Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #361
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Here's your "goty edition" you kids all wanted

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/injusti...?skuId=6212816
And I'll buy this once it goes down to $29.99 or so. So I still have to wait.

After all I waited till Mortal Kombat XL came out (which has all the DLC for free), and then waited for it to be only $19.99 until I bought it. So instead some sad saps paid $59.99 for Mortal Kombat X when it came out in 2015, then spent a fortune on DLC which came out to another $40, or people bought Mortal Kombat XL itself for $59.99.

Instead I waited till Mortal Kombat XL was only $19.99, and I got the game, and the 10+ DLC characters all for free. I love playing as Alien and The Predator and Goro...I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #362
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

After all I waited till Mortal Kombat XL came out (which has all the DLC for free), and then waited for it to be only $19.99 until I bought it. So instead some sad saps paid $59.99 for Mortal Kombat X when it came out in 2015, then spent a fortune on DLC which came out to another $40, or people bought Mortal Kombat XL itself for $59.99.

Instead I waited till Mortal Kombat XL was only $19.99, and I got the game, and the 10+ DLC characters all for free. I love playing as Alien and The Predator and Goro...I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
It's rare moments like these when I completely agree with you and applaud your actions.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #363
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wow glad I'm waiting as well. And it's coming next month.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:43 PM   #364
jignat
Foot Soldier

Wow that was a lot sooner than I expected (not that I'm complaining)
I was thinking it would be released around Nov/Dec this year.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:46 PM   #365
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Same. Save us the grieving time for not having our fighting turtle boys.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:21 PM   #366
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

It's a smart move if you want to go that route but I object to being called a "sad sap" for buying at launch. I have no problem with paying that amount for something I'm going to play often and get to play it on time if I have the money.

I've done what you're doing many times myself... in fact I got Hyrule Warriors on Wii U for $5 and felt like I'd won a lottery. But don't trample on others for choosing to do something you don't.

(Plus I love the steelcase my version came in)
Old 02-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #367
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

It's funny how much of a high horse people get on over saving a few bucks, especially when it gets to the point of putting other people down.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #368
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Those who can afford buying it first gets early enjoyment. Time is money and I'm fine with that too.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:55 AM   #369
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I would've been super interested in this, buuuuuuut I already snagged the Ultimate Edition when it was on sale for like $30 on PSN, so I'm good. (Only lame thing is that version doesn't include Darkseid, but that's easy enough to fix.) Already ran through the Story Mode once and did a couple of Multiverses as Raphy Boy and Leo. I'm surprised how easy it was to get into despite me not really being a "memorize a ton of combos" fighting game person. It's been quite fun and I love upgrading my Turts. (Just unlocked the Shader that makes their masks look black so I can play as a Slash wannabe. )
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #370
jignat
Foot Soldier

So do the turtles have unique normal moves and special moves, but share a "super" move between them?
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #371
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Battlenexus was boring due to Konami trying to make more complicated game and add some stealth.
Enemies has more health and there is no more cool moments when you alone, beat the crap out of 4-5 enemies at the same time. As a result, gameplay is slow and unexciting, which is a crime for beat'em up and there are some levels, where you can skip fighting enemies entirely.
I gave up after the first level. I wonder if the third game returns to the roots of the first game.

Quote:
Sadly most licensed game were bad even back in the day. E.T. sort of started trend and had continued like that.
For every awesome TMNT or Bucky O'Hare you had sucky Terminator.
Depends which Terminator of course. But on the whole I don't feel there were as many bad licenced games as people make out there were. There was a lot of mediocrity but even mediocrity can be fun.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #372
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I gave up after the first level. I wonder if the third game returns to the roots of the first game.
I have completed game twice - used turtles first time and for the second used time time cheat to unlock Slashuur.
I have didn't enjoyed this game, aside from music. The fact that all cutscenes were cut from the game and make story completely incomprehensible didn't help (I have played bootleg version with typical Яussian Translation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Depends which Terminator of course. But on the whole I don't feel there were as many bad licenced games as people make out there were. There was a lot of mediocrity but even mediocrity can be fun.
First one on NES.
Second was not bad, but wasn't very good either, music aside.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #373
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Battlenexus and Mutant Nightmare were a lot of fun when played multiplayer. Even the first TMNT is great though very limited/constrained.

Best thing we got to fight Miyamoto Usagi, that was a blast.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #374
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's funny how much of a high horse people get on over saving a few bucks, especially when it gets to the point of putting other people down.
It's a really strange behavior, isn't it? The whole "Sooo glad I waited" thing. Often comes off as aggressively trying to ignore the fact that people got to enjoy it before them.

Of course, that's not the reason for everyone, but it's the general impression it gives.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #375
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's a really strange behavior, isn't it? The whole "Sooo glad I waited" thing. Often comes off as aggressively trying to ignore the fact that people got to enjoy it before them.

Of course, that's not the reason for everyone, but it's the general impression it gives.
Enjoy what? Half a game?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #376
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Enjoy what? Half a game?
I am not sure if calling absence of 9 characters in game with starting roster of 20+ and all possible modes available without DLC is a "half a game".
Old 03-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #377
CyberCubed
Overlord

When it comes to fighters waiting makes the most sense. Besides hardcore fighting game fans, the rest of us can wait because everyone knows all the DLC characters will be added for free in the base roster when the game is re-released. Then wait for that to go on sale on either amazon or digitally or whatever...and you can get the whole thing and DLC for around $35 or less...which is the sweet spot for me.

If you buy the game brand new at $59.99, the DLC alone is almost another full priced game at $50...which is why the Ultimate Edition digitally costs more than $100 on PSN. Paying more than $100 for one game is absurd.

The same thing is for the Dragonball Fighter Z game that just came out, the complete edition is $94 on PSN. To hell with that. I'll happily wait a year to get it under $40 with all the DLC for free.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #378
Sumac
Banned

Except by the time you finally buy game, its online might be already dead and / or filled exclusively with dozen pros and no-one else.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:24 AM   #379
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Except by the time you finally buy game, its online might be already dead and / or filled exclusively with dozen pros and no-one else.
Eh, I rarely play online anyway. After finishing story mode/unlocking stuff, I usually play 1 on 1 fights against the CPU for fun, or local 2 player if I have someone to play with.

I do that with all fighters, just do random matches and set the CPU to normal/hard difficulty and see if I can beat them. I usually go through a whole roster of characters since I never stick with one fighter and I like to play as everyone.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:24 AM   #380
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Eh, I rarely play online anyway. After finishing story mode/unlocking stuff, I usually play 1 on 1 fights against the CPU for fun, or local 2 player if I have someone to play with.

I do that with all fighters, just do random matches and set the CPU to normal/hard difficulty and see if I can beat them. I usually go through a whole roster of characters since I never stick with one fighter and I like to play as everyone.
Me too, but for people who want to play those games online, buying them later might not be a good idea.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut