The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
stansimpson
Mouser

I finally got *EVERYTHING* from the Archie TMNT series!!

In Feb 2016, I lost all my comics in a flood. By Feb 2017, I bought them all back... and then some! TMNT Adventures is my *favorite* comic book series. I spent my childhood collecting every issue from any place I could. If they sold comics, I checked their TMNT section first (I still do, just for fun). The main run (Vol 2. # 1 - # 72) was my crown jewel. I had some of the spin-offs before (some Mutanimals, a few Conservation Corps, a few specials, etc.), but with this new endeavor, I finally got every single issue in the Archie universe!

I could only use "fun money", because I'm married, and we're living on my single income (no kids; just a sweet Alaskan Malamute). And I really don't make a lot either. I used birthdays, Christmas, and months of "beer money" (SwagBucks became an addiction for a while). I bought the biggest runs from eBay. Second most came from our local second-hand book store. Third most common was Mile High Comics (check 'em out!).

I posted my collection to Imgur here. Take a look and let me know what you think please!
http://imgur.com/gallery/eNbA0
stansimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansimpson View Post
In Feb 2016, I lost all my comics in a flood. By Feb 2017, I bought them all back... and then some! TMNT Adventures is my *favorite* comic book series. I spent my childhood collecting every issue from any place I could. If they sold comics, I checked their TMNT section first (I still do, just for fun). The main run (Vol 2. # 1 - # 72) was my crown jewel. I had some of the spin-offs before (some Mutanimals, a few Conservation Corps, a few specials, etc.), but with this new endeavor, I finally got every single issue in the Archie universe!

I could only use "fun money", because I'm married, and we're living on my single income (no kids; just a sweet Alaskan Malamute). And I really don't make a lot either. I used birthdays, Christmas, and months of "beer money" (SwagBucks became an addiction for a while). I bought the biggest runs from eBay. Second most came from our local second-hand book store. Third most common was Mile High Comics (check 'em out!).

I posted my collection to Imgur here. Take a look and let me know what you think please!
Nice collection. The Archie stuff is the only series I didn't try to track down. I have the first mini series and a handful of odd issues but otherwise it was too troublesome.

But, I do have all the 1st prints of everything else TMNT except issue #1. And I have 2 copies of v4 29-32. Plus I've been collecting the IDW stuff too.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansimpson View Post

Awesome. Way to go!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Sorry to hear about the flood. Way to stick with your quest in capturing everything.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Very cool. These are some classic stories and I'm glad you can read them again, but collecting them was half the fun for me. Hope you enjoyed the hunt!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Congrats. I also enjoyed the Archie Adventure Series as a kid. This series was the first time I ever bought a comic book. I also tracked down all the issues as an adult. I have the entire collection including every book ever done under the Archie name. My problem is I'm a picky collector. I only buy direct editions and first printings. I also am picky on condition as I usually only buy near mint and odor free books. You would be surprised how many times I had to resell books because they arrived smelling like smoke. It took me forever to track down the entire collection in this condition but I know there's not many that own it either way. Again, congrats. I know how much time it must have taken to get it complete.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #7
stansimpson
Mouser

That's really cool, Turnstone! I was very fortunate to only receive one issue that was smoke damaged (#29). Fortunately, I got a collection that happened to have a smoke-free one. I'm impressed by your apparent immaculate collection. Even with everything I have now, I gotta admit I'm still a bit jealous. Haha. Speaking of which, do you know of anything that I might be missing that you would consider a part of the TMNT Archie series?
stansimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:59 AM   #8
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I'm a completist so I bought all the original Archie trades, the sourcebooks, the crossovers, all the mutanimsls series, the annuals.... basically anything to do with the Archie TMNT universe.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #9
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Congrats!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #10
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Congratulations! This was my first comic book series I ever started buying so I understand the connection to this series. I'm glad you were able to get your Archie TMNT Adventures comics back plus some.

Tags
archie, archie comics