The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

TMNT Adventures vol. 6 on the horizon

Yay! They didn't forget about it after all!
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Call me when there's some cool cover art to look at.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
pingclang
Stone Warrior

I'm just glad they are in fact continuing them. Now if they'd bring back the colored classics I could live in Turtle Heaven.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Bobby (IDW editor) over at the IDW forums recently confirmed that they plan on continuing to collect the Archie series.

I've put in a request for the trade folks at IDW to slow down for a second and consider how to continue from here. If they continue with 4 issues per trade, well, in the end it isn't horrible because we'd at least have all the issues. BUT, if you do it just right and consider some of the Mutanimals tie-ins like the 3-issue mini with Raph (which overlaps the storyline that was in vol 5) and the Four Horsemen trilogy, plus break the 4-issue rule and do some that are 5 or 6 issues long even for a few more dollars, then you could keep major stories intact (Shark, Cyber Samauri, etc.) I've also suggested maybe Chris Allan be tapped for some covers since we're about to get into his issues. All Bobby can do is pass on the suggestions. So we can hope and see.

I for one am just glad to have the first 20 issues in trade and to finally venture into the issues that haven't ever been collected before, either by Tundra or Archie mini digests, or otherwise. However, if they take a few suggestions, it could turn from good to great
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archie