The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

What's your age?

I couldn't find a thread for this which is, quite frankly, very surprising but I thought 'what the hell, I'll make my own'.

So, I'm 23 (born 1993).
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sadly I'm middle age now, just recently turned 31 having been born in 1985.

It seems like only yesterday I was in my 20's and even my teens, I have no idea where the time goes. God when I registered to this forum back in 2004 I was only 18 years old. You can literally read old posts of mine from over a decade ago with 18 year old me ranting on the forums. Back then the 2k3 series was airing and I was all over it and the review threads.

Hell I have posts on other forums like IGN dating back to when I was a 13 year old. Jesus. Some of us original TMNT fans are so old now it's ridiculous. If only there was a way to stop time from moving forward. God I miss being a whiny teen posting rants on message boards in the early 2000's. Believe it or not this is me "calmed down" from what I used to be like. I used to be quite a ranting fiend in my younger days.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Close to being old enough to decline such questions.

In other words, the late end of 37, or finely aged since April '79. (Not even sure how that happened.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Sadly I'm middle age now
You only intend to live until young 60s? The cut off of "young adult" isn't even until after 35. Though some sources say 40.

But that's the bad thing about the 20s... they fly by at the exact opposite speed the teens dragged through in. The 30s seems to speed up even more. Kind of makes you not want to wait too long for more TMNT films and shows.

Good news for you younger ones though, I can't say I actually FEEL any older than say 25-ish. If anyone does feel old at this age then that is sad.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-27-2017 at 09:14 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
New thread about age? Check. Cubed ranting about getting old? Double check. BINGO!! Just filled up my Cybercubed Bingo card for the day....

And I'm 40 for those wondering.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

I'm pretty sure this is one of those threads that gets made every year or so, but I guess there's no harm in creating it again.

Me, I'm 26 years old(born in 1990). Turned 26 about 3 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Close to being old enough to decline such questions.

You only intend to live until young 60s? The cut off of "young adult" isn't even until after 35. Though some sources say 40.

But that's the bad thing about the 20s... they fly by at the exact opposite speed the teens dragged through in. The 30s seems to speed up even more. Kind of makes you not want to wait too long for more TMNT films and shows.

Good news for you younger ones though, I can't say I actually FEEL any older than say 25-ish. If anyone does feel old at this age then that is sad.
Time has sped up from 2013 or so on. After turning 22 the years have been going by just like that. It's been like this ever since I've gotten into university.

I feel a bit different from when I was 20-22. Less idealistic and less impulsive. Can't really put my finger on it, but also my opinion on some things has changed a bit over the last few years. Maybe I'm maturing an starting to feel like an actual adult. When I was 20-23 I still felt like a "kid" somewhat. But then I hit 25 and something sunk in on me.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #6
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah it happened the same for me. I think it's that moment when you realize you really ARE an adult and can't go back to being the "innocent, carefree" days of being a kid. That's life for ya though!

Old 02-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yeah it happened the same for me. I think it's that moment when you realize you really ARE an adult and can't go back to being the "innocent, carefree" days of being a kid. That's life for ya though!
Well it wasn't an overnight click or anything. When I turned 23 I was like "damn time is just moving forward". And then came 24 and 25. I barely remember being 23 and 24. It's like those years just slipped my fingers. 25 didn't go by as fast, actually.

I think when you're 20-22 you still have a little bit of that teenage mentality left in you until ti eventually goes away. Plus most people are still studying at the time, while people aged 25-26 usually are already done with their studies(or bachelors at least) and already getting into the full time working routine, living on their own, being in long term relationships, etc.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #8
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Exactly. I think it happens around that age for MOST people. (Eternal man-children excluded.)

Old 02-27-2017, 09:55 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Exactly. I think it happens around that age for MOST people. (Eternal man-children excluded.)
Well I still don't consider myself very mature, tbh lol
Old 02-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #10
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I think you're pretty mature actually. Levelheaded and rational.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:25 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I think you're pretty mature actually. Levelheaded and rational.
Well I might come across that way but keep in mind that talking to someone online is different form talking to someone irl. Not only you don't see how I act/carry myself on a daily basis but I also have more time to think of how to answer your questions or how to address your points in an online forum.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #12
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Hell I have posts on other forums like IGN dating back to when I was a 13 year old. Jesus. Some of us original TMNT fans are so old now it's ridiculous. If only there was a way to stop time from moving forward. God I miss being a whiny teen posting rants on message boards in the early 2000's. Believe it or not this is me "calmed down" from what I used to be like. I used to be quite a ranting fiend in my younger days.
Yeah, me too. I used to be a massive fan of Futurama and I remember posting in the PEEL forum as well as using the forums on StarTrek.com.

You don't seem too bad as far as ranting goes, in fact you seem more level headed than many other fans I've come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well I might come across that way but keep in mind that talking to someone online is different form talking to someone irl. Not only you don't see how I act/carry myself on a daily basis but I also have more time to think of how to answer your questions or how to address your points in an online forum.
I often find that's the way online. When I was thirteen people tended to think I was older than I was though with facebook profile pictures it's not really an issue anymore.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 AM   #13
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm 44, born in 1973.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #15
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

31, and really starting to feel the pinch of getting my ass in gear. I want to be so much further ahead than I am right now.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Old enough to feel old, young enough to have nobody sympathize when I say that I feel old.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

When do people generally go through mid-life crisis? Is it during your 30's or 40's?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #18
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
When do people generally go through mid-life crisis? Is it during your 30's or 40's?
According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45–65:[2] "The period between early adulthood and old age, usually considered as the years from about 45 to 65." The US Census lists the category middle age from 45 to 65.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:38 AM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
What's the origin of the term "mid-life crisis" anyway? Is it used by medical professionals and such?

Admittedly I don't know really know any people aged 45-65 on a personal level(except my parents, that is) but I never really heard of a real life case of someone going through a mid-life crisis.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #20
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm young enough to ignore how old I am.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote