The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #1
BH Daimaouji
Thug

Splinter's death question

So is this series the only time Splinter died in the whole TMNT universe, or there's another universe in which he dies?

That's kinda grim for him to die

I roleplay as Leonardo

Owned TMNT episode DVDs:

German DVD box 1-3

Polish DVD

Owned TMNT games

Famiclone

Geki Kame ninja den
TMNT2
TMNT TF
BH Daimaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Old age

*While not mentioned why, he's gone in the "Once upon a Time Machine" future of the 1987-1996 series. It's easy to understand he probably died from old age.

*In the TMNT Adventures Archie comics, future Donatello says he died from old age in the Future Shark trilogy.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Yeah it is, on screen.

But in Mirage he dies of a heart attack but it turns out he wasn't the real Splinter, he was a clone. The real Splinter was living in the Battle Nexus.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

Other than what's been said, he died in a hallucination in 4kids. That's it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah it is, on screen.

But in Mirage he dies of a heart attack but it turns out he wasn't the real Splinter, he was a clone. The real Splinter was living in the Battle Nexus.
We don't know all that for sure.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH Daimaouji View Post
So is this series the only time Splinter died in the whole TMNT universe, or there's another universe in which he dies?
Oh boy. Uh yeah, Mirage volume 4. Then there a bunch of alternate timelines and what-not.

That's even tackling this from the angle of Hamato Yoshi dying, which is almost a given.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

He eventually died of old age off-screen in Archie TMNT Adventures. When the Future Turtles come back they say Splinter passed away and look at young Splinter and say goodbye.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That Nickelodeon of all companies may be the first and only to murder him, and moderately on screen... jeeze, Nick. Bold for a "kid's show."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #8
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That Nickelodeon of all companies may be the first and only to murder him, and moderately on screen... jeeze, Nick. Bold for a "kid's show."
You can almost argue that they did it twice. Only messing with the timeline prevented it the first time.

I don't think from mid-fourth season on had kids in mind as their target audience as much anymore. The series got noticeably darker after that.

Last edited by Kit31; 10-01-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

True, esp since it took a while to see it even undone so he, along with the rest of the planet, were all killed and destroyed for a while.

I will miss that we had people handling a show who recognized and acknowledged that a measurable part of the fans watching are adults, and tried to push it while keeping it, at times just barely, within the bounds of what is okay on Nick.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:27 AM   #10
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I loved the darker tone the series took, but in the back of my mind, I was wondering if they were sometimes taking it too far on that particular network. I was REALLY surprised by some of the stuff they got away with. There are two other shows that got pretty dark (Avatar and Korra), but man...I think TMNT even beat those with the heaviness of things that got past the censors.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:05 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

I wonder what the writers would have done had they been given a PG13 to go with.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Good question, I'm not familiar with other work of theirs (that I am aware of at least), but had it been on another channel... hmm...

Even back in the day though Nick has tried pushing the enveloped a little now and then. (Like the mildly more mature programming on "Snick" for a while for the older kids/teens.) Fluffy Disney channel they are not. lol (Even if they've annoyingly tried to emulate it a little these days.)

I'm not sure too many "kid's shows" (cartoon) really deal in character deaths these days anymore, do they? So many series are such nonsense now. Heck, I don't remember much from the original Transformers, but I still remember when Optimus Prime died. Won't be surprised if this Splinter death, esp more brutal as it was, likewise sticks with kids who saw it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-02-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Good question, I'm not familiar with other work of theirs (that I am aware of at least), but had it been on another channel... hmm...

Even back in the day though Nick has tried pushing the enveloped a little now and then. (Like the mildly more mature programming on "Snick" for a while for the old kids/teens.) Fluffy Disney channel they are not. lol (Even if they've annoyingly tried to emulate it a little these days.)

I'm not sure too many "kid's shows" (cartoon) really deal in character deaths these days anymore, do they? So many series are such nonsense now. Heck, I don't remember much from the original Transformers, but I still remember when Optimus Prime died. Won't be surprised if this Splinter death, esp more brutal as it was, likewise sticks with kids who saw it.
Didn't they also tone down that splinter death from what it originally was?
We had to see him die twice and almost 3 times...
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It also adds an extra layer of tragedy. Like, Shredder was destined to kill Splinter and going back in time couldn't change that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #15
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

No time travel or anything else could save him from me.He is dead and iam a mutant demon zombie!! MUHAHAHAHAHA AND NOTHING WILL SAVE THE NEXT SPLINTER FROM ME(THE 2018 SPLINTER)!!! I will kill him in a even more brutal way than the 2012 splinter!!!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Annnnnnnd then it turned out that Shredder isn't even present because the Turtles are busy "unlock[ing] the mystical secrets of New York City" instead.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 AM   #17
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam there. TMNT wihout me can not happen. Who will they fight if not me? Only Utroms, purple dragons and mad scientists? Iam their worst enemy and i will kill them all this time not just splinter!
Old 10-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
the Turtles will encounter absurd new mutants and battle bizarre creatures**
You win, I guess, it does say "bizarre creatures."
Old 10-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #19
Xav
Foot Elite

Splinter is dead in the 4Kids episode "Same As It Never Was".
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:00 AM   #20
BH Daimaouji
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh boy. Uh yeah, Mirage volume 4. Then there a bunch of alternate timelines and what-not.
Thank you

So Splinter dying is canon indeed

I roleplay as Leonardo

Owned TMNT episode DVDs:

German DVD box 1-3

Polish DVD

Owned TMNT games

Famiclone

Geki Kame ninja den
TMNT2
TMNT TF
BH Daimaouji is offline   Reply With Quote