The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-10-2023, 12:57 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is Luke Skywalker gay?

According to Disney, the answer is now yes. Due to a canon story that was published, "Luke on the Bright Side," where Luke gets sexual feelings for another dude. And he's been added to the LGBTQ category on Wookiepedia now.

https://www.westernstandard.news/new...87608b00d.html

Come to think of it, they weirdly made it a point in the sequel trilogy to not show any evidence of Luke in any kind of romantic relationship for the 35 years between the trilogies. Has this been planned all along? i.e., as something to circle back on and do... this?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-10-2023 at 01:03 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

IIRC Hamil has stated many times that he loved how Luke had a family and married Mara Jade in the books and always hoped to do some of that on film.

But now I'm 100% certain he will do a 180 on that and embrace this and be all for it.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:11 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
IIRC Hamil has stated many times that he loved how Luke had a family and married Mara Jade in the books and always hoped to do some of that on film.

But now I'm 100% certain he will do a 180 on that and embrace this and be all for it.
He's not against it at all.

Old 02-10-2023, 01:16 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I swear Hollywood and the Leftists have no category for "Single, Celibate, and Happy (or at least generally OK with it)."

I mean, I KNOW there's probably at least one letter for it in the LGBTQAI+ chain, but pragmatically it seems like if anybody is just "singular" in their fictional appearances, then clearly they are living in secret or suppressing something.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:09 PM   #5
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

“Not-so-secret gay agenda.”

Their words, not mine.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He's not against it at all.

WHUMP there it is!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:44 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That seems so random. Not that I've ever paid a whole lot of attention to Star Wars, but Luke Skywalker just simply seemed more the "married to his career" type and never questioned it, because it shouldn't be a big deal or require an explanation.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:06 PM   #8
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I swear Hollywood and the Leftists have no category for "Single, Celibate, and Happy (or at least generally OK with it)."
So does this mean they will portray Buddha as gay?
Old 02-10-2023, 08:15 PM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I think the reason we will never see Mara Jade in the Disney Star Wars era is because they want to lean into the "Luke *MIGHT* be gay (or asexual)" fan theories. Shame, cause I'd love if they did some animated series or something that takes place between VI and VII where they introduce her.

Could Luke have met Mara and turned her good in that timeframe, married, had a kid or two, then she either dies or escapes with the kids during Kylo's destruction of his temple... and Luke either doesn't know they escaped or is devastated thinking they died in the temple massacre. This would add more context to why he chose to exile himself. He thinks his wife and kids also died in that massacre.

Just because they never mentioned her in VII, VIII or IX doesn't mean she didn't exist. That's how they worked Ahsoka in and it worked out just fine.

Many fans were upset at how Luke was portrayed in the Sequels, and that the Skywalker line (bloodwise, anyway) is ended. But if they chose to write a story as I described, it would set a lot of things right. We'd have some new Skywalker kids out there in the universe.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-10-2023 at 08:23 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:52 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Something like that is about the best option available to them now.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:08 PM   #11
AquaParade
Banned

Next: The princess was actually trans and Boba Fett prefers cats. Space cats.

This is bizarre if true but wasn’t there some video leaked of one of the higher-ups, in charge of content, demanding that at least half their characters need to be lgbtq?
Don’t quote me on that.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:52 PM   #12
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
This is bizarre if true but wasn’t there some video leaked of one of the higher-ups, in charge of content, demanding that at least half their characters need to be lgbtq?
Something like that…

Heads up: Language in this vid

Old 02-10-2023, 10:11 PM   #13
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Is there any confirmation from Disney that this is true? The video from Mark Hamill was more like "if you like it that way, sure..."
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 12:20 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Is there any confirmation from Disney that this is true? The video from Mark Hamill was more like "if you like it that way, sure..."
Basically this is from an official story published in "Stories of Jedi and Sith" (literally published by Disney Press). They've told us over and over again that all novels post-Disney sale are canon, and they even put together a team just to regulate canon throughout all projects (film, TV, book, comic, video games). So they don't need to release a press release... this book is the press release. In the book there he is having sexual feelings for other dudes, so that's that.

Also, apparently that book is a "middle-grade" book aimed at kids. Like what, 4th graders? That's a little sinister.

Oh, and the Hamill video is years old. I just posted it to illustrate that yeah, he'd have no problem with gay Luke because there he was saying it in 2016.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:45 AM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Eventually they're gonna say April was gay in the 80's cartoon just cause she never had an official boyfriend.

Eventually being 'married to your career' just means gay.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:46 AM   #16
Sumac
Banned

**** them. After Gisnep scrapped EU, I don't give a **** about their canon.
I am sure most people feel likewise.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was all for them scrapping the EU stuff on principle (too much to reconcile in between trilogies for general audiences, etc.) but if at the very least keeping it would safeguard the characters themselves remaining as created and envisioned... maybe that would have been a small price to pay in the bigger picture?
Old 02-11-2023, 07:08 AM   #18
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Eventually they're gonna say April was gay in the 80's cartoon just cause she never had an official boyfriend.

So Amanda Woodward and JR Ewing were gay

....and uncle Scrooge

Luke : "My fathers gay"
C-3PO : "Not that theres anything wrong with it"

I miss the Rock , he could make a new Cena tribute song , "Fruitloop in the wind" :

"Seems to me
you lived your life
like a fruitloop in the wind......."
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 11:20 AM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

Oh someone probably will... seeing how real people are already treated that way. Not married or otherwise partnered up? Divorced and not remarrying? People will ignore the history of who you've been attracted to and rudely insinuate the opposite now since you lack present proof of what you are, so 80s April is a sitting duck. Bad enough Leo likewise can't even just have a friend now without the damn shippers deciding he must be gay, ignoring that he has a franchise-wide history of being into women. Hell I think he has the longest (albeit still short) list of love interests (even if most are unrequited) of any of the Turtles? All women. But be friends with Usagi and it "must" be something else... *sigh*

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-11-2023 at 11:28 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 12:23 PM   #20
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Bad enough Leo likewise can't even just have a friend now without the damn shippers deciding he must be gay, ignoring that he has a franchise-wide history of being into women. Hell I think he has the longest (albeit still short) list of love interests (even if most are unrequited) of any of the Turtles? All women. But be friends with Usagi and it "must" be something else... *sigh*
Interestingly enough, in Edo Japan, samurai would take young boys, or “wakashu”, as both apprentices and lovers. The wakashu would be used sexually by the much older samurai in exchange for fighting lessons, and once they had gone through the coming-of-age ceremony at 18, they would be relieved of their lovemaking duties (yuck).

Isn’t Usagi like in his late 30’s or early 40’s? And since Leo is just a teenager, wouldn’t that make him the “wakashu” in their relationship if they were in fact dating?

People and their fantasies, sheesh…