdcc #turtlepower
I like the sound of that!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #607
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Yeah!!! Great news!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #608
oldmanwinters
Overlord

My gut feeling is that the next NECA TMNT figure might be 1990 movie-inspired, either a Shredder or a Foot Soldier. My one hesitation is that considering how big the 1990 movie Turtles figures already are, proper scale would mandate even taller humans.

View my sketch work!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:54 AM   #609
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

NECA has done a lot of fantastic work, but I'm getting a little tired of the constant re-hashing of the same themes. I mean, we now have cartoon versions from Playmates (not accurate, but it was still an attempt) FigureArts, and NECA. And in NECA's case, they just reused the molds from the arcade/video game figures. I'd really hate to see yet another version of that mold.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #610
Powder
So tired of this place

They could probably successfully milk a color swap one more time, but I don't think they would. I could maybe see some re-tooling, though. New heads & belts could potentially turn them into different turtles.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #611
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
NECA has done a lot of fantastic work, but I'm getting a little tired of the constant re-hashing of the same themes. I mean, we now have cartoon versions from Playmates (not accurate, but it was still an attempt) FigureArts, and NECA. And in NECA's case, they just reused the molds from the arcade/video game figures. I'd really hate to see yet another version of that mold.
LOL I would still like the NECA turtles done with the unique skin colours, like the original 80s figures/turtles in time.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:04 AM   #612
Powder
So tired of this place

It'd definitely look neat, but there's way too much bad blood between them & Playmates for them to do an homage.

Then again, cashing in on their concept has its merits...

Old 07-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #613
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

I'd definitely be game for a NYCC FW 4-pack... Bebop, Rocksteady, April & Splinter. Or even another 8-pack, just add Krang android body, Baxter fly, Casey & another Foot soldier. Excited to see what the reveals will be.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #614
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
After this set releases, I don't think we will see the same cartoon turtle head sculpts used again in this scale.

Think of it this way. With all the crappy product Playmates has released, and given the "convention only" licensing clause, it'll take a few years for NECA to re hash things in a spectacularly awesome way in addition to releasing product that they could not before.

So far we have: arcade set (not a rehash, a truly unique set)

Mirage villains: backlog of stuff that they wanted to release years ago

Cartoon turtles/villains: rehash of what Playmates/figuarts has released but done amazingly better and more cartoon accurate.

1/4 scale Henson: never been done accurately before (I'm not even going to count Playmate's various attempts because they look nothing like the suits in the movie). NECA's 1/4 Henson turtles and Another conpany's statues releases about the same time, so I'm not considering this a re hash, but a pioneering attempt that was superbly executed.

It is very likely that for 2018 SDCC we will see a 7" scale version of these Henson sculpts which again will be pioneering in this smaller scale.

Ok so after 2018 SDCC NOW we can see if they can get into things that are further pioneering. For instance I'd love to see a deep IDW line maybe even tied to the Mutants in Manhattan video game. Imagine Santaluoco styled characters the first year, then the second year getting the samurai variants and maybe later the punk variants. How cool would that be?!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #615
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Lil Karai, you make some valid points. All I'm saying is that I'm getting a little burnt out on basic sets of turtles. At some point, NECA and the other companies either need to add some other characters to their lines or just take a break for awhile. The only iterations we're really lacking are the 2K3 cartoon and 2K7 movie stuff. It's nice to have options, but there are only so many variations of the four basic turtles that are worth making/buying.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #616
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Lil Karai, you make some valid points. All I'm saying is that I'm getting a little burnt out on basic sets of turtles. At some point, NECA and the other companies either need to add some other characters to their lines or just take a break for awhile. The only iterations we're really lacking are the 2K3 cartoon and 2K7 movie stuff. It's nice to have options, but there are only so many variations of the four basic turtles that are worth making/buying.
Ah gotcha. Yes I agree with that. We don't want to get burnt out on the turtles!
Speaking for myself, I'd be interested in getting NECA IDW and 2012 Cartoon turtles. Then I'd be interested in expanding the lines from there with additional characters.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #617
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Someone did ask randy on twitter about a month ago wath tmnt we would get at nycc and all he did say was that this year was all about the 30 anniversary.from neca I would love 03.07 and 12 turtles and hopefully we get them.from the 87 series I would be more than happy with splinter,April.bebop.rocksteady.baxter and possible Krangs android body.i would love if neca did give us something new at sdcc and expanded old releases at nycc.like next year we would get 90 Henson at sdcc and more mirage at nycc next year 03 turtles and more 87 figures at nycc and so on
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #618
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Clue as to NECA's TMNT reveals tomorrow?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWs9yQQA...ejmanturtleman

View my sketch work!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #619
Powder
So tired of this place

No, that's just a fan who's pimping their Youtube unboxing of the latest SDCC set of figures. Says what it is right on the box, mang, c'mon!

Old 07-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #620
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
No, that's just a fan who's pimping their Youtube unboxing of the latest SDCC set of figures. Says what it is right on the box, mang, c'mon!
That was my first thought, but I was thinking the 2017sdcc set was supposedly to be 6 inch and the 7 inch tag confused me into thinking it might a "vol. 2" or something. But you're surely correct. Here's hoping we'll known the true story by this time tomorrow!

View my sketch work!